Apr 29, 2015
124 posts
99 upvotes
Kanata, ON

Spotify Premium - 3 Month Free Trial

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Spotify
Spotify 's Premium music trial has now tripled from one to three months, starting Aug 22 - matching Apple Music’s standard three-month trial offer. The trial is free for 'new users' (no longer 99 cents)

“Beginning August 22, eligible users will receive the first three months on us for free when they sign up for Spotify Premium.”

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2019-08-22 ... y-premium/
65 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1053 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
off to create a new account again....
Dec 24, 2006
662 posts
35 upvotes
Do you need to provide credit card info? How do you go about creating a fake account?
Nov 6, 2009
864 posts
129 upvotes
From their term and conditions:
After the Free Trial Period, you will automatically be charged the then-current monthly price of the Spotify Premium Service and the payment method you provided will automatically be charged that amount unless you cancel prior to the end of the Free Trial Period.

Eligibility.
In order to receive this Premium 3 Month Trial Offer, users must satisfy the conditions listed at (A)-(C) below (each an “Eligible User”). You must:

(A) be new to the Spotify Premium Service. If you have subscribed to either the Spotify Premium Service or Unlimited service or have taken a trial or introductory offer previously, you are ineligible for this offer;
(B) provide Spotify with a valid and current payment method. Neither prepaid cards nor Spotify gift cards can be used as a valid payment method for this offer; and
(C) pay for your Spotify Premium Service subscription directly to Spotify and not through a third party (e.g., not through a cable or telecommunications provider).
Nov 1, 2018
113 posts
146 upvotes
Tip: If you make your playlists on your old account collaborative, and you create a new account you can edit them as long as you have the playlist URL, even if they're private.

Just helps if you want to take advantage.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9701 posts
4398 upvotes
dealsssss wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 5:10 pm
Do you need to provide credit card info? How do you go about creating a fake account?
This offer requires a credit card on file.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Feb 22, 2013
480 posts
252 upvotes
blazed16 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 5:49 pm
This offer requires a credit card on file.
Is this the limiting factor in creating consecutive free trial? Is there a card that allows you to create unlimited virtual card numbers?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1755 posts
1784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know how to easily migrate to these online music providers? I have Google Play Music/Youtube Music sub that I rarely use and now there's a 3m Spotify trial. Sooner or later, I probably do have to migrate out of local files. My entire library has been downloaded mp3/flac files, collected since ~2002.

Anyway to transition or import my current library smoothly without having to go to each artists' page one by one and add their discography?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10265 posts
1144 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m curious where it states 3 months free upon signing up? I only see that in the link the OP provided.

Once I get into the signup process there is no mention of this?

Is it now in terms and conditions?

Thanks
Nov 28, 2011
794 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 6:23 pm
I’m curious where it states 3 months free upon signing up? I only see that in the link the OP provided.

Once I get into the signup process there is no mention of this?

Is it now in terms and conditions?

Thanks
Once you sign up, you're on the Spotify free plan, not the trial just yet.

By clicking through to "account" once you're signed up, you are greeted by the trial page that mentions a 3-month period
Direct link once logged in is here: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/ ... nth-trial/
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10265 posts
1144 upvotes
Vancouver
Awww gotcha :) I think it was different before. You were greeted with a “free trial” banner of some sort.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1136 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for 3 months free trial on Family plan ... (if they really want to match Apple Music ...)
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Apr 5, 2009
551 posts
139 upvotes
Awesome. My last 3month trial is done in a week or two. Cheers!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)