• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2018 10:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
WellHung wrote: I get that GF has been around for a while but giving out lifetime accounts means that they're waiting to bail.
I wanted intelligent feedback not stupidity. :rolleyes:
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Oct 15, 2012
81 posts
93 upvotes
CALGARY
sabesh wrote: Before purchase, make sure to read post #s 10, 11 & 12 off this thread:
stacksocial-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subs ... 3-2185160/
I'd read that thread so thought I'd submit a support ticket asking about my Netflix access yesterday; they responded promptly saying they're working on it and followed up by saying it's working again half a day later, so I tried it just to confirm that it is working on my PS3, and it's been running ever since. I didn't get any upsell attempt even though I'm also listed as a 3rd party promo user. I'm not doubting that there was a marketing pitch to these other guys, just wanted to say it wasn't my experience.

I'm not saying they are super reliable, but the service is cheap and my experience is that they're always trying to support their customers, but it does seem like a big YMMV. I've been a user for a few years now (expiry Oct 22, 2045), don't recall what I spent on the service initially, but I figure I've definitely gotten my money's worth on it.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
GROSS wrote: I wanted intelligent feedback not stupidity. :rolleyes:
What part of is stupid to you? Most of these smart dns services come and go, uno telly, etc. "Getflix" and Netflix doesn't even work??? The minute some media company sends them a letter they'll fold. Like I mentioned before in subsequent posts.
Maybe you didn't want any feedback, maybe you bought it and found out that Netflix doesn't work and you feel like a stupid cheap ass and post this so you wouldn't be alone. All you had to do was google for their review, and it isn't good. lol.
Apr 12, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
I bought one of these lifetime accounts for the same price around October 2015, a few months before Netflix started cracking down on them. They still claim some amount of Netflix usability but personally I don't even bother with it anymore because it never works. That said, I still use the VPN every day via OpenVPN, and I was recently out of the country and was able to use the service to access tou.tv without issue. If you're looking to unblock American Netflix, then I definitely do not recommend this. But if you're looking for a VPN, or to unblock any of their other supported services, then you could do worse than a lifetime subscription for $35.

Frankly, I would be completely shocked if I were able to use my subscription for the full 30 years for which it's valid, but in the meantime I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth, and now I have access to a VPN without worrying about sketchy free ones or paying a monthly subscription.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5512 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: I've owned two lifetime accounts for about two years now. Both still work, and I got them for a bit less than the OP's deal. I'd say I've already gotten my money's worth. I use mine everyday with Hulu, Pandora, The CW (free), HBO Go, Starz, AMC, FX, Prime Video US, etc apps on Roku and Sonos. I cut the cord two years ago, and haven't looked back. I don't even care that I don't get Netflix US. It's great when it works sometimes, but not a huge deal if you know how to get access to other things.
Curious - what box / boxes you are using?
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10816 posts
7085 upvotes
Oil Country
PrinceMS wrote: Curious - what box / boxes you are using?
Roku and Sonos. When you create both accounts, make sure you set your address/location to the US.
Mar 21, 2018
106 posts
26 upvotes
I got email from smartdnsproxy offering 79% off meaning a dollar a month for 2 year subscription; 24.90$. Is there a difference between these 2 services? I heard they are owned by same company.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5228 posts
1051 upvotes
Toronto
Question: is there an easy quick way to access all regional programming - switch from US to Canada to UK or is it a deep dive into settings every time? (Apple TV) sorry if stupid question ...
Jul 31, 2015
378 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Be careful, maybe last year or so Netflix began cracking down on these DNS masking services. None of them worked for me and I canceled my subs. Even if the service finds a new way Netflix is always trying to shut it down.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1663 posts
225 upvotes
Mississauga
Getflix support confirms what others have mentioned here already:

"Subscription from a 3rd party like website like stacksocial won't work for Netflix on all devices.
It will only allow you to access US Netflix on computers."
Oct 19, 2007
124 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
I have had their lifetime subscription a couple of years now, their Netflix unblocking has been almost flawless, I use it on my Amazon Firestick and smart TV as it works with smart DNS. HOWEVER their service when to me is not usable at all as I have been using their western US DNS smart DNS and the connection speed has been SOOOO painfully slow that renders it useless for streaming. I guess you get what you pay for! I did switch to another VPN service that provides speed comparable with my regular speeds and well within my streaming needs (see the screenshots) (well I still have the lifetime subscription anyways)
no VPN.jpg
VPN2.jpg
Last edited by bikar on May 6th, 2018 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10816 posts
7085 upvotes
Oil Country
sabesh wrote: Getflix support confirms what others have mentioned here already:

"Subscription from a 3rd party like website like stacksocial won't work for Netflix on all devices.
It will only allow you to access US Netflix on computers."
Yup... it's spotty on devices, other than computers. Sometime they have it working, but the fix only lasts for a bit. I've kind given up on trying to get Netflix US to work. However, I use Getflix with Hulu, Pandora, and several other US streaming services. As far as I'm concerned, it's worth the price. Both of my accounts have been working for 2+ years without any issues.
Sep 16, 2013
831 posts
446 upvotes
SW ON
bikar wrote: I have had their lifetime subscription a couple of years now, their Netflix unblocking has been almost flawless, I use it on my Amazon Firestick and smart TV as it works with smart DNS. HOWEVER their service when to me is not usable at all as I have been using their western US DNS smart DNS and the connection speed has been SOOOO painfully slow that renders it useless for streaming. I guess you get what you pay for! I did switch to another VPN service that provides speed comparable with my regular speeds and well within my streaming needs (see the screenshots) (well I still have the lifetime subscription anyways)
It's not a VPN and your traffic doesn't pass through them. Your slow speeds are due to your internet provider. All Smart DNS does is it chooses content distribution providers that serve the US instead of those that serve Canada based on your DNS servers. Those providers may be far from you and your ISP may not have good routes to them. I see your ISP is CIK Telecom which is known for crappy peering and routing.
Banned
Mar 7, 2018
24 posts
5 upvotes
Woah! wrote: As with everything in life, the word "Lifetime" references their lifetime, not yours.
It could be a day, or it could be 100 years.
What zolzer said regarding their lifetime may be correct. 30 years!
Jul 7, 2009
712 posts
334 upvotes
Does this work? And can we expect this to work for long?

I had unblock-us and it was great for me for a while, until Netflix started cracking down on it and then unblock-us tried various thing but just couldn't get it to work, so I stopped the service.

I don't see how any DNS service can work for Netflix for extended period of time. It's too easy for Netflix to crack down on it once enough ppl use it.