Fashion & Apparel

Is "SSENSE.com" a legit website?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 9:58 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 18, 2017
2 posts
Do not buy designer handbags from Ssense.com, they sell fake designer bags.

I just received a Valentino Rockstud bag I bought from Ssense.com and the bag is not real leather. The bag cost $2000 and is pleather.
This is a rip off. It is a very good fake but obviously not worth that price and should be advertised as a replica. I live in the US and have purchased high end designer goods online from Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus without any problem. When I researched online that Ssense is a Canadian high end retailer I thought I could trust merchandise from their website but clearly I was mistaken. You have been warned.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SSense is overpriced.

$2k for a cotton Rick bomber jacket? Yeah, ok boss.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 9, 2011
169 posts
44 upvotes
Fashioneagle wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 10:04 am

I just received a Valentino Rockstud bag I bought from Ssense.com and the bag is not real leather. The bag cost $2000 and is pleather.
This is a rip off. It is a very good fake but obviously not worth that price and should be advertised as a replica. I live in the US and have purchased high end designer goods online from Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus without any problem. When I researched online that Ssense is a Canadian high end retailer I thought I could trust merchandise from their website but clearly I was mistaken. You have been warned.
Why don't you return it? They offer free return. Have you have the bag authenticated?

Can't comment on the authenticity since I don't own any Valentino bags but a lot of high-end brands have bags that are not made of leather. Louis Vuitton's sigantre monogram and damier lines are made of canvas, not real leather and they are still marked between $1000-3000 (though they are cheaper than the ones meade of real leather). Just because they are not made of leather doesn't mean they are fake, maybe that particular model is just not made of leather?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Fashioneagle wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 10:04 am

Ok, this ^ is probably made by a One Post Wonder. Is the content true? I dunno. I'm uber sceptical.
Jan 18, 2017
2 posts
Regarding the fake Valentino, bag I did my research prior to buying from Ssense, as we all should, as I wanted to purchase an authentic bag, which is a bit of a gamble online. The bag I purchased is supposed to be Vitello leather, a type of calfskin leather. I visited this site prior to making my purchase and took into account the comments in this forum in the decision to buy this bag from Ssense. I want yo share my experience so others contemplating similar purchases from this website have useful information. Nobody want to spend good money on inferior ptoducts. I can buy a fake designer bag anywhere a lot cheaper, if that was what I wanted. I always appreciate honest feedback about online retailers which help me make the best choices with my online purchases.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
^ "As an authorized retailer, SSENSE guarantees the authenticity of every product we stock. Certain items will also include the designer's own proof of authenticity."

Their returns are free within North America.

Did u have another Valentino rock stud bag to compare with the one u received from ssense.com?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1041 posts
270 upvotes
Fashioneagle wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:25 pm
Regarding the fake Valentino, bag I did my research prior to buying from Ssense, as we all should, as I wanted to purchase an authentic bag, which is a bit of a gamble online. The bag I purchased is supposed to be Vitello leather, a type of calfskin leather. I visited this site prior to making my purchase and took into account the comments in this forum in the decision to buy this bag from Ssense. I want yo share my experience so others contemplating similar purchases from this website have useful information. Nobody want to spend good money on inferior ptoducts. I can buy a fake designer bag anywhere a lot cheaper, if that was what I wanted. I always appreciate honest feedback about online retailers which help me make the best choices with my online purchases.
Return the bag, its as simple as that. I've bought stuff from them before and its all real. Someone might have pulled a return scam. Bought a real bag and returned the fake.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Legit. I've bought some stuff from them and shipping is fast. Had to call their customer service line and they were very helpful as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1081 posts
343 upvotes
Manitoba
What do their sales look like? Ever any good sales on Dr Martens?