Spotify Premium for Family now available in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 10:19 pm
Nov 26, 2003
835 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto

Spotify Premium for Family now available in Canada

Spotify Premium for Family is finally available in Canada and only for $14.99, you can share the premium account with up to 5 family members (6 users in total). Considering a single premium membership is $9.99, this is pretty good.

Premium features:
  • Unlimited skips
  • Listen offline
  • Play any track
  • No ads
  • High quality audio
  • Chromecast/GoogleCast Support

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/family/

Mod edit: Use this thread to discuss information regarding the deal. This is not the appropriate forum to ask for or offer invites. There is a pre-existing thread for that purpose. Please use the following thread to find people to join a plan with
family-spotify-group-buy-2043372/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 26th, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
193 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Finally. The deal they had with Rogers/Fido had to end for them to treat us LITERALLY like the rest of the planet who have had Family Spotify for a while. Good 'ol Rogers sticking it to people who aren't even their customers...only in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2224 posts
2147 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Would be great if Fido offers the 10% off on this like they have for the normal subscription.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I was expecting it too. Rogers agreement is probably over. Great news!
Aug 3, 2009
927 posts
372 upvotes
yay! now I need to decide: Apple Music or Spotify? Any difference?
May 14, 2013
734 posts
1386 upvotes
Does family need to be in the same household? Anyone have any experience sharing with family in different households?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2224 posts
2147 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
cyphr wrote: yay! now I need to decide: Apple Music or Spotify? Any difference?
I've tried Apple Music, google play music and Spotify.

Spotify hands down is the winner for me
Aug 12, 2015
50 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rob187 wrote:
cyphr wrote: yay! now I need to decide: Apple Music or Spotify? Any difference?
I've tried Apple Music, google play music and Spotify.

Spotify hands down is the winner for me
Why?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2224 posts
2147 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
The UI in google play music is confusing and disorganized. The content on Spotify is updated faster/more complete than Apple Music.

In Spotify it's easy to select all or some of your library for offline listening. Also the flexibility of playing between devices, multiple quality selection for audio.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2387 posts
17484 upvotes
rob187 wrote: The UI in google play music is confusing and disorganized. The content on Spotify is updated faster/more complete than Apple Music.
In Spotify it's easy to select all or some of your library for offline listening. Also the flexibility of playing between devices, multiple quality selection for audio.
Funny, because I've found the exact opposite - Google Play's interface was intuitive - easy to download playlists offline with 1 tap ("down" icon), and audio quality selection in settings, etc etc. I like the option to listen via a web interface, whereas Spotify you have to install their application locally. (Not great for at work)

To each their own though! :)
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
Leverage wrote:
rob187 wrote: The UI in google play music is confusing and disorganized. The content on Spotify is updated faster/more complete than Apple Music.
Funny, because I've found the exact opposite - Google Play's interface was intuitive - easy to download playlists offline with 1 tap ("down" icon), and audio quality selection in settings, etc etc. I like the option to listen via a web interface, whereas Spotify you have to install their application locally. (Not great for at work)

+1
Jul 21, 2005
283 posts
348 upvotes
"Can I add friends too?
This special discount is only for members of the same family, who must all live at the same address."

Does anyone know how intense they are with tracking IPs? With everyone having their own devices and SIM cards these days, it seems expected to have multiple IPs accessing the content.

Of course it's because I want to split this with people who do not live at my address...
May 7, 2010
811 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Does the family plan allow you to have different users so my wife isn't polluting my play history etc. like she does now?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MuaySteve wrote: Does the family plan allow you to have different users so my wife isn't polluting my play history etc. like she does now?
Each family member gets an individual account.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
Cas77 wrote: Finally. The deal they had with Rogers/Fido had to end for them to treat us LITERALLY like the rest of the planet who have had Family Spotify for a while. Good 'ol Rogers sticking it to people who aren't even their customers...only in Canada.
I know, I know, I know ........
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Cas77 wrote: Finally. The deal they had with Rogers/Fido had to end for them to treat us LITERALLY like the rest of the planet who have had Family Spotify for a while. Good 'ol Rogers sticking it to people who aren't even their customers...only in Canada.
As a Habs fan living west of Ottawa, this is spot on truth. To watch any Habs games during the week I have to buy centre ice . Being forced to pay for centre ice on Bell is a kick in the nards.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Leverage wrote:

This. You want a complete cluster **** of a terrible gui, try Groove. I HATE using groove but it is the only thing I can use on xbone to stream music whilst playing games.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Dec 5, 2002
326 posts
236 upvotes
Leverage wrote: I like the option to listen via a web interface, whereas Spotify you have to install their application locally. (Not great for at work)
What about https://play.spotify.com/ for web-based listening? (Also, works great with ABP for those without premium accounts.)
Nov 24, 2011
722 posts
412 upvotes
Ottawa
willdacanucker wrote:
Leverage wrote:

This. You want a complete cluster **** of a terrible gui, try Groove. I HATE using groove but it is the only thing I can use on xbone to stream music whilst playing games.
The Groove app for Android sat for 8 months without an update, it barely worked during that time.. barely. Bad show Microsoft.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)