Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 7:06 pm
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
I have noticed from the past statistics in this forum that they send offers usually somewhere between March 19 and 27. When I said right away, I meant with the first round of offers sent out:))
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
As far as I know, HOAE is required only for St Clair. Cambrian evaluated based on high school grades only and Michener is based on cumulative of GPA and MMI performance.

St. Clair will start sending acceptance around March 25 or so.
Feb 20, 2017
2 posts
Hey guys,

To everyone that has written the HOAE could you give some tips? I have a study book, but probably will only but studying the week before as I'm in university - kinda freaking out because I don't really remember much from high school bio and chem. Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
emkin23 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:59 pm
Hey guys,

To everyone that has written the HOAE could you give some tips? I have a study book, but probably will only but studying the week before as I'm in university - kinda freaking out because I don't really remember much from high school bio and chem. Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!
click here to a website that has a few sample questions for each section of the test. There's also answers to them posted on that site. I found them to be pretty similar to some of the questions I remember. Hope this helps a bit.
Apr 2, 2008
58 posts
3 upvotes
London
Hello All,

I applied to St. Clair and Cambrian for ultrasound. I am just finishing up grade 12. I am currently a short way up on the waitlist for Cambrian. If you e-mail them they will tell you the number. I just finished writing the HOAE for St. Clair and not sure where and when I'll see the results. If you know where I can access them please let me know. Unfortunately St. Clair will average all my marks for grade 11 and 12 along with the HOAE. A few of my grade 11 marks were a little on the lower side. Wish I knew earlier that they may impact my acceptance into post secondary education. From previous years it looks like St. Clair will start sending out acceptance letters around March 20th. Good luck to all.
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Hi, you will find the results on your Ocas profile, under experience, within 2-4 days. I wrote mine on Saturday, and the results were up on Tuesday afternoon. You will only see how many you've got right. And they weigh the reading part the heaviest. Good luck!!!
Sep 21, 2016
58 posts
9 upvotes
I wrote mine today morning and the result appeared in the evening !!

Here is my results:

NONVERBAL 21
READING COMPREHENSION 29
INFORMATION IN THE NATURAL SCIENCE 42
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT INDEX 74
SPELLING 38
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 55
VERBAL 12
Feb 1, 2016
51 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
St. Clairs open house is March 25th i'm hoping they would send out acceptances/waitlist spots before then so people know wether to attend the open house or not.

I would call Leslie at the reg office after the 20th to see because sometimes they tell you if you got accepted or your spot on the waitlist before it is put on OCAS.

If you are around top 15 on the wait list i'd come to the open house for sure because you're most likely getting in.

Good luck :)
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Abou85 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 9:16 pm
I wrote mine today morning and the result appeared in the evening !!

Here is my results:

NONVERBAL 21
READING COMPREHENSION 29
INFORMATION IN THE NATURAL SCIENCE 42
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT INDEX 74
SPELLING 38
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 55
VERBAL 12
Thanks for sharing. Hope u get in.
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know when I should expect my HOAE PR update on OCAS?
I know that the deadline for HOAE is March 5.
Thank you.
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
nutella2017 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:44 am
Does anyone know when I should expect my HOAE PR update on OCAS?
I know that the deadline for HOAE is March 5.
Thank you.
Lesli at St, Clair said we'd only see the raw scores on ocas. Have u heard otherwise?
Feb 26, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
Sally781 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 2:49 pm
Lesli at St, Clair said we'd only see the raw scores on ocas. Have u heard otherwise?
If you wrote it at St. Clair or only for St. Clair I believe they don't give percentile scores. I never got mine last year.
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
One of my friends appeared for HOAE for MLT application, and she got her PR. Besides, I read some old posts stating PR for their scores in this thread. So, I thought I would be receiving it for my HOAE once the deadline has passed.

I wrote HOAE only for St. Clair. I think I will have to wait until March 21 or so to see the acceptance results then.

Thank you everyone for your input.
Feb 1, 2016
51 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
nutella2017 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 4:07 pm
One of my friends appeared for HOAE for MLT application, and she got her PR. Besides, I read some old posts stating PR for their scores in this thread. So, I thought I would be receiving it for my HOAE once the deadline has passed.

I wrote HOAE only for St. Clair. I think I will have to wait until March 21 or so to see the acceptance results then.

Thank you everyone for your input.
Fingers crossed for you!