Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 30, 2010
148 posts
40 upvotes
good deal but already got 1 from bestbuy deal months back, and already have spotify family...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5332 posts
1835 upvotes
Thornhill
Thank you Spotify shareholders for buying me a Google Home XD
Sep 2, 2017
149 posts
168 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP! Like others it said the stock was low but I was still able to order right away. Deliver is April 15-16 for me.
Sep 28, 2004
984 posts
131 upvotes
rendered22 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:40 am
Amazing offer. Got it! Thank you OP.

Why are they giving away free $79 google home minis though? Should we be weary they want to get into our homes and listen to everything that goes on? Hmmmm Thinking Face
You should be weary but you should also know that people can already do that with your cell phone as a hot mic.

One reason they are giving them away is to boost their user base. They are always in competition with other voice assistants like Amazon's Alexa and to a lesser extent Apple's Siri. They also know that once someone uses a certain voice assistant they are unlikely to switch to another because of the hardware cost. Amazon doesn't give away Echos even in promotions very often (if ever). Google has periodically given away the Google Home Mini with other products. They have done it a lot with Nest, in fact I think they currently have "buy this get a free Google Home Mini" promotions on. Also, this isn't truly free. I'm sure Google gets user data from Spotify that they can use for YouTube Music/Google Play Music and advertising.
Dec 8, 2013
159 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op, this is the definition of hot deal.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1149 posts
442 upvotes
Great deal. I have a Group Buy Premium Account so I am not eligible but signed up temporarily to get a $10 Google Home Mini because it is a great deal.
Jun 29, 2009
145 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
Awesome deal! My premium just ran out too! Perfect timing, thanks OP!
Mar 4, 2014
678 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need to enter payment info for google checkout?
Jun 29, 2009
145 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
Boomer23 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:00 am
Do you need to enter payment info for google checkout?
Yes, you have to put in your CC info.
Aug 27, 2006
194 posts
23 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Sweet. Had signed up to the Premium free trial last month to try it out. Forgot to cancel it Saturday and it auto-renewed. Had sort of decided to keep it a few months, this sweetened the deal that much more.

Delivery is April 12-15 for mine.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2376 posts
1175 upvotes
I have no idea that i need either of these, but I jumped on the bandwagon.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
1604 posts
1463 upvotes
Well this is BS. I have an annual plan and it forces me to go on a monthly plan?!
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.