Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 7:06 pm
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
Hi, I have read all the post in this forum. And I'd like to thank you all of you for sharing information.
I have a question that if I have given HOAE exam, from where can I collect my score? And what is the expected wait time to see your score?

Thank you very much.
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
nutella2017 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 1:57 pm
Hi, I have read all the post in this forum. And I'd like to thank you all of you for sharing information.
I have a question that if I have given HOAE exam, from where can I collect my score? And what is the expected wait time to see your score?

Thank you very much.
Hi! If I remember correctly, your HOAE results should show up on your ontariocolleges.ca account if you log in and then click on the tab that says 'Experience'. There it will have a section about your 'Test Information' and that is where my test results showed up. I took the test at St. Clair however, and also did not apply to any other schools that needed it, so I'm not positive if your results could show up on some college's account that they set up for you as an applicant if you applied elsewhere.

Also I think those scores should be posted fairly soon after you take the HOAE. Last year I got mine within a few days I think... some people had said that depending where you take it they could print out your results for you right after you finish!

Good luck! And anyone else just perusing this thread, if you're interested in applying for this program ... APPLY NOW! It's highly competitive so you must get your application in before Feb 1st to be considered!!
Nov 2, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
I've decided to go a different route, but thanks for all of your help! Good luck to all applicants! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Feb 3, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Hi everyone! I applied to this program for September 2017 and am really excited to hear my admissions decision and definitely not excited to wait until the end of march Face With Tears Of Joy. I'm currently at Fanshawe college in pre-health sciences and have a really high average but I'm still worried since there is a very limited number of seats! I don't really have any questions I just enjoyed reading this thread and learning more about this program (:
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
maddykne wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 9:01 pm
Hi everyone! I applied to this program for September 2017 and am really excited to hear my admissions decision and definitely not excited to wait until the end of march Face With Tears Of Joy. I'm currently at Fanshawe college in pre-health sciences and have a really high average but I'm still worried since there is a very limited number of seats! I don't really have any questions I just enjoyed reading this thread and learning more about this program (:
I actually didn't get my acceptance until May, so if you don't get in right away stay hopeful!
Feb 3, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Oh man I'm impatient enough as it is I can't imagine waiting until may Loudly Crying Face Fanshawe is already sending out acceptances to certain programs so I should hear some news from at least one school soon. How is the program? Do you like it?
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
maddykne wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 7:22 pm
Oh man I'm impatient enough as it is I can't imagine waiting until may Loudly Crying Face Fanshawe is already sending out acceptances to certain programs so I should hear some news from at least one school soon. How is the program? Do you like it?
Yeah I like it! Definitely challenging in some aspects but so rewarding. I'm both scared and excited for our first clinical placement coming up in May because as much as you learn in lab and lecture (which is a TON) there are some things that we don't really get to touch on, but something that may be seen a lot in certain clinics or hospitals. Oh and obviously we don't get to scan much pathology because we scan each other in class so I think it'll be a really good experience in clinical where our patients are actually patients!
Feb 3, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
I'm sure it'll be awesome! You'll get to actually do what what you want to! Did you have to take pre-health before you got in?
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
maddykne wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 5:42 pm
I'm sure it'll be awesome! You'll get to actually do what what you want to! Did you have to take pre-health before you got in?
nope. I have a BSc, but they used my high school marks in my application, and 50% of the application is weighed on the HOAE test you have to take. When I didn't get into the program right away I contemplated doing pre-health and then applying again the next year, but luckily I didn't have to.
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Hello, everyone. I am Sally, and have only applied to DMS at St. Clair. Wrote my hoae on Saturday, Feb 11. Got my results just today, and I am dying to know if I have done well enough to get in. I have no patience to wait until the end of march. Anyone here is willing to share their results to compare. I am posting mine below. they are not as high to guarantee me a seat; my spelling was bad. Wishing good luck to everyone.

VERBAL 16
ARITHMETIC 23
READING COMPREHENSION 31
SPELLING 36
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 62
NONVERBAL 23
INFORMATION IN THE NATURAL SCIENCE 55
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT INDEX 86
Feb 1, 2016
50 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Sally781 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 7:31 pm
Hello, everyone. I am Sally, and have only applied to DMS at St. Clair. Wrote my hoae on Saturday, Feb 11. Got my results just today, and I am dying to know if I have done well enough to get in. I have no patience to wait until the end of march. Anyone here is willing to share their results to compare. I am posting mine below. they are not as high to guarantee me a seat; my spelling was bad. Wishing good luck to everyone.

VERBAL 16
ARITHMETIC 23
READING COMPREHENSION 31
SPELLING 36
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 62
NONVERBAL 23
INFORMATION IN THE NATURAL SCIENCE 55
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT INDEX 86
Your scores look really good! if you have all A's in the pre-reqs you have a good chance if you're put on the wait list top 20 you have a good chance of getting in and if you're top 10 you'll most likely get into the program. Don't worry my spelling wasn't good either and I still got in I think spelling was the worst for me!

Good luck and be sure to post if you get an acceptance :)
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Ivgotsunshine51, thanks for the reply. I do have all A's. honestly it would be awesome to get in right away. Otherwise, I'll count every second until May comesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
And, I'll definitely post if I get an offer. Would probably want to join the Facebook group as well.
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Sally781,
I have applied for DMS at St. Clair, Cambrian and Michener. My HOAE score is OK, I guess. I wrote on Jan 27. I predict my percentile total will be around 87%. (I used PR range of this forum)
Here is my score.
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT INDEX 79
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 63
ARITHMETIC 18
NONVERBAL 22
VERBAL 23
READING COMPREHENSION 27
INFORMATION IN THE NATURAL SCIENCE 51
SPELLING 35
Feb 1, 2016
50 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
They usually don't send out acceptances for this program until the end of March incase you're wondering why it's taking so long to get an answer. Call around the 31st for sure to see if you haven't heard anything.

Goodluck hope you both get in :)
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Hi nutella2017,
Thanks for sharing your results. Hope you get into your preferred school.
St. Clair college said that they score the Reading part the heaviest of all. I wonder if the same applies to other colleges as well.