Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1409 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 5:57 pm
It's not a free speaker it's a $10 speaker ;)
You might want to consider just creating a new account, claim the speaker and give away the account with a free 1 month of premium.
Careful since your CC info is in the Spotify account.
Dec 27, 2007
17920 posts
9064 upvotes
Kitchener
hesp wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 5:52 pm
so you can just cancel you subscription after the mini order or better to wait for it to ship
You already paid for the whole month and won't get charged till May 8th, there is no hurry to cancel now.
Jan 17, 2006
825 posts
173 upvotes
Mississauga
I completely agree with the "no abusing" statement, that said, I doubt anyone is loosing here... This is an investment for Google, they are perfectly fine with subsidizing the hardware in order to get as many of them in people's houses as possible... Spotify is for sure paying google something but likely a very reduced priced so they are probably getting even with the $9.99 you are paying.

Also remember, they already ran this promo in the US, if they didn't get raped there under the same conditions and the promo ran fine then I don't think any abuse here will make a difference... If you think Canadians with their RFD effect are bad, those guys are beasts! I have never seen anything like what happens in US BF here in Canada...
Last edited by Lumute on Apr 9th, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4572 posts
989 upvotes
Vancouver
aasoror wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 5:59 pm
You already paid for the whole month and won't get charged till May 8th, there is no hurry to cancel now.
tru. Thanks
Dec 30, 2012
926 posts
409 upvotes
Burlington
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 5:45 pm
know people are concerned about privacy issues but in places like my bathroom and garage, it works better as a time-teller and music speaker than a device to spy on me.
Just don't forget to say "hey google" before you drop a deuce...
Mar 4, 2014
678 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered at 10am as guest and shipped using Canada Post
Dec 27, 2007
17920 posts
9064 upvotes
Kitchener
stanleylai wrote:
Careful since your CC info is in the Spotify account.
Use Paypal as other members already suggested, you can just terminate the agreement from PP account and no CC info would be exposed to whoever is handed the account.
Sep 15, 2015
677 posts
570 upvotes
Abbotsford
I dub this thread " The Best Deal of 2019 Thus Far"
Well done OP

All hail the King in the North!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1107 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
Got one. Hope I can choose colors. Lol. Essentially free because of STACK promo.
Nov 19, 2014
60 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If somehow Google gives you the "it is not you but us" error, copy the promo code that is in the link. I mean the link Spotify redirects you to google to buy the thing.
Jun 15, 2011
39157 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
Just saw this now. Oops.

So I hope I’m not too late to sign up haha. Unfortunately I can’t sign up for a new premium account with my email addresses. I’ve used them before :(
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Mar 1, 2002
6434 posts
2275 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
I'd say safe to cancel when you get the shipment notice, it just turns off auto renew so you'll still have access.
Mar 25, 2013
308 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
This thread had potential to beat the 10GB for 60$ threads from Christmas 2017
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1733 posts
1219 upvotes
Just a heads up for those that never used a Google Home device before, ALL voice requests are saved in your Google account and can be replayed or deleted at your control.

I find it quite funny to play back requests from times that you don't remember i.e. coming home late at night from partying or something.... Yes it's really creepy but it's pretty amusing.

Also if someone uses your GHM when you're not there you can check what they asked.
Nov 21, 2014
69 posts
8 upvotes
Westmount, QC
WellHung wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 6:03 pm
Got one. Hope I can choose colors. Lol. Essentially free because of STACK promo.
me 2 color option

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

LilyL26138