Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1195 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto

The staircase- netflix doc

Anyone seen it? Just finished watching and I literally have zero doubt this guy basically got away with murder twice. I find it even more amazing that he has been able to convince the kids (all but Kathleen’s daughter) of his innocence. Kathleen’s sister speech to him was the best part of this series this guy was guilty as sin and he knew he would lose another trial. That poor lady was so obviously beaten battered and bloodied at the bottom of those stairs I don’t know how anyone with a brain believes she could’ve simply fallen.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5878 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Watched this about 15 years ago when it first came out so my memory is a tad foggy, but I do remember finishing the miniseries with a strong conviction that Peterson HAD committed murder.

I heard that when Netflix decided to broadcast the show this year (they were never involved in its creation) they added a couple more follow-up episodes on Peterson's more recent release/retrial - is that right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1195 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 6:57 am
Watched this about 15 years ago when it first came out so my memory is a tad foggy, but I do remember finishing the miniseries with a strong conviction that Peterson HAD committed murder.

I heard that when Netflix decided to broadcast the show this year (they were never involved in its creation) they added a couple more follow-up episodes on Peterson's more recent release/retrial - is that right?
I’m not sure about the previous release but they may have added more episodes as he basically took the guilty Alford plea to manslaughter still proclaiming innocence saying he was only taking it because he thinks the cops are crooked and he wouldn’t get a fair trial had he gone for a new trial. He ended up with time served for the 8 years he did do.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5878 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 9:51 am
I’m not sure about the previous release but they may have added more episodes as he basically took the guilty Alford plea to manslaughter still proclaiming innocence saying he was only taking it because he thinks the cops are crooked and he wouldn’t get a fair trial had he gone for a new trial. He ended up with time served for the 8 years he did do.
Disgusting.
Another good doc series, on Netflix, is Wild, Wild Couuntry - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/wild_wild_country/s01
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30677 posts
7557 upvotes
GTHA
‘The Staircase’ Director Has Given Up On Knowing if Michael Peterson Killed His Wife
As Netflix breathes new life and episodes into the genre defining true-crime series, director Jean-Xavier de Lestrade talks about how his interest has dramatically shifted in documenting Peterson's latest court room drama.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/netfli ... 201972470/
newt_101 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 6:57 am

All 13 episodes of “The Staircase” – including the original eight episodes from 2005, the 2013 two-part sequel and the three new episodes

Aug 16, 2017
542 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
this guy is guilty, i can't watch through the whole series as there are points of him just talking about his innocence and whatnot for 30 straight minutes. I watched the last episode and the best thing about it is Kathleen's sister's courtroom speech, disgusting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1195 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
DimsumDeals wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:55 am
this guy is guilty, i can't watch through the whole series as there are points of him just talking about his innocence and whatnot for 30 straight minutes. I watched the last episode and the best thing about it is Kathleen's sister's courtroom speech, disgusting.
Yes her speech was everything, he didn’t seem to care though bastard knew he got away with it. It’s shocking that there are a good amount of people who still think he’s innocent though Smh
Last edited by Heavenleigh85 on Jun 13th, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 16, 2017
542 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
The Confession Tapes is pretty good too. A lot more engaging than Staircase.