[spotify] Spotify Canada 3 months for 99 cents (Offer ends Dec 31 2017) No QC

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6835 posts
2246 upvotes
Markham
For those with Premium before it'll give you 9.99/3 months instead.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
106 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:16 pm
For those with Premium before it'll give you 9.99/3 months instead.
Did you got through the same link as in the OP?
I'm on premium family and was hoping there would be a small discount for me. Nope.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6835 posts
2246 upvotes
Markham
Jimmydeals wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:23 pm
I'm on premium family and was hoping there would be a small discount for me. Nope.
Yes. Probably only for those with no active subscriptions.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
106 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:26 pm
Yes. Probably only for those with no active subscriptions.
Oh okay - I see what you meant now.
Thanks!

Also for those on the fence about trying this out - I was converted after trying this out last time.
I previously had Google Play trial and found that I didn't use it that much at all - the UI was kinda odd to navigate through and they didn't seem to have a lot of what I looked for (old rock/blues/jazz).
I also tried listening to some playlists but the songs didn't really catch my attention.

Spotify works way better (IMO) and the collection is impressive. I've also discovered a whole bunch of new stuff through their daily discovery or weekly release lists - they seem to find or have music that I like.

I'm on family premium with my brother so it makes it a little more economical as well.
Mar 29, 2012
976 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
been using spotify for around 5 months now, i never thought i would ever use one of this music apps, and i'm a huge hater of subscription fees, but the $10 i pay for it is totally worth it. because i love music.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1072 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
TurboTronix wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 12:19 pm
Use VPN, worked for me... ;)
That is hilarious! I wonder if dns services will open up for streaming between provinces offering different options!
Jun 1, 2015
41 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Already Premium member tho... just sign up a new account?
[OP]
Jul 30, 2017
45 posts
66 upvotes
Kanata
soucit wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:59 pm
Already Premium member tho... just sign up a new account?
I'd cancel your current one sign up a new one for $0.99, and come back to your main account after the 0.99 run out.
Nov 24, 2009
3 posts
Lethbridge, Alberta
Am I able to sign up and immediately cancel the auto-renewal of the subscription?

The problem with things like this is it's pretty much a gaurantee I'll forget in 3 months time and have to pay at least one month at 9.99.

I use spotify (free version) all the time, but the ads really aren't all that bad. I'd pay a buck to get rid of them but not 10/month.
Mar 17, 2017
34 posts
6 upvotes
Jimmydeals wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:23 pm
same here... guess no love from spotify for current users of course :(
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
106 upvotes
UrbanNomad1 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:05 pm
same here... guess no love from spotify for current users of course :(
That's not a big deal really - the intent of the promotion is to get people to try the service.
I took advantage of it last time so I'm okay with it. I still think the $7.50/mo is worth it.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2017
45 posts
66 upvotes
Kanata
dumass4u wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 3:50 pm
Am I able to sign up and immediately cancel the auto-renewal of the subscription?

The problem with things like this is it's pretty much a gaurantee I'll forget in 3 months time and have to pay at least one month at 9.99.

I use spotify (free version) all the time, but the ads really aren't all that bad. I'd pay a buck to get rid of them but not 10/month.
Yes you can, once they charged $0.99, you can cancel it right away.
Feb 22, 2009
302 posts
77 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone else keep getting stuck at "Enter a valid postal code"? I've tried combinations of spaces, capitilization, hyphen but doesn't seem to be accepting any actually valid postal codes?

Edit: Looks like because I set up my account at work, it likely picked up a US IP address and set my account to "US" (not modifiable). Will trash this account and make a new one from home. Thanks OP!
Jun 1, 2015
41 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yamaha0714 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 3:15 pm
I'd cancel your current one sign up a new one for $0.99, and come back to your main account after the 0.99 run out.
IC, thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)