Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

Feb 28, 2020
17 posts
6 upvotes
hey everyone!

i’ve made a facebook group for our class! send me a message if you want to join :)
Mar 20, 2018
7 posts
7 upvotes
daybreak wrote: I am looking for graduates or people who know about friends that graduated from this program to answer some of the following questions.

1) Does the quality of the program fully prepare aspiring ultrasonographers to be job-ready?
2) What are some tips to smoothly and quickly transition from school and getting a full time job?
3) How early can one attempt the Generalist Exam?
Hey Class of 2023... congrats on getting in!!! I graduated a few years ago and would be happy to help answer any questions.
Also I have some scrubs available if anyone wants to buy them off me, and I have some text books as well that I'm looking to sell.
I loved being a mentor to new students (especially any parents since I had kids while doing the program) so if I can help, let me know!
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
2 upvotes
Hi everyone!
I’m super interested in DMS and I’m just writing to ask a few questions about admissions. I am planning to take Pre-Health this year at the college near my area, but I’ve heard it’s easier to get into health programs at the school you’ve taken Pre-Health at. I’m debating on applying to St. Clair’s Pre-Health instead since it’s still open, but I live so far away and I could only do it if it’s all online. Long story short, are there many successful applicants that took Pre-Health at other colleges than St. Clair? If so, would you mind sharing your grades?

Thank you :)
Feb 28, 2020
17 posts
6 upvotes
djehxo wrote: Hi everyone!
I’m super interested in DMS and I’m just writing to ask a few questions about admissions. I am planning to take Pre-Health this year at the college near my area, but I’ve heard it’s easier to get into health programs at the school you’ve taken Pre-Health at. I’m debating on applying to St. Clair’s Pre-Health instead since it’s still open, but I live so far away and I could only do it if it’s all online. Long story short, are there many successful applicants that took Pre-Health at other colleges than St. Clair? If so, would you mind sharing your grades?

Thank you :)
i took pre-health at a different college than st. clair. my averages were 95 first semester/96 second semester. i think it’s better for you to take the pre-health course you’d be more comfortable with/able to do better at than to just try to take st. clair’s for the sake of it being st. clair!
May 11, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know if it's possible to apply for the Sonography program with only your first semester marks on pre-health sciences? I'm doing my pre-health sciences course this September 2021 and want to apply for the Fall 2022 St Clair Cohort but won't be completed the second semester until Spring 2022.
Mar 19, 2021
3 posts
3 upvotes
I recently accepted an offer to another school which would revoke my St Clair offer. All the best to my fellow aspiring sonographers moving up the waitlist!
Mar 1, 2021
9 posts
7 upvotes
Hello everyone
I just got offer today and accepted it right away. I was #7 on wait list and this was my first year trying to get in for this program at St. Clair. I am super excited and waiting to see you all soon.
Stay safe!!
Mar 1, 2021
9 posts
7 upvotes
doubledeee85 wrote: Hey Class of 2023... congrats on getting in!!! I graduated a few years ago and would be happy to help answer any questions.
Also I have some scrubs available if anyone wants to buy them off me, and I have some text books as well that I'm looking to sell.
I loved being a mentor to new students (especially any parents since I had kids while doing the program) so if I can help, let me know!
Hi

Thanks for your kind gesture. Just got accepted today off the wait list. I am new mom of 8 months old. How was the program with kids?
I have super supportive husband and parents living with me, and I believe I can manage but just gets scary sometimes as I have hyperactive baby who needs more than 1 person 🤣. Is it manageable based on your experience and how many hours of study it requires outside the classes?
Mar 20, 2018
7 posts
7 upvotes
hey! I'll send you a message :)
AmbitiousMom wrote: Hi

Thanks for your kind gesture. Just got accepted today off the wait list. I am new mom of 8 months old. How was the program with kids?
I have super supportive husband and parents living with me, and I believe I can manage but just gets scary sometimes as I have hyperactive baby who needs more than 1 person 🤣. Is it manageable based on your experience and how many hours of study it requires outside the classes?
Sep 23, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi Everyone.

I am hoping to get some insight into the admissions process for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at St. Clair. I have a Bachelors of Health Science from Western, but none of the courses I took would count towards the average, so they would be looking at my high school grades, which aren't high enough. I emailed Lesli and she said the average for the past 2 years was around 92%, so I should aim for that. Would I be better off just upgrading my high school grades to obtain the 92% average needed, or should I go and do a Pre-Health Certificate at either St.Clair or Fanshawe? I would have to start the Pre-Health certificate in either January 2022 or September 2022 since the Fall 2021 semester has already started. She recommended a website if I needed to upgrade my high school grades, but I'm wondering if it is even worth my time. A lot of posts in this thread have mentioned that virtually no students get into this program straight out of high school, and I'm wondering if that would be true for me too, even though I do technically have a degree already.

Any advice is much appreciated! :)
Mar 20, 2018
7 posts
7 upvotes
ClareB wrote: Hi Everyone.

I am hoping to get some insight into the admissions process for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at St. Clair. I have a Bachelors of Health Science from Western, but none of the courses I took would count towards the average, so they would be looking at my high school grades, which aren't high enough. I emailed Lesli and she said the average for the past 2 years was around 92%, so I should aim for that. Would I be better off just upgrading my high school grades to obtain the 92% average needed, or should I go and do a Pre-Health Certificate at either St.Clair or Fanshawe? I would have to start the Pre-Health certificate in either January 2022 or September 2022 since the Fall 2021 semester has already started. She recommended a website if I needed to upgrade my high school grades, but I'm wondering if it is even worth my time. A lot of posts in this thread have mentioned that virtually no students get into this program straight out of high school, and I'm wondering if that would be true for me too, even though I do technically have a degree already.

Any advice is much appreciated! :)
Hey there!
I had a university degree as well when I applied, and still used my high school marks. I did upgrade a couple of them as well with the online program.
In my opinion, it's probably way cheaper to do the online one (as long as your good at self teaching), and then you can do the courses on your own time and even work while you do them.
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
2 upvotes
Hi everyone! I realize this is an old thread, but I have applied for DMS for Fall 2022. I wrote the HOAE a week ago but still impatiently waiting for results! They will come up on ocas right?
Feb 22, 2022
2 posts
djehxo wrote: Hi everyone! I realize this is an old thread, but I have applied for DMS for Fall 2022. I wrote the HOAE a week ago but still impatiently waiting for results! They will come up on ocas right?
Hello ! i applied for Fall 2022 too. Jus done the HOAE test today .
So nervous. it is harder than i think. How long can you check the score ? My friend did 2 weeks ago ( Feb 5)and she have not got the score yet.
Feb 22, 2022
2 posts
djehxo wrote: Hi everyone! I realize this is an old thread, but I have applied for DMS for Fall 2022. I wrote the HOAE a week ago but still impatiently waiting for results! They will come up on ocas right?
How long did you receive the result ? i just done the test today Feb 23. My friend done it Feb 05 and still havenot got the result yet. Thank you
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
2 upvotes
Hey there! Did you get accepted for this Fall? I got in and I'm moving to residence :)
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
2 upvotes
rubynguyen2910 wrote: How long did you receive the result ? i just done the test today Feb 23. My friend done it Feb 05 and still havenot got the result yet. Thank you
Hey! Did you happen to get accepted? I am starting this fall and moving to residence :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)