Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

St-Viateur Bagel: 4 Dozen $26.25, 6 Dozen $37.50 (Online orders only)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2014 9:07 pm
Tags:
None
23 replies
Oct 26, 2006
317 posts
17 upvotes
$16 ...agree...no thanks....that is the cost be 2 more dozen
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
flaming homer wrote: $16 shipping for 4 dozen to GTA, no thanks
Plus, you know, they won't be fresh.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
$16 aint much when you consider these are arguably Montreal's best bagels, and last time I checked Montreal was still the number one city for bagels.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Feb 11, 2011
43 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary
Yikes.. $34 to ship 4 dozen bagels to Calgary? As much as I love bagels I really can't justify this one.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Don DiGuapo wrote: $16 aint much when you consider these are arguably Montreal's best bagels, and last time I checked Montreal was still the number one city for bagels.
Oh boy, New Yorkers would FLIP lol
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
flaming homer wrote: $16 shipping for 4 dozen to GTA, no thanks
:o It seems I forgot about that part, and I think the reason is that the last time I ordered from these guys (from another RFD thread), it was $22 + free shipping for 4 dozen.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1220 posts
82 upvotes
I would have bought if they were mix and match. They want you to buy a box of each. MTL bagels are goooood!!!!
Jan 1, 2008
575 posts
229 upvotes
Brossard
Damn, it's 16$ to ship them across the river from MTL to the suburbs... Not that I would actually do that.. I'd rather get them fresh, but I was curious about the shipping price...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2065 upvotes
If anyone in Ottawa has had these and Kettlemen's, would you consider these worth the extra money, time, and fact that who can eat that many without freezing?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Russell wrote: Oh boy, New Yorkers would FLIP lol
Use your head, obviously I meant in Canada. :facepalm:
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Dec 25, 2012
10 posts
VANCOUVER
$76 shipped to Vancouver. anybody up for a group order?! :D
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
uklamen wrote: If anyone in Ottawa has had these and Kettlemen's, would you consider these worth the extra money, time, and fact that who can eat that many without freezing?
I personally don't travel to Montreal anymore, Ottawa has many alternatives and some better

http://thebagelrun.com/
http://www.ottawabagelshop.com/
http://www.kettlemansbagels.ca/

I prefer bagel run the most
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3951 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7943 upvotes
Don DiGuapo wrote: Use your head, obviously I meant in Canada. :facepalm:
You didn't specify. Could've been talking about Quebec for all we know.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3770 posts
474 upvotes
shadow_cruiser wrote: I personally don't travel to Montreal anymore, Ottawa has many alternatives and some better

http://thebagelrun.com/
http://www.ottawabagelshop.com/
http://www.kettlemansbagels.ca/

I prefer bagel run the most
Yeah ok whatever, I suppose you think you can find better poutine, and better Smoke meat than Shwartz's in Ottawa too.

With all our provincial issues, you can give us our bagels for heaven's sake, what you said was sacrilege.
Mar 29, 2007
525 posts
74 upvotes
-
Rockstead wrote: Yeah ok whatever, I suppose you think you can find better poutine, and better Smoke meat than Shwartz's in Ottawa too.

With all our provincial issues, you can give us our bagels for heaven's sake, what you said was sacrilege.
Amen mon frère.

I've done Katz's in NYC, and I'll take a Schwartz Lean (yeah I know I grew up on the lean don't chastise me haha), any day over a Katz's sandwich.
No I am not a Montrealer so dont' cry fowl.

On an aside, anyone else miss Ben's? That place after Le Forum was heaven back in the day.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Tomatolita wrote: Amen mon frère.

I've done Katz's in NYC, and I'll take a Schwartz Lean (yeah I know I grew up on the lean don't chastise me haha), any day over a Katz's sandwich.
No I am not a Montrealer so dont' cry fowl.

On an aside, anyone else miss Ben's? That place after Le Forum was heaven back in the day.
I worked there for a summer back in my youth, awesome hand cut smoked meat and the best cheesecake period.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
Rockstead wrote: Yeah ok whatever, I suppose you think you can find better poutine, and better Smoke meat than Shwartz's in Ottawa too.

Have you tried the places I've mentioned?. Probably not, just because it started in Montreal doesn't make it the best. Shwartz's is over hyped smoked meat with yellow mustard, it's the one that started it all, does that make it the best?. I don't think so. You can get better french cuisine in other parts of the world or mongolian or indian or turkish, etc. Doesn't mean just because it started in a country/province, doesn't make it the best.

I've only lived in Ottawa for 4 years but have traveled and ate at different places other than St.Viateur or Fairmount. I traveled to Montreal often and I did buy a dozen bagels when I'm there, often eating 3-4 on the way home. What I'm saying is there is just as good bagels in Ottawa without travelling for 1.5 hours

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)