Thunder Bay

Lifetime subscription for Getflix $35

Price:
$35
Retailer:
StackSocial
This is out of my wheelhouse so I am looking for suggestions on whether
this is worthwhile

Watching American Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, BBC or other streaming services can unfortunately be difficult while traveling outside these streaming regions.
Rather than bypass these restrictions with the help of a VPN that may sacrifice browsing speed, choose a faster and simpler solution with Getflix.
Instead of rerouting all your internet traffic through a different server, this handy service only routes the traffic needed so you can still enjoy top browsing speeds.
Getflix unblocks more than 300 streaming channels around the world so you can watch movies, TV, sports, and more wherever life may take you.

Access popular global 300+ streaming services from anywhere around the world
Access over 200+ VPN nodes
Enjoy a fast & reliable solution for watching TV, listening to online radio & more
Benefit from easy-to-use Smart DNS technology
Get a free, optional VPN & SmartVPN account to encrypt all your traffic with 256Bit SSL encryption
Use w/ all of your favorite devices
Utilize the services without needing to install any software
Access Netflix on computers with this lifetime account.
Please note: Getflix doesn't replace the need for a subscription streaming service

Lifetime subscription to Getflix for $35

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
41 replies
Oct 15, 2012
80 posts
92 upvotes
CALGARY
Note: Lifetime subscription is actually 30 years, long enough in my opinion but just in case anyone gets hung up on the details.

I use this service and it works pretty well. With all the DNS blocking that Netflix is doing, it's been somewhat spotty, but it does work from time to time. Unfortunately it's not 100% of the time but I don't know any service that is for this price. I've tried out the included VPN too and that seems to work fine.
Jun 11, 2013
243 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I bought their VPN Unlimited Lifetime subscription. Would this service be redundant on top of using their VPN service? Would this Getflix be guaranteed to work to unlock American Netflix where VPN Unlimited might not?
Aug 23, 2013
190 posts
64 upvotes
MONTR
Seems lift time account unblock Netflix only for PC or MAC.. Any one test this life-time plan with Android and iOS devices?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1154 posts
402 upvotes
Ottawa
I get that GF has been around for a while but giving out lifetime accounts means that they're waiting to bail.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2514 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
WellHung wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
I get that GF has been around for a while but giving out lifetime accounts means that they're waiting to bail.
They’ve been doing this for years now. Still up and running.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6432 posts
3279 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
As with everything in life, the word "Lifetime" references their lifetime, not yours.
It could be a day, or it could be 100 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1605 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Before purchase, make sure to read post #s 10, 11 & 12 off this thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/stackso ... 3-2185160/
jonnyk9 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 10:09 am
I got a lifetime subscription to getflix dns a few years ago. Not long after I couldn't access American netflix but all other channels still work. I contacted them yesterday and was told they offer a new paid service that supports Netflix but as a lifetime subscriber from a third party promo I would have to re-subscribe. That's just crazy and disgusting. So I'll take a look at smartdns.
alpovs wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 10:37 am
It is disgusting. I am also their lifetime subscriber. Did they give you a link to that new service? I don't see anything new on their website. Also, they don't seem to officially support Netflix anymore. Here is a list of supported channels and Netflix is not there. They say "Anything not listed here is not officially supported, but may work."
jonnyk9 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 11:14 am
I have to say that their email support is quick but i have to ask the same question multiple times. This is the email response from them about netflix: "Thank you for the email. Upon checking your account, you do have Getflix subscription from 3rd party promo. As of 2018, getflix decided to support only pc or mac browsers for our 3rd party promo users due to Netflix's huge changes on their network. We really did try our best to unblock Netflix with those server unfortunately after a few months our infrastructures are not able to and we decided to stop supporting other devices for the said channel. If you wish to continue using Netflix with other devices, getflix has implemented a new network which unblocks the said channel for all platforms. Thus, we cannot or unable to move your current account to the new one since will cause a network outage which affects the users as well. We would like to apologize and we are giving proper discounts offer for newly registered account for our 3rd party promo code users. Please do create a new one https://www.getflix.com.au/signup and email us the newly registered account so we can properly apply the discounted offers for you."

I have asked twice what the discount is for lifetime membership but really i'm just digging. I wouldn't use them again and get burned (fool me once...). I'm sure what happened is that they sell lifetime subs for $35 (and they are still doing it) and get overloaded and get handle the usage.
Feb 8, 2011
185 posts
80 upvotes
Remember to sign up with your email to get additional 10% off your order
Jul 5, 2013
252 posts
102 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Trying to figure out how to set this up on sony android tv. Anybody done this? I dont want to apply to my entire network just for the sony android tv/ netflix and Amazon prime on there. Cheers!
Jan 19, 2007
81 posts
30 upvotes
AkoniB wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 2:01 pm
Trying to figure out how to set this up on sony android tv. Anybody done this? I dont want to apply to my entire network just for the sony android tv/ netflix and Amazon prime on there. Cheers!
I have my Sony TV connected (wired) to my router and put in the DNS provided by GetFlix into my router settings. On your PC browser go to the Getflix website and register your IP (can also use their android phone app). Hulu works fine. Haven't tried it for Netflix. I was with Un0telly previously, saw this promotion and have a friend who's been using Getflix for a few years, so jumped on this deal.
Good luck.
Jul 20, 2016
177 posts
130 upvotes
I bought a lifetime Getflix years ago and cant recommend them. Netflix jump literally never works. Seems like NordVPN and IP Vanish are the 2 biggies these days.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1154 posts
402 upvotes
Ottawa
AstonM wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 1:08 pm
They’ve been doing this for years now. Still up and running.
Getflix is one of those come and go smart dns companies like unlocater, unodns, ********?, etc. And they all are gone after a cease and desist.

Like a good value lifetime sub is something like for MrSkin, they actually have an understanding with the movie studios.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10560 posts
5727 upvotes
Oil Country
WellHung wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
I've owned two lifetime accounts for about two years now. Both still work, and I got them for a bit less than the OP's deal. I'd say I've already gotten my money's worth. I use mine everyday with Hulu, Pandora, The CW (free), HBO Go, Starz, AMC, FX, Prime Video US, etc apps on Roku and Sonos. I cut the cord two years ago, and haven't looked back. I don't even care that I don't get Netflix US. It's great when it works sometimes, but not a huge deal if you know how to get access to other things.