Standalone Fibe TV suggestions

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 3:08 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
5 posts
Burlington, ON

Standalone Fibe TV suggestions

Been on a Bell bundle for two years which is now up. Spent 30 min holding with retentions yesterday but while they can maintain my current bundle price I am still overpaying for internet

I am going to move to another provider for phone and internet. My family still loves Fibe TV.

Do I have any bargaining power for them to keep me as a TV only customer?
6 replies
May 30, 2011
217 posts
14 upvotes
North York
We just did the similar thing.
There is promotion for new customer, you can go to Bell site to look for it.

We have the bundle for years but Wife found out it is more than $200 for Internet 25, TV with special language and Home phone.
Called to ask for the lower promotion price which is roughly $180 with Internet 50 unlimited, Better package TV with more channels than what we had, add special Language channels and basic Home phone.

But the operator say no. So go ahead to sign up as New customer, use my name vs wife, at Fairview Mall Booth.
Bonus of $300 credit card, but end up cutting the Home phone as too much to add on caller ID and waiting.
With roughly $129 + tax per month + $300 credit card, Better Channel package+special language 4 channels for $15, internet 50 unlimited and New Hub 3000, should have 4K TV receiver, Free modem rent, WiFi receiver to TV. Free installation.

Installation on Sat 12-5pm. Technician came, could not connect, we did cancel on Friday but still on old owner my wife.
So my wife authorized to cut right away and had to speak to Bell.

Bell office told wife to stay and gives us the lower promotion price and package, no $300 credit card but should be credit through monthly bill slowly.
So deal, but lot of mess up, technician lied New package was installed, but it was just the old package he restored.

Calling Bell the new package will be installed later on re-schedule on next Sat. 12-5pm. technician will bring 4K receiver and need to install, ah.

Before Sat. everything was down on Friday.
Sat. morning everything came back to life with New Package, high hope to get the New 4K receiver,
no one showed up from 12-5pm.
Called 4 times to confirm Oder is pending = technician was coming.

Called Monday, no New 4K receiver for old customer, only enough for new customer,
so no need for Technician to come into the house, but why not just called me so that I can go out to have the sunshine.

Anyways, happy with the price for $129 per month, with 2 months free for the special language 4 channels of $15,
modem FREE rent, Hub 3000 Wifi to TV, no need for line to TV.

Contract for 2 years, price still high for internet, will switch to others after this.
Virgin home internet $30/month for Speed 50 unlimited.
Hub 3000 has better WiFi signal to me, go up to my 3rd floor bedroom from Grd,
but has more connection problems than Hub 2000, but under control.
Hop this help.
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2015
1240 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pchiu wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:19 pm
We just did the similar thing.
There is promotion for new customer, you can go to Bell site to look for it.

We have the bundle for years but Wife found out it is more than $200 for Internet 25, TV with special language and Home phone.
Called to ask for the lower promotion price which is roughly $180 with Internet 50 unlimited, Better package TV with more channels than what we had, add special Language channels and basic Home phone.

But the operator say no. So go ahead to sign up as New customer, use my name vs wife, at Fairview Mall Booth.
Bonus of $300 credit card, but end up cutting the Home phone as too much to add on caller ID and waiting.
With roughly $129 + tax per month + $300 credit card, Better Channel package+special language 4 channels for $15, internet 50 unlimited and New Hub 3000, should have 4K TV receiver, Free modem rent, WiFi receiver to TV. Free installation.

Installation on Sat 12-5pm. Technician came, could not connect, we did cancel on Friday but still on old owner my wife.
So my wife authorized to cut right away and had to speak to Bell.

Bell office told wife to stay and gives us the lower promotion price and package, no $300 credit card but should be credit through monthly bill slowly.
So deal, but lot of mess up, technician lied New package was installed, but it was just the old package he restored.

Calling Bell the new package will be installed later on re-schedule on next Sat. 12-5pm. technician will bring 4K receiver and need to install, ah.

Before Sat. everything was down on Friday.
Sat. morning everything came back to life with New Package, high hope to get the New 4K receiver,
no one showed up from 12-5pm.
Called 4 times to confirm Oder is pending = technician was coming.

Called Monday, no New 4K receiver for old customer, only enough for new customer,
so no need for Technician to come into the house, but why not just called me so that I can go out to have the sunshine.

Anyways, happy with the price for $129 per month, with 2 months free for the special language 4 channels of $15,
modem FREE rent, Hub 3000 Wifi to TV, no need for line to TV.

Contract for 2 years, price still high for internet, will switch to others after this.
Virgin home internet $30/month for Speed 50 unlimited.
Hub 3000 has better WiFi signal to me, go up to my 3rd floor bedroom from Grd,
but has more connection problems than Hub 2000, but under control.
Hop this help.
Sorry for sounding like a douche, but I have no idea what you just typed.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Aug 12, 2017
363 posts
60 upvotes
opsho2 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:00 pm
Been on a Bell bundle for two years which is now up. Spent 30 min holding with retentions yesterday but while they can maintain my current bundle price I am still overpaying for internet

I am going to move to another provider for phone and internet. My family still loves Fibe TV.

Do I have any bargaining power for them to keep me as a TV only customer?
It is next to impossible to get any deal on Fibe tv alone, plus you will have to pay rental fee for the PVR and the receivers if any.
Dec 28, 2010
98 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
lamboman wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:37 pm
Sorry for sounding like a douche, but I have no idea what you just typed.
Sorry if I sound like a douche to another possible douche!.....You absolutely have no idea what you read ? or want everyone here to provide the info in a slideshow or bullet-ed format?
I am currently shopping for Bell service and I did get a lot of info out of the long post. So thanks @ Pchiu for sharing the info.
May 30, 2011
217 posts
14 upvotes
North York
Thanks Karma2000
Yes I spent lot of time to type up the above, just to share with others the real experience with Bell.
Hope you find a better deal.

Still fighting with Bell to get back the $300 credit.
Karma2000 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:52 am
Sorry if I sound like a douche to another possible douche!.....You absolutely have no idea what you read ? or want everyone here to provide the info in a slideshow or bullet-ed format?
I am currently shopping for Bell service and I did get a lot of info out of the long post. So thanks @ Pchiu for sharing the info.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28781 posts
4056 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I suggest you get Bell Express Vu instead. Same programming, no internet required, there are other benefits which I won’t mention here

Only downside is the ugly satellite dish mounted on the side of your house.