This should be moved to the group buy area
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14610 posts
5312 upvotes
Oakville
KC108 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 9:20 am
Reported. A simple search would show that there is already a pre-existing thread: Your text to link here...
If you were searching in expired hot deals, or across the whole site. Most people only search in hot deals when they are looking to post a new deal.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Mar 14, 2006
835 posts
95 upvotes
Coquitlam
wearysky wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 10:49 am
If you were searching in expired hot deals, or across the whole site. Most people only search in hot deals when they are looking to post a new deal.
Thanks wearysky, yes I searched under Hot Deals before I posted. Anyways I am happy about the family Spotify deal :-)
Dec 13, 2013
8 posts
1 upvote
If each family member uses their cellphone to access this service, they would have different IP's. Plus, how would they use it at work if they tracked IP's? Can anybody confirm this?
Aug 4, 2012
279 posts
168 upvotes
Cambridge
mardanvit wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 2:34 pm
If each family member uses their cellphone to access this service, they would have different IP's. Plus, how would they use it at work if they tracked IP's? Can anybody confirm this?
What are you asking? Spotify doesn't track IPs or otherwise track the location of family plan members.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14610 posts
5312 upvotes
Oakville
mardanvit wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 2:34 pm
Where did this question come from? Spotify doesn't do any kind of IP tracking.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jun 12, 2016
475 posts
152 upvotes
Mississauga
curiousgeorge75 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 8:15 am
Thanks for this deal! Does anyone know the best way to share with friends or otherwise? Does one person pay and the other 5 give him $30 for the year? Or is there an easy automated way of collecting $2.50 per month from each person?
Whoever you are sharing the plan with, I would say that it is probably easier to collect the yearly amount from each "family member" so that you don't have to collect monthly. A suggestion would be to collect payment from members via Interac e-transfer or pay-pal on a yearly basis to avoid paying re-occurring monthly transaction fees. It's too bad Spotify does not accommodate yearly payment option for Family plan.
May 31, 2005
582 posts
74 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 10:47 am
Where did this question come from? Spotify doesn't do any kind of IP tracking.
In the thread where people are grouping up they're all geographically grouped. Spotify must be cracking down?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3970 posts
914 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've got free Premium from Rogers for another year, is there a way to upgrade to the Family plan and pay the extra $5?
Jun 7, 2013
252 posts
124 upvotes
GATINEAU
canuckcolehead wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 9:46 am
I've got free Premium from Rogers for another year, is there a way to upgrade to the Family plan and pay the extra $5?
I tried last year and there wasn't since its managed by Rogers. It made for a good trial and I've been subscribing to Family plan since, once the Rogers deal ran out.
Sep 8, 2002
201 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Did everyone else get their code? I ordered mine on Sept 4th, but still haven't received mine. It's supposed to be sent out 3 days prior to the renewal date?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1310 posts
43 upvotes
TechJunk wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 1:47 pm
I tried last year and there wasn't since its managed by Rogers. It made for a good trial and I've been subscribing to Family plan since, once the Rogers deal ran out.
My deal for free Spotify with Rogers ends in a couple of days. Can you tell me how you renewed? did you let Rogers deal lapse and then signed up with a new family?

Regards
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3970 posts
914 upvotes
Winnipeg
Akaz1976 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 8:47 am
My deal for free Spotify with Rogers ends in a couple of days. Can you tell me how you renewed? did you let Rogers deal lapse and then signed up with a new family?

Regards

My Rogers deal just lapsed and I think you'll have to go to Spotify to renew/upgrade (Same account and all your playlists etc will be the same)
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
I just spoke to Spotify and have daughters in Ottawa and Toronto. Cannot sign them up under family plan unless everyone lives in the same house. What the hell is that about. How do they even know where they are living. Disappointing.