Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Half-price plan for students (premium for $4.99 CAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 11:37 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2012
787 posts
154 upvotes
The six

Half-price plan for students (premium for $4.99 CAD)

Deal Link:
Price:
$4.99
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Spotify
Spotify's half-price premium subscriptions for students has finally arrived in Canada!

The premium subscription offers the following benefits:
- No ads
- Offline music collection
- premium tier improved sound quality

It's great to see Spotify's student pricing come to Canada for those that prefer Spotify over Apple Music (FYI, Apple Music also has a $4.99 student tier pricing that's been out for a few months now for those that prefer Apple Music > Spotify)

Students simply need to head to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/student/ to sign up and SheerID handles all the student verification business.

*Note* You can get Spotify premium for student pricing for 1 year, after which can be renewed up to three times for a total of four years
Last edited by dabomb54321 on Apr 19th, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6331 posts
1422 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
Family group deals are better if you can find a group!
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3680 posts
956 upvotes
better take part of a group-buy here on RFD, for the family plan. It ends up cheaper, but you have to prepay.

can't find the thread (I'm at work)
Oct 26, 2015
522 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto,ON
Family group plan comes to $3 a month per person
I try to buy smart but end up Penny wise Pound Foolish :(
Mar 8, 2010
17 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Regarding Spotify Family Plan, just a couple of caveats:

- You would be pre-paying the "host" person who buys the membership annually (split 6 ways; around $30-35 CDN, depending on host)
- The "host" must be comfortable sharing their personal home address with 5 members/internet-friends/strangers
- Not sure how far left of legal it is
Jun 12, 2016
289 posts
106 upvotes
Mississauga
adilio wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:00 pm
Regarding Spotify Family Plan, just a couple of caveats:

- You would be pre-paying the "host" person who buys the membership annually (split 6 ways; around $30-35 CDN, depending on host)
- The "host" must be comfortable sharing their personal home address with 5 members/internet-friends/strangers
- Not sure how far left of legal it is
I've personally setup my own Spotify group recently but did not have to provide my home address to my other 5 "family members" and it is working fine. Whether or not Spotify with catch on to this, time will tell.
Mar 8, 2010
17 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
LauD14 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:09 pm
I've personally setup my own Spotify group recently but did not have to provide my home address to my other 5 "family members" and it is working fine. Whether or not Spotify with catch on to this, time will tell.
Huh. As did I, though I was not the host. At setup, Spotify was asking for "our" home address, and I was unable to enter my personal one at the time. If it's changed now, great!

Edit: here's a recent thread. Use at your own risk, I guess: https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/commen ... mily_plan/
Dec 28, 2008
590 posts
110 upvotes
Rural Ontario
Great timing OP as I've just enrolled in a Masters program. Cheers!
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
Feb 11, 2008
198 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
Student pricing plan not available in Quebec !
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3869 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
i still have an active email from my old school from like 10 yrs ago. will that work? i wonder how they verify?
Jun 7, 2013
105 posts
54 upvotes
Mascouche
On my side, what I do is, I buy a 12 month premium code (once a year...) from eBay from any reputable seller. I get roughly 50% rebate, comes down for me to around 6$ per month. Did this so far twice, had no issue (my codes were never cancelled).
Oct 20, 2013
742 posts
190 upvotes
Chambly, QC
coffenk wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:31 pm
Student pricing plan not available in Quebec !
What a band of losers!!
Apple Music is doing student price in Quebec...
Aug 21, 2016
83 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks, that was quick, I am already a premium customer, now I pay half.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3680 posts
956 upvotes
RobertRabbit wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 2:30 pm
What a band of losers!!
Apple Music is doing student price in Quebec...
Are you really THAT mad??

when you can be part of a cheaper group-buy...

I don't understand your logic
Last edited by def47 on Apr 19th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.