• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2018 10:48 pm
77 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9354 posts
2284 upvotes
Scarberia
If u only need streaming sites from USA like Netflix or dtvnow. I’d highly recommend smartdnsproxy

2 yrs 34$cdn. Much fastest speeds. I have both vpn unlimited and smartdnsproxy
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Jun 24, 2016
318 posts
268 upvotes
VPN Unlimited is terrible. It has terrible speeds and doesn't allow P2P on 99% of its servers.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1647 posts
134 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: If u only need streaming sites from USA like Netflix or dtvnow. I’d highly recommend smartdnsproxy

2 yrs 34$cdn. Much fastest speeds. I have both vpn unlimited and smartdnsproxy
SmartDnsProxy looks good, may I ask were you got 2years for $34CDN . ..
May 14, 2017
139 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
kid3 wrote: Thanks, I had to manually enter the link and the site said your is promo activated

Guess if I signup I will get the price
Yes you will!
Once you sign up, you will see the 2 years option at $24.95 USD
Jul 11, 2017
481 posts
554 upvotes
Hernani81 wrote: Yes you will!
Once you sign up, you will see the 2 years option at $24.95 USD
Start a thread.
Oct 10, 2014
227 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a friend on VPN unlimited, also got a "lifetime" deal.. he seems pretty happy with it (especially for the price)...

He uses it to stream via Kodi, and also torrent, and he says it works just fine. Unsure if speeds are affected much since torrent speeds seem ok (he has 150 MBPs internet).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm sure that other service is still better, but it's hard to turn down a "lifetime" subscription for cheap, especially if it gets the job done (even if not as fast). He's had his "lifetime" for 2 years already with no issues.

Just thought I'd share. Cheers!
Nov 2, 2007
189 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
I got a lifetime subscription to getflix dns a few years ago. Not long after I couldn't access American netflix but all other channels still work. I contacted them yesterday and was told they offer a new paid service that supports Netflix but as a lifetime subscriber from a third party promo I would have to re-subscribe. That's just crazy and disgusting. So I'll take a look at smartdns.
Sep 16, 2013
831 posts
446 upvotes
SW ON
jonnyk9 wrote: I got a lifetime subscription to getflix dns a few years ago. Not long after I couldn't access American netflix but all other channels still work. I contacted them yesterday and was told they offer a new paid service that supports Netflix but as a lifetime subscriber from a third party promo I would have to re-subscribe. That's just crazy and disgusting. So I'll take a look at smartdns.
It is disgusting. I am also their lifetime subscriber. Did they give you a link to that new service? I don't see anything new on their website. Also, they don't seem to officially support Netflix anymore. Here is a list of supported channels and Netflix is not there. They say "Anything not listed here is not officially supported, but may work."
Nov 2, 2007
189 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
I have to say that their email support is quick but i have to ask the same question multiple times. This is the email response from them about netflix: "Thank you for the email. Upon checking your account, you do have Getflix subscription from 3rd party promo. As of 2018, getflix decided to support only pc or mac browsers for our 3rd party promo users due to Netflix's huge changes on their network. We really did try our best to unblock Netflix with those server unfortunately after a few months our infrastructures are not able to and we decided to stop supporting other devices for the said channel. If you wish to continue using Netflix with other devices, getflix has implemented a new network which unblocks the said channel for all platforms. Thus, we cannot or unable to move your current account to the new one since will cause a network outage which affects the users as well. We would like to apologize and we are giving proper discounts offer for newly registered account for our 3rd party promo code users. Please do create a new one https://www.getflix.com.au/signup and email us the newly registered account so we can properly apply the discounted offers for you."

I have asked twice what the discount is for lifetime membership but really i'm just digging. I wouldn't use them again and get burned (fool me once...). I'm sure what happened is that they sell lifetime subs for $35 (and they are still doing it) and get overloaded and get handle the usage.
Sep 16, 2013
831 posts
446 upvotes
SW ON
This sounds like scam. Since it's a DNS service the traffic doesn't go through them. They get only a few DNS queries when people start watching a movie on Netflix. Their statement about overwhelming their servers doesn't make sense. Besides, there is nothing on their website about "a new network which unblocks the said channel for all platforms". I have a lifetime subscription from what they call a "3rd party" (but they sell it through a reseller) and I can use their servers listed on the website. I tried a few recently, all worked for DirecTV. There is no way they can differentiate old customers from "3rd party" and new signups.

They probably just want more money from you for the same service. It will probably won't work again and they will say that Netflix is not officially supported because it's not mentioned in their list of supported channels.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2008
2620 posts
3456 upvotes
Langley, BC
lifetime... until is goes out of business.