Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

Mar 1, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Hey everyone!

I've been so busy I haven't updated you all but I found out on May 22nd that there was one spot left after the first three waitlist offers went out - so I got my acceptance!!!!

I also created a Facebook group for our class as I noticed that there wasn't one made yet and I thought it would be great for us to get slightly familiar with each other before we meet in the Fall! :)

Here is the link to the group for the St. Clair Diagnostic Medical Sonography class of 2020: https://www.facebook.com/groups/186527798844445/
Jan 8, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,

Anyone received confirmation of the tuition deposit letter of St. Clair yet? I deposited mine on 3rd June but have not received any confirmation letter.
Thank you...
Nov 8, 2018
3 posts
Hello, I am a DMs applicant for 2019,
Can I ask u something about the admission if u don’t mind? I was going to send DM but I wasn’t able to find out how to use it..
Mar 20, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
Erin1090 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 12:50 am
Hello, I am a DMs applicant for 2019,
Can I ask u something about the admission if u don’t mind? I was going to send DM but I wasn’t able to find out how to use it..
Who are you wanting to ask? I just finished the program if you have any questions :)
Nov 8, 2018
3 posts
Thank u for the reply :)

I’m studying for HOAE test with a study guide (I bought one of them in amazon) but I found some difficult regarding vocabulary and spelling part cuz it is kind of too broad to study, so I don’t know how to approach it.
Are those vocabularies about health-field vocabulary or is it just random...?
I just started to study for the test and I am so worried about how much score I could get it to get into.
I almost looked through all threads and it seems like most applicants had very decent marks on HOAE and also highschool marks. Normally how much averages do people who get accepted have...?
Also, do they also consider grade 11marks ?.
I wanna hear any of some information 🙏🏽
Jan 17, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi all,

I am interested in the DMS program at St.Clair or Cambrian College, however my grades in high school are not good enough. I was thinking about taking pre-health at a local college to get my grades up however would it be better to take pre -health or do the ACE program? Is one better at increasing my chances of getting into the program?
Apr 2, 2018
25 posts
5 upvotes
Erin1090 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 6:31 pm
Thank u for the reply :)

I’m studying for HOAE test with a study guide (I bought one of them in amazon) but I found some difficult regarding vocabulary and spelling part cuz it is kind of too broad to study, so I don’t know how to approach it.
Are those vocabularies about health-field vocabulary or is it just random...?
I just started to study for the test and I am so worried about how much score I could get it to get into.
I almost looked through all threads and it seems like most applicants had very decent marks on HOAE and also highschool marks. Normally how much averages do people who get accepted have...?
Also, do they also consider grade 11marks ?.
I wanna hear any of some information 🙏🏽
I wrote the HOAE last year and was accepted into my program at St. Clair. For the academic aptitude section, note that nonverbal (shapes), verbal (e.g. which word does/doesn't belong) and math questions are mixed up (unlike what is shown in the study guides), so take note of that for your timing. Be good at mental math. For the spelling section, definitely be familiar with the more difficult to spell medical terms (e.g. tourniquet, stethoscope, endoscopy). I missed that myself (though I did well), but I also googled 'words that are easily misspelled', for e.g., and made a note of understand those words... but definitely focus more on the medical terms. The science section is extremely broad, so I wouldn't even bother studying that... My average (a mix of university and high school credits, as I already had a degree) was 90.4%.

These are the admission guidelines for sonography - http://www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/p ... ELINES.pdf
Nov 8, 2018
3 posts
Thank you for the information!! hopefully I could do it well at once...Also, I'm wondering if the last part of the test "Vocational adjustment Index" is really not a part of the test?
People say time management is really important for this test.. Another curiosity, If I could finish one section early, the additional time could be assigned to the next section?
It is my first time to write it haha..
Apr 2, 2018
25 posts
5 upvotes
Erin1090 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 1:50 pm
Thank you for the information!! hopefully I could do it well at once...Also, I'm wondering if the last part of the test "Vocational adjustment Index" is really not a part of the test?
People say time management is really important for this test.. Another curiosity, If I could finish one section early, the additional time could be assigned to the next section?
It is my first time to write it haha..
My pleasure.:) The VAI is a part of the test, but it’s 90 questions in 15 minutes. You just have to go as efficiently as you can and don’t second guess your choices (if there’s time, you can go back and review, but don’t leave any Q unanswered the first run through).

Time management is crucial.:/ Each section is allotted a specific amount of time, so it doesn’t matter if you finish a section early, the timer will reset for the next section.

Good luck!:) When do you write?
Feb 19, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes
Hello Everyone!
I have applied to the DMS program at St. Clair college and recently wrote the HOAE, I was wondering if other applicants or people who are currently in the program could post their HOAE marks? I’m so stressed about getting in! Here are mine:
VERBAL 19
ARITHMETIC 20
READING COMPREHENSION 29
SPELLING 39
ACADEMIC APTITUDE 63
NONVERBAL 24
NATURAL SCIENCE 47
VOCATIONAL ADJUSTMENT 79
I have no idea how to interpret these marks, I have straight A’s in the pre requisites... Any info is appreciated!
Mar 1, 2019
3 posts
I am currently a UofT student and thinking about applying next year? When considering my grades, do they look at both highschool and university classes and take the highest from either or? Or do they strictly look at one or the other.
Feb 19, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes
ClarissaJ90014 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 12:10 am
I am currently a UofT student and thinking about applying next year? When considering my grades, do they look at both highschool and university classes and take the highest from either or? Or do they strictly look at one or the other.
They will take your high school grade 12 math and English courses, for physics, chemistry, and biology they take the highest senior level mark. So if you took bio chemistry or physics at UofT and got a better mark than you did in high school they will use those. However, all of these marks only count for 50% of their decision to accept you, the other 50% comes from your marks on the HOAE test. I have applied this year and still waiting to hear back, wish me luck!
Mar 7, 2019
2 posts
How long does it take to get your results after writing the test? Where do you find your results? Thanks, good luck everyone!!!
Apr 2, 2018
25 posts
5 upvotes
MatthewR65293 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 2:17 pm
How long does it take to get your results after writing the test? Where do you find your results? Thanks, good luck everyone!!!
Should be within a few days after you wrote... The results will be on OCAS, "My Profile" => "Experience"
Feb 19, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone else here get accepted to Sonography at St. Clair College?!! Trying to meet some new class mates!