Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec

SSD woes

I recently got myself the 60GB versions of the Corsair GT and Agility3. The Corsair seems fine, but the bootmgr did disappear about a day after win7 installation and I had to fix that with a boot disk. Before the Corsair bugged, the Agility started not showing in my computer. That's the now my main problem, the OCZ Agility3 drive disappears after I try to access files on it.

I had updated it to the latest firmware before first use. I did not update the Corsair as they recommended not to unless I had problems.

Bios was set to AHCI before the SSDs were connected.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Sounds like mine when I determined it was dying and did a RMA on it. Switch to a different SATA port, switch SATA cables and test it on another computer to see if it is the same.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
It seems stable after having changed sata mode from legacy to native (or the other way around lol).

Sata0 - system corsair
sata1 - gaming agility
sata3 - western black

My network adapter drivers did suffer occasionally since then, and I have had to restart/reinstall to fix that. Might be unrelated, or SSD might have corruption..

update: still stable after switching the sata mode, and the network card problem was fixed by changing usb ports..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)