Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StackSocial

Windscribe Lifetime Pro VPN USD 47.20 with Promo Code

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 6:36 pm
Thread Summary
31 replies
Jan 11, 2007
289 posts
135 upvotes
I previously bought their 3-year licence and it’s good for the occasional video streaming.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn’t support Amazon yet but works fine with Netflix, Hulu. Their Android app is supposed to be upgraded soon to be much faster.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
As I said in the thread summary:

Take a look H E R E for more info!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
The deal gets better, the longer you wait, haha (opposite of most RFDs, which are buy now, think later). Good thing I haven't committed to going to premium / pro membership yet. It was 10% off, then 15% and now 20% discount for lifetime eh?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Nov 29, 2016
236 posts
80 upvotes
Good speed?! Anyone know when he release beta port forwarding for OpenVPN on router?! Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
Germain85 wrote: Good speed?! Anyone know when he release beta port forwarding for OpenVPN on router?! Thanks
Beta Port Forward/Static IP is released already. Works like a charm...

For all who [now and always] complain of "slowing down connections" please note: TRAFFIC IS ENCRYPTED - and, better encryption, slower it gets! Also, if you run it on your router, you better have a bloody cutting edge model, or you will come back here crying...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they keep records?
And is it really pay once and good for life? Never need to pay again?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Wish there was a way to upgrade my 1 year PRO to lifetime and just pay the difference. I just bought the 1 year ($12 usd) a little while ago. Good service so far though.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
Suthek wrote: Do they keep records?
I'd like to know as well. Currently with PIA and will make a move if they are just as good as PIA.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3379 upvotes
I would look at it from a breakeven point of view and go from there. If your go-to VPN is PIA how much is it per year, compared to this lifetime? How long to recoup your cost? Those who took the plunge around 2 years ago broke even on their lifetime already. It looks like the company is here for the long haul, having said everything.

The main thing is whether the speed you're getting from their server locations is ok to you - that is something nobody can tell you if it will be adequate. That's where the trial comes in.

As for logging, the owner said there is no logging of IP addresses and everyone uses a common pool of IPs. The acid test for this type of service is if the FBI comes knocking on their door, and whether they will say the same thing to them as to troll law firms. PIA I know they passed this test already, but WIndscribe is likely too new to have the FBI coming with inquiries about users who may or may not have broken the law.
Nov 29, 2016
236 posts
80 upvotes
max011 wrote: Beta Port Forward/Static IP is released already. Works like a charm...

For all who [now and always] complain of "slowing down connections" please note: TRAFFIC IS ENCRYPTED - and, better encryption, slower it gets! Also, if you run it on your router, you better have a bloody cutting edge model, or you will come back here crying...
I saw just in windows app..
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
Yep. "For life". Account duration is in batches of 10y, renewed "infinitely" for life without additional payment.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1352 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
anyone have Luck with Amazon Prime on these guys?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
sid8tive wrote: Yep. "For life". Account duration is in batches of 10y, renewed "infinitely" for life without additional payment.
Thanks! Just signed up!

Faster than PIA for me.
Had a year left of PIA... Guess I could have waited. But whatever.
Jul 13, 2018
45 posts
5 upvotes
does windscribe not work at all with qbittorrent? as soon as I turn it on my torrent speed is 0. Is there any thing in the settings that can remedy this?
Aug 13, 2003
669 posts
542 upvotes
Calgary
janthe6th wrote: does windscribe not work at all with qbittorrent? as soon as I turn it on my torrent speed is 0. Is there any thing in the settings that can remedy this?
Works perfectly fine for me with qbittorrent.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Any idea if the new USMCA will cause Canadian pirates to be charged similar to the US?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
Are people buying this with their credit cards? Or does that defeat the purpose of a vpn

Should I opt for a prepaid visa?
Nov 29, 2016
236 posts
80 upvotes
janthe6th wrote: does windscribe not work at all with qbittorrent? as soon as I turn it on my torrent speed is 0. Is there any thing in the settings that can remedy this?
Which server?!