Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT OC 512MB PCIe $59.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2009 12:07 am
Mar 1, 2006
164 posts
10 upvotes

[Staples] BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT OC 512MB PCIe $59.97

On staples clearance section, they have BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT OC 512MB PCIe for $59.97

SKU number: 719528
Here is link:

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

Features:
NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface
World's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects
Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card configuration for unequaled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel
Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2x the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs
Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs
Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy with ultra-fast frame rates
Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU-all the while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications
The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video
Designed to meet the output protection management (HDCP) and security specifications of the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats, allowing the playback of encrypted movie content on PCs when connected to HDCP-compliant displays
Designed to run perfectly with the PCI Express bus architecture, which doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X to deliver over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.
System Requirements: 512MB of system memory; Microsoft Windows Vista -or- Windows XP; CD or DVD-ROM drive; 50MB of available hard disk drive space for basic driver installation; 325W PCI Express-compliant system power supply (Minimum system power requirement based on a standard PC configured with an Intel
30 replies
Mar 1, 2006
164 posts
10 upvotes
bokep wrote: OOS everywhere
not True

Just bought two yesterday with 20 off 100 coupon
and there is still one left in maritimes
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I picked up one of that a month ago and it scanned in at half price of the listed clearance price
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1005 posts
349 upvotes
BC
OOS in GVR.
yhap2003 wrote: I picked up one of that a month ago and it scanned in at half price of the listed clearance price
Shoulda posted it :( .. unless you did and I missed it, then nvm.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3651 posts
133 upvotes
Pretty cold deal. 8600 is a minorly updated design of the 7600 (3 years old). For the 8000 series, only the 8800 was really considered new tech. I wouldn't spend today's dollars on such old technology. You'll find much better price/performance cards out there (9600GSO on the NCIX sale comes to mind, which is based off the 8800). Lots of the newer low cost offerings from ATI will also outperform an 8600 by far.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
Agreed. I would spend the extra $20-$30 and get a card that would knock the socks off of the 8600GT.
May 12, 2008
108 posts
3 upvotes
I believe there was a past deal on this posted before. It was $79.99 - $40 mail-in-rebate from Staples making it $39.98 plus taxes. I picked one up back then cause I needed a cheap card to run 2 monitors. So far I have no complaints with it.
Sep 15, 2006
451 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
lee086 wrote: I believe there was a past deal on this posted before. It was $79.99 - $40 mail-in-rebate from Staples making it $39.98 plus taxes. I picked one up back then cause I needed a cheap card to run 2 monitors. So far I have no complaints with it.
ditto. same experience here
Jan 31, 2006
355 posts
20 upvotes
I have to agree with the fact that this card isn't a performance card. It's close to the 7900GT that was released years ago.

For an extra 20$, one should rather buy something close to a ~8800gs
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
lee086 wrote: I believe there was a past deal on this posted before. It was $79.99 - $40 mail-in-rebate from Staples making it $39.98 plus taxes. I picked one up back then cause I needed a cheap card to run 2 monitors. So far I have no complaints with it.
Yep, while the 8500GT was 49.95- $40 MIR=$9.95!! I ended up buying that. But then upgraded to a 384MB 8800GS for $43 after taxes/rebates.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
I am still waiting for last time $40 rebate from Staples. :mad:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
can2000 wrote: I am still waiting for last time $40 rebate from Staples. :mad:
Contact Staples.ca rebate section with your all your details/rebate receipt number. The rebate processing company is in financial trouble so Staples is sending customers a $40 staples gift card instead.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
kmchow wrote: Contact Staples.ca rebate section with your all your details/rebate receipt number. The rebate processing company is in financial trouble so Staples is sending customers a $40 staples gift card instead.
Thanks! Yes, I did, twice. One is 2 months ago, not even any reply nor gift card. I did inquiry again yesterday. Hope it comes soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Mar 30, 2007
564 posts
193 upvotes
in stock as of right now in regina, but doesn't seem like a very good deal. The asus 8800gs 384mb was $53 after rebate last year which is way faster than this card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)