Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

Apr 22, 2017
7 posts
leafers wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 10:25 pm
2 years ago I applied for DMS, and was waitlisted. I was panicking about not getting in, and thinking I needed better grades or whatever so I applied to the Pre-Health program at St. Clair as they were still taking applications. I got an offer into that, and accepted it, not knowing if I would get into DMS off of the waitlist. I luckily was offered a spot in DMS, and accepted the offer when Lesli emailed me with it. I also asked her if I had to do anything manually on OCAS like delete my other offer/acceptance, but she relied that they'd taken care of everything. And here I am today... 2 years later, graduating at the end of this year :)

In summary, accepting one offer does not take you off of the waitlist.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
Apr 22, 2017
7 posts
xMisiu wrote:
Apr 7th, 2018 3:59 pm
I was in the same situation as your friend last year. I was waitlisted (#11 I believe) for DMS and didn't think I'd get in, so I accepted another offer for Med Rad before May 1st. I even had to pay my deposit for that program (it was in Fanshawe, so couldn't transfer it), but then towards the end of June I got an email back with an acceptance offer for DMS. With her being in the #1 spot, she'll definitely get an offer, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup. It shouldn't cancel the other offers, at least, it didn't for me and even Lesli is suggesting it.
Thank you so much..
May 1, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Did anyone hear back/get taken off the waitlist yet? I'm in spot 29 and praying even though I know chances are slim.
Mar 14, 2018
12 posts
7 upvotes
I am looking for a roommate in residence next year, preferably someone in DMS but I think it'd be great to live with someone from any of the health science programs for the similar experiences. PM me if interested!
Apr 2, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
admiss wrote:
May 4th, 2018 9:37 am
I am looking for a roommate in residence next year, preferably someone in DMS but I think it'd be great to live with someone from any of the health science programs for the similar experiences. PM me if interested!
I will be in residence next year and studying Medical Lab Science. I am just hoping an arrangement that allows for a quiet and peaceful environment w/ minimal distractions for studying. Both of our programs will require a lot of work outside of class.
Last edited by becca6778 on May 4th, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 1, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
I haven't heard of any movement yet. Waiting for a response from Lesli as she advised I email her in the first week of May. I'm sure they're super busy though, so I'm not expecting a quick response.
Apr 2, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
Kristend7 wrote:
May 4th, 2018 10:15 am
I haven't heard of any movement yet. Waiting for a response from Lesli as she advised I email her in the first week of May. I'm sure they're super busy though, so I'm not expecting a quick response.
I hope that you hear something today or at least by early next week! You are in an excellent position!:)
Feb 27, 2018
45 posts
26 upvotes
i know leslie is probably busy but still im so impatient i cant help it XD the first week of may is almost done and if i dont hear back in the next two days im going to get very fat from the stress of suspense :P
Mar 26, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone coming to Windsor next year, I am looking for a roommate (or 2) to live off-campus with :) Would love to live with someone in DMS or MLS and have a nice quiet place to studying and relax after long days! Please message me if you want to chat! :)
Feb 27, 2018
45 posts
26 upvotes
Tomorrow we should hear of any updates to the waitlist.
Mar 1, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Hey all!

Update us all here if you get any news today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Mar 1, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Leslie advised that there were 3 people given offers. I feel that must be an all time low haha!

Still waiting for me...
Apr 2, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
Kristend7 wrote:
May 11th, 2018 5:00 pm
Leslie advised that there were 3 people given offers. I feel that must be an all time low haha!

Still waiting for me...
You'll get a spot, Kristen! I cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling right now, but please do NOT lose hope!:)