Credit Cards

Stack MC : Nerfed!! Fees galore! Avoid this card!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2024 8:53 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
aweawea wrote: Nothing stated on the new screen! I wonder if the process is fully automated yet. Funds still not loaded, but it's only been a few minutes.
Check if the FAQ changed.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gtaphotog wrote: Check if the FAQ changed.
I don't see a minimum stated on the support page either. 🤞
Images
  • Screenshot_20190403-213359.png
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6905 posts
5592 upvotes
Technically it starts April 4 right? I guess they will turn off auto deposit tomorrow
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a bit confused about the Stack MC "no atm fees" thing. I'm with CIBC and as far as i know that if I use another bank's ATM, the only fee is on the CIBC side. I saw some discussion about there being "some" free ATMs but I'm a bit confused about which ones. I'm travelling in May and want the cheapest option (preferably minimal foreign transaction fees and no atm fee), so stack looked good. For anyone who has used it in the US - are there any specific banks that you can withdraw at for free?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Both transfers of around $5.00 went through in about 30 minutes. From EQ with question/answer and from Simplii with autodeposit.

Be sure your Simplii and Interac email address matches your Stack account if using autodeposit.

Looks like Stack is finally nearing Koho-level Interac deposit speed, and I'm glad to ditch Visa Debit and the two day PAD wait when I need to top up a little bit.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
bpboop wrote: I'm a bit confused about the Stack MC "no atm fees" thing. I'm with CIBC and as far as i know that if I use another bank's ATM, the only fee is on the CIBC side. I saw some discussion about there being "some" free ATMs but I'm a bit confused about which ones. I'm travelling in May and want the cheapest option (preferably minimal foreign transaction fees and no atm fee), so stack looked good. For anyone who has used it in the US - are there any specific banks that you can withdraw at for free?
OP. this thread will be merged.
1. There are more than 1 fees. bank fees and ATM owner's fee (which both got taken at once when you withdraw from another bank ATM)

2. Free ATM surcharge - IDK what you're confused about (beside you are yet to be able to distinguish bank fee VS ATM owner's fee)

3. Why do you care so much about ATM when you're travelling in the United States?
It's the US, not ASIA (where Cash is king).
USA is as cashless as Canada.

And no, we can't give you a concrete list of no fee ATM in the US.
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
They sent an email again regarding the e-transfer change.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
dekvitaly wrote: OP. this thread will be merged.
1. There are more than 1 fees. bank fees and ATM owner's fee (which both got taken at once when you withdraw from another bank ATM)

2. Free ATM surcharge - IDK what you're confused about (beside you are yet to be able to distinguish bank fee VS ATM owner's fee)

3. Why do you care so much about ATM when you're travelling in the United States?

Done.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
dekvitaly wrote: OP. this thread will be merged.

I'm aware of the difference - I was asking for clarification on what fees the card may be subject to (as in whether or not regular US banks have their own fees I'd be charged or if it were the same as i am used to here). Essentially, is it only private ATMs (like ones you tend to find in bars and such) that will charge, or do bank ATMs as well?

I always like to have emergency cash on hand. I also like to use cash to keep track of how much I'm spending. I'll also be splitting hotel costs with friends who are american and paying them in cash is easier since they don't do interac e-transfers. Regardless, this question isn't necessary to what I asked. Your preferences aren't the same as everyone elses.

Didn't ask for a list of ATMs, I asked if there were specific banks that you can withdraw at for free. (for example, all TD bank locations, or something else.)

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but your response was unnecessarily condescending. It also cleared up literally nothing.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Stack profile e-transfer hasnt updated yet. Online chat said it wud take effect right after midnight. Still showing the same screen under E-Transfer. Only showing email addy and account number. NOT the new security question or answer you're supposed to update the bank contact with... Any1 know what's going on?? Was told after the update transfers shud take under 5 min max AND the $50 min transfer no longer applies. You now can transfer any amount.
Last edited by aznnorth on Apr 4th, 2019 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
flyjazz wrote: CIBC $7 less than 3 minutes.
Did you update the bank contact screen? The E-Transfer screen in the Stack app hasnt updated yet. No new security question or answer data. Surely it isnt the one in the email update... or is it??
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Stack profile e-transfer hasnt updated yet. Online chat said it wud take effect right after midnight. Still showing the same screen under E-Transfer. Only showing email addy and account number. NOT the new security question or answer you're supposed to update the bank contact with... Any1 know what's going on?? Was told after the update transfers shud take under 5 min max AND the $50 min transfer no longer applies. You now can transfer any amount.
aznnorth wrote: Did you update the bank contact screen? The E-Transfer screen in the Stack app hasnt updated yet. No new security question or answer data. Surely it isnt the one in the email update... or is it??
Have you updated your app?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Gtaphotog wrote: Have you updated your app?
Deleted app and reinstalled from apple store. Same screens. Is yours showing the new security question/answer??
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Deleted app and reinstalled from apple store. Same screens. Is yours showing the new security question/answer??
#iPhoneProbs?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Gtaphotog wrote: #iPhoneProbs?
Is urs android? Uninstalled and reinstalled again.. same thing. Is there a way to update the app internally without reinstalling?? Do not see an option under Stack settings... Any1 else having issues using iPhone X/XS line? Possible Stack didnt update the download in the app store. Pita.

App store: Stack Finance, ver 1.6.1 update: 1 mo ago. Doesnt sound like the new app updated.
Last edited by aznnorth on Apr 4th, 2019 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Is urs android? Uninstalled and reinstalled again.. same thing. Is there a way to update the app internally without reinstalling?? Do not see an option under Stack settings... Any1 else having issues using iPhone X line? Possible Stack didnt update the download in the app store. Pita.
Just be patient it'll probably be updated in the morning.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Gtaphotog wrote: Just be patient it'll probably be updated in the morning.
What version is google showing? App store: Stack Finance ver 1.6.1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)