Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 9, 2004
408 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Staples

has anyone ever lined up at staples?.DO ppl line up at staples?
is it worth lining up at staples?.cuz i mite...i wonder what PDAs are on clearance..
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8919 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
beleive it or not ppl do line up at Staples... last year after i hit up BB i strolled by Staples and saw a lineup.. o_O
Nov 28, 2003
326 posts
YVR
yup, ppl do line up at staples. however, nothing too exciting this year. but i'm sure somebody will still lineup.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6503 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mushrooms wrote:has anyone ever lined up at staples?.DO ppl line up at staples?
is it worth lining up at staples?.cuz i mite...i wonder what PDAs are on clearance..
Last year the lineup was about 10-15 ppl, maybe, at the store I was at? There were some marginally decent deals then, though, unlike this year...
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
VivienM wrote:Last year the lineup was about 10-15 ppl, maybe, at the store I was at? There were some marginally decent deals then, though, unlike this year...
-------------

yah.... SOME good deals last yr... but this yr is nothin.....

maybe they had to make up for their YEAR-ROUND losses due to PMs..... :lol:

btw, last yr... yes my local staples had ~20-25 ppl linin up... betcha anything it was prbly the "regular customers" that have no clue about PM policy , or they knew about it but never actually had "good working knowledge" of it..... lol....

think 1 day when *EVERYONE* knows and uses the PM policy against staples (which is not too likely), staples will eventually have to "shutdown" :lol: and close all their branch stores.... :twisted:

MJM ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6503 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mahjongmaniac wrote:-------------think 1 day when *EVERYONE* knows and uses the PM policy against staples (which is not too likely), staples will eventually have to "shutdown" :lol: and close all their branch stores.... :twisted:

MJM ;)
Nah... Staples would just pull out of electronics/computers stuff, which is the only area where one gets great PMs. On office supplies, they're rarely in a position where they can be PMed against, especially out here where there's no Office Depot or other such competitor.
Dec 22, 2004
9 posts
[QUOTE]think 1 day when *EVERYONE* knows and uses the PM policy against staples (which is not too likely), staples will eventually have to "shutdown" and close all their branch stores.... [/QUOTE]

Yes, one day when everyone is bright, well informed and rational. And *EVERYONE* will understand the platforms of the politicians they're voting for, and they'll stage protests when corporations act against the public interest, and people will stop poluting the earth, and I won't have to look at bloody VCRs blinking 12:00, and, and. . .

Yes, verily, Staples must fear the coming enlightenment. I, however, am looking forward to it.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
21 upvotes
Sask
Well, Staples is actually a good place to buy things. The sales staff are less blood thirsty than some other places and leaving the Price Match nonsense out of it, you can at least rest assured that returns are easy and obtaining a 100% PM isn't that hard. I can buy something at Staples and be moderately sure I won't have paid MORE than elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
1592 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
Neil wrote:Well, Staples is actually a good place to buy things. The sales staff are less blood thirsty than some other places and leaving the Price Match nonsense out of it, you can at least rest assured that returns are easy and obtaining a 100% PM isn't that hard. I can buy something at Staples and be moderately sure I won't have paid MORE than elsewhere.
all of us are not blood thirsthy, just some in the western part of canada

and yes people do line up, around 100 people last year at the door, it was chaos

and your purchase if guaranteed 150 %
" give me back my sock you goat bastard "