• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 2:52 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
11048 posts
2269 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:50 am
Mine is a six zones though. If I DIY, it is going to take me a long time to blow clean all six.
I have 8 zones on 2 different sprinkler boxes (4 per box). Takes me perhaps 20 min to blow them all out. It's super easy.

Just connect hose, set compressor to 50 psi & turn on. Open valves one-by-one until water exits. Rinse & repeat.

A smartphone is way more complicated.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7472 posts
404 upvotes
I see. What brand and power compressor do you remember to buy ? Are those in Costco ok ?

When it was done by the company, these are the steps I noticed: they first shut down the water supply to the sprinkling system and then connected their giant commercial compressor hose into a garden hose size outlet from my sprinkling system. They then turned on my sprinkler system for a regular run. After that, I would see water being pushed out from the sprinkler heards zone by zone.
eonibm wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:07 pm
I have 8 zones on 2 different sprinkler boxes (4 per box). Takes me perhaps 20 min to blow them all out. It's super easy.

Just connect hose, set compressor to 50 psi & turn on. Open valves one-by-one until water exits. Rinse & repeat.

A smartphone is way more complicated.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
11048 posts
2269 upvotes
It was a cheap Porter compressor (see my post 11) which looks like a big red flattened ball. Yes you have to shut down the water supply to the sprinkler system.