Hot Deals

[spotify] Spotify Canada 3 months for 99 cents (Offer ends Dec 31 2017) No QC

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 9:02 pm
Dec 16, 2011
833 posts
603 upvotes
Pointe Claire
$+×% !!! Followed the link. Followed the advice from poster who said for Quebec residents just create a postal code from another province. Voila: Dinged $9.99 for one month of service. Cancelled it, but still charged 9.99 for one month service ending on Dec20. $%$# me!!!
Mar 20, 2006
357 posts
52 upvotes
sooperdice wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:01 pm
I think the paid quality is the same for both. And yes you can listen to albums on Google Play music.
On the Web site you mean (which is what I've been looking in) or an app? If you can provide an example link of an album that you can stream, that would be great, because I can only find the ones that you can buy.

For anyone interested, a U.S. link is now available, too:
https://www.spotify.com/us/intro
Mar 4, 2014
252 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Can you convert to a student account after? Also what verification do they use for student? Do I need to sign up with a uni/college email?
Sep 4, 2015
63 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Boomer23 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 7:07 pm
Can you convert to a student account after? Also what verification do they use for student? Do I need to sign up with a uni/college email?
Uni mail and have to upload a letter of enrollment or similar issued within the last three months to a third party website which sole business model is verifying if one qualifies for a certain promo demographic. Nope I'm not joking, it's ridiculous
Mar 4, 2014
252 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
MrScarface wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 8:35 pm
Uni mail and have to upload a letter of enrollment or similar issued within the last three months to a third party website which sole business model is verifying if one qualifies for a certain promo demographic. Nope I'm not joking, it's ridiculous
Lol...it’s like a police check! Haha
Dec 4, 2008
68 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
is it just me or they track you with the method of payment. I signup a new account, and when I went to pay with the credit card i used for the last 0.99c for 3months. It recognized me and gave me 9.99 for 3months.
Nov 29, 2016
36 posts
3 upvotes
Deezer .99 for 3 month! Best for me.. Listen always Flow! Try it!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1712 posts
151 upvotes
SquirreI wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:37 pm
been using spotify for around 5 months now, i never thought i would ever use one of this music apps, and i'm a huge hater of subscription fees, but the $10 i pay for it is totally worth it. because i love music.
Funny same for me, only got it for "free" because of Rogers Wireless, now it expired. I'm see myself listening to it more often now and I suddenly find it very annoying with all those commercials and cant choose songs in your list.

So I've been thinking of getting the Premium again.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2017
39 posts
64 upvotes
Kanata
hbjai wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 11:07 pm
is it just me or they track you with the method of payment. I signup a new account, and when I went to pay with the credit card i used for the last 0.99c for 3months. It recognized me and gave me 9.99 for 3months.
I'm pretty sure if you still have your CC on the main account under "Manage subscriptions and payment", they will just treat you as a veteran member.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2017
39 posts
64 upvotes
Kanata
BRAISKI wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:16 am
Funny same for me, only got it for "free" because of Rogers Wireless, now it expired. I'm see myself listening to it more often now and I suddenly find it very annoying with all those commercials and cant choose songs in your list.

So I've been thinking of getting the Premium again.
Same thing happened to me, I got it for free for 2 years with Fido pulse plan now I can't live without it.
Aug 1, 2014
132 posts
14 upvotes
Brampton, ON
dumass4u wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 3:50 pm
Am I able to sign up and immediately cancel the auto-renewal of the subscription?

The problem with things like this is it's pretty much a gaurantee I'll forget in 3 months time and have to pay at least one month at 9.99.

I use spotify (free version) all the time, but the ads really aren't all that bad. I'd pay a buck to get rid of them but not 10/month.
or you can set a reminder in your phone to remind you before your 3 months subscription ends :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5867 posts
1602 upvotes
Montreal
jakemtl wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 12:29 pm
If in QC use a postal code from another province. It works.
I did not see the 0.99 offer while in Quebec.
I had to use VPN with a Canada West server so it works, created a new account.

I did say a postal code outside Quebec and I paid with paypal.

I have a reminder to cancel in around 3 months.

I had Spotify for 2 years with Rogers, ended yesterday... good timing.
Dec 17, 2003
508 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
soucit wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:45 pm
IC, thanks
Would it let you cancel the subscription after three months on the app? or you need to call them?
Aug 31, 2006
897 posts
34 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:16 pm
For those with Premium before it'll give you 9.99/3 months instead.
Is there a particular link? It's only showing the regular price of 9.99 for each month, not 3.