Students

St. Lawrence - Med Lab Science

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2017 7:05 pm
Oct 21, 2014
58 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey Lutzmia. I hope the first semester went well for you. How many courses do you have at St Lawrence in Semester 2? I've got 9 courses here at Cambrian college. i was given a transfer credit for the Gen Ed, so 8 in total for me.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15981 posts
368 upvotes
If you want a degree, check out UOIT. The professors there are highly amazing and organized. It's only about an hour drive from Toronto too.
Oct 27, 2015
7 posts
Scarborough, ON
Hi Friends, hope you all doing good. I came to Cambrian for MLT Program. After coming here, I am regretting for my decision, bit of caution for any one who wish to apply to this school for MLT program please think twice or thrice before coming here. DM me if any one wish to know more about the issues here. A lot is going behind the screen, :(
Feb 1, 2017
3 posts
miilktea wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2015 3:41 am
Hello! I've also been accepted but I'm hoping to hear from Michener. :)

Can anyone give some insight on what the placements are like and is everyone guaranteed one?
How is the course load relative to a university course load / difficulty?
For those with a bachelor degree already, does a lot of the material overlap?
Thanks!
Hi I applied to St. Lawrence and hoping to get accepted to the program. I'm concerned since my marks weren't crazy good. What was your average?
Mar 6, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
dw10722 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 2:57 pm
Hi I applied to St. Lawrence and hoping to get accepted to the program. I'm concerned since my marks weren't crazy good. What was your average?
I got accepted today with 90% flat.
Dec 1, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Congrats HakimLid!
I also got accepted (with a 87.5%), maybe I'll see you in September :P
Feb 1, 2017
3 posts
Congrats! Do u already have an undergrad? Or are you attending St. Lawrence straight from high school?
Apr 11, 2016
70 posts
10 upvotes
I got in as well, but I'm hoping to get into Michener. My average is 90%. I have a degree and have been doing some lab work this year.
Mar 6, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
xJenna wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 5:29 pm
Congrats HakimLid!
I also got accepted (with a 87.5%), maybe I'll see you in September :P
Thanks Jenna, and congrats to you too. We'll probably see each other; I plan on sticking with St. Lawrence. What about you?
Mar 6, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
dw10722 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 5:47 pm
Congrats! Do u already have an undergrad? Or are you attending St. Lawrence straight from high school?
I have an undergrad but I don't think that matters at all tbh.
Dec 1, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Thanks :) I've already accepted the admission offer, so I'm for sure going!

I agree with the undergrad not mattering for admissions, I remember I e-mailed the college a few years ago and they stated that they only look at the marks for the pre-requisites.
Feb 26, 2015
13 posts
4 upvotes
Guelph, ON
As a current 2nd year in the program, congratulations to those who got accepted! You'll have a great time, and as long as you keep up with the material you'll do well :)
Feb 1, 2017
3 posts
BrianVdmey wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:48 pm
As a current 2nd year in the program, congratulations to those who got accepted! You'll have a great time, and as long as you keep up with the material you'll do well :)
Hi! What advice can you give for 1st year? How hard was it? Also, what do you think of the instructors? :)
Mar 3, 2017
3 posts
Hey everyone, I'm also planning on sticking with St. Lawrence and have an undergrad degree as well.

I've been thinking about living off-campus, but finding 8 month lease at a reasonable price with a good location has not been easy .. or maybe it's not an ideal time to find one yet.
I see a lot of 12 month lease. Hopefully more posts come up in May or June.
If anyone is looking for a roommate, let me know!