• May 4th, 2009 5:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5647 posts
119 upvotes

Spring/Summer Sunglasses : Official Thread 2009

Hello, since it's spring/summer season, thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to sunglasses. I am looking for a new pair myself, so I think it'll benefit everyone on the same boat.

Here are the styles(not the exact model/brand) I've been seeing a lot lately, but of course, not for everyone...

Oakley Frogskinns / Ray-Ban Wafarers
[IMG]http://berroris.files.wordpress.com/200 ... ins-11.jpg[/IMG]

LV Evidence
[IMG]http://badcopnodonuts.com/wp-content/up ... idence.jpg[/IMG]

Ray-Ban RB4112
[IMG]http://www.otticagold.it/immagini/RB4112-60171-392.jpg[/IMG]

Ray-Ban RB3361
[IMG]http://www.oftalcare.com/tienda/images/ ... 006_71.jpg[/IMG]

I am leaning more towards the Frogskin/Aviator styles myself, but I think best idea would be visit the stores at malls to find out !
23 replies
Aug 5, 2005
542 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Despite my distaste for 80/90s sunglasses, I'd stick w/ the original Ray Ban to be trendy. *sigh* rPattz wore them last summer...
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
I hardly see any Evidence's around...but they're nice minus the price tag.
Jun 29, 2007
580 posts
39 upvotes
Anyone know where I can find a pair like these in the GTA? (i guess they're similar to the first pair that the OP posted)

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/343 ... 6a.jpg?v=0[/IMG]
I can't get a prescription on sunglasses that have that 'curve', so i'm lookin for sunglasses that are flat like this pair. :)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Not sure if it's appropriate to ask this question in this thread, but I'll try anyways. I'm looking for a pair of sunglasses. I was told by some people that a pair of black sunglasses doesn't "work" for Chinese people. Any comments on this? Is there a "suitable" colour for a Chinese dude?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1396 posts
141 upvotes
God.. Those are some awful looking glasses.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
2194 posts
15 upvotes
never saw the appeal on the frogskins.
i wouldn't say skip on aviators - they are classic.

i really want oakley why's 8.1/8.2 . can somebody suggest similar model ?
Jul 30, 2006
988 posts
41 upvotes
I'm really feelin' the persol 714:

Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
ive seen the first pair for op, but just like black color at h&m and urban outfitters.

Maybe check them out if ur downtown.

if not stores along queen street may carry them.

the lv ones look pretty cool with the added flash on the top strip, but they sure are expensive
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2045 posts
74 upvotes
I really like the Wayfarer. I was going to get them as my prescription glasses, but opted out as they were too big for my head. Even the 20mm lens looked big, and dats the smallest size.

I know the knockoffs come in smaller sizes, as i saw a replica at H&M and AE which were way smaller than the original Wayfarer.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1610 posts
4 upvotes
I just bought a pair of Wayfarers from the B/S/T section and they're great... sadly though I think i'm gonna have to sell them again cause they aren't big enough for me, I want some sunglasses that look bigger on you and mine don't.

edit:

Anyone know where I could get them adjusted for free?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5647 posts
119 upvotes
bump !

I am still having a hard time looking for a pair , need to try some of those Oakley Asian fits !
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
im using these this summer, just bought them about 2 months ago:

Ray Ban 3179, polarized lenses.[IMG]http://www.sunset365.com/images/Produit ... 004-82.jpg[/IMG]
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
^^ good stuff.

I've been trying to snag these Police Clooney glasses for awhile, but they seem like they might be an older model.

Speaking of which, what do people think of them? Been getting mixed reviews.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
RiCHC3 wrote: ^^ good stuff.

I've been trying to snag these Police Clooney glasses for awhile, but they seem like they might be an older model.

Speaking of which, what do people think of them? Been getting mixed reviews.
to be honest with you, eyeglasses/sunglasses is a matter of a personal taste and choice.

I suggest you check them out yourself instead of relying on reviews. It doesn't really help to be honest *based on personal experience working for a lense company*
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
DLFB wrote: to be honest with you, eyeglasses/sunglasses is a matter of a personal taste and choice.

I suggest you check them out yourself instead of relying on reviews. It doesn't really help to be honest *based on personal experience working for a lense company*
+1. glasses look very different on different people. it may look awesome on you but horrible on someone else.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2860 posts
272 upvotes
Tom Ford 108

worn by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)