St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 7:06 pm
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
xMisiu wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:45 pm
Currently waitlisted in the #9 position. I was waitlisted last year and was put in spot #30 and wasn't accepted, so fingers crossed that I get in this year~

If not, I did get accepted into Medical Radiation Technology at Fanshawe, so there's always a backup plan. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

For those that have gotten their acceptance, are the offers conditional? I'm currently in Pre-Health, so I'm not sure if there's a certain GPA that I have to maintain just in case.
Congrats on getting into Fanshawe. Hope u get into dms as well and make the choice u want.
My acceptance is not conditional. For dms program, your college or university GPA doesn't matter. Only high school grades for required courses are considered. It's best if u have A's.
Feb 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
nutella2017 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 1:05 pm
Do you have any information to share about the program?
I went too. Saw 3 of the instructors and a few first year students. Asked the students about the clinical placements; they said they were lucky this year since pretty much everyone got the spot they wanted. It just worked out that way. The two I talked to were from Toronto and got there placements there.
I asked about how hard the program was( I was mainly worried about the second semester with 6 courses); they said once you get the hang of it in the 1st semester the rest is not that hard. They all are enjoying the program.
I asked the instructors about the credentialing exams; about which one of the three we'd be eligible to write. They said we could write the Generalist exam towards the end of the program or after graduating. For Cardiac and Vascular exams however, we'd need to work with a mentor, gain experience(certain # of scans), and take some online courses before writing the exams.
Mar 23, 2016
15 posts
6 upvotes
Ivgotsunshine51 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 9:59 am
Almost May 1st for those of you on the wait list! goodluck!
I second this, good luck to everyone!

Out of curiousity, has anyone heard back yet or do we have to wait until the second week of May as instructed to find out? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Mar 23, 2016
15 posts
6 upvotes
Looks like the list only moved 2 spots. Disappointed Face

Congrats to those that got accepted.
Sep 21, 2016
58 posts
9 upvotes
xMisiu wrote:
May 12th, 2017 8:41 am
Looks like the list only moved 2 spots. Disappointed Face

Congrats to those that got accepted.
Have you sent an email to them in May ?
Mar 23, 2016
15 posts
6 upvotes
Abou85 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:20 am
Have you sent an email to them in May ?
What do you mean?
I heard back from them today, she said the waitlist was rescored and that two offers were sent out. Along with that, the next opportunity to move up the list is after June 15th if the students don't pay their deposit. Seems a lot of people accepted this year, whereas the waitlist moved up a fair amount last year. Was hoping for it to repeat~ Winking Face
Feb 1, 2016
51 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Don't worry the list moves even during the summer so you still have a chance.
Jun 6, 2017
1 posts
Did you get into the program? What were your marks? Are you finished the program? Did you get a job from it?
Mar 23, 2016
15 posts
6 upvotes
Ivgotsunshine51 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 9:58 am
Just checking inn did anyone else get into the program today :) ?
Nope, not on my end, at least. Wouldn't it move up tomorrow when people who haven't paid their deposits lose their spot?
Feb 1, 2016
51 posts
18 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Yeah I think so lol there are always people who don't pay. I'll check back tomorrow :)