• Jul 10th, 2018 4:21 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1552 posts
635 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 3:44 pm
I just spoke to Spotify and have daughters in Ottawa and Toronto. Cannot sign them up under family plan unless everyone lives in the same house. What the hell is that about. How do they even know where they are living. Disappointing.
When you setup the family plan and enter their email, they will receive an invite to join the family plan. When they join, Spotify asks for their address. If all of you enter the same address then it works out just fine. I have a Spotify family that I've never met and have no idea where they live.
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
135 upvotes
Burlington
rob187 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:11 am
When you setup the family plan and enter their email, they will receive an invite to join the family plan. When they join, Spotify asks for their address. If all of you enter the same address then it works out just fine. I have a Spotify family that I've never met and have no idea where they live.
Great, so they do not confirm the address?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1552 posts
635 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 8:52 am
Great, so they do not confirm the address?
They do not confirm the address. Setup the account with your address and instruct the family members to enter your address when prompted.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1154 posts
68 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm hoping to create a family account with family members that travel a lot. Spotify live-chat told me that if we get a plan in Canada and a family member travels to the US for more than 2 weeks, the traveling family member will have an issue. Anyone experience this? Any way around this?
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
My RFD Feedback
My HeatWare
Jun 19, 2010
163 posts
41 upvotes
Thornhill
Kimberlee1 wrote:
I just spoke to Spotify and have daughters in Ottawa and Toronto. Cannot sign them up under family plan unless everyone lives in the same house. What the hell is that about. How do they even know where they are living. Disappointing.
Just have them write the same home address - Spotify doesn't check.
Jun 7, 2013
252 posts
124 upvotes
GATINEAU
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Just have them sign up under your adddress.. My mom in Montreal is on my family plan and I'm in Ottawa, no issues at all.
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
212 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
when they gonna bring back 99 cents for 6 months deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1126 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
inda6ix wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 9:11 pm
when they gonna bring back 99 cents for 6 months deal.
Hmmm. The must lose a lot of money on those deals. I'm just about to sign-up for another free trial. Most people run out of credit cards and e-mail addresses to use, eventually. But when they do longer term deals like 6 months, then it is much easier to stretch the free-trial chain.
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
212 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
facebook259 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 9:06 am
Hmmm. The must lose a lot of money on those deals. I'm just about to sign-up for another free trial. Most people run out of credit cards and e-mail addresses to use, eventually. But when they do longer term deals like 6 months, then it is much easier to stretch the free-trial chain.
How you do it educated me?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1126 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
inda6ix wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 9:35 pm
How you do it educated me?
It is not rocket science. Use a different email address and credit card each time. Between my wife and myself that is 8 free trails. If I snag a three month deal once a year and I do the PayPal accounts that is long enough to start all over.
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
212 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
facebook259 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2018 7:21 pm
It is not rocket science. Use a different email address and credit card each time. Between my wife and myself that is 8 free trails. If I snag a three month deal once a year and I do the PayPal accounts that is long enough to start all over.
Thanks for the info Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14422 posts
2025 upvotes
Toronto
Is anybody opening up a group buy? I just need one spot for one year.