[Elect] Staples Boxing Week Sale Has Started Online

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 10:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13121 posts
2913 upvotes
I thought Crackberry reported that the 16GB Playbook was no longer in production and hasn't been in some months. Bought the 32GB last month and have until Jan. 6th to return it. That was only $118!
Jun 15, 2011
37989 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rob187 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 12:38 am
No $200 Nexus 7, No leave house.
They have to exclude that. Otherwise they will be losing money lol. Good ol Staples. Looks like another one to my list to stay home :razz:
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 6:52 am
I thought Crackberry reported that the 16GB Playbook was no longer in production and hasn't been in some months. Bought the 32GB last month and have until Jan. 6th to return it. That was only $118!
Probably they found that 16 wheeler trailer of Playbooks that got "Lost"...
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13121 posts
2913 upvotes
WD 2TB USB 3.0 was $99 last year. For sure this should have gone lower but they are keeping the price artificially too high. Only good thing is the drive will work flawlessly in the Bell 6131 and 6141 satellite receivers if you want to turn them into PVRs. Sure not getting up early for one though...
Mar 30, 2009
665 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Staples should hand out $30 gift cards to us Red Flaggers for wasting our valuable time to look over this crap flyer they call BD sale.

Another store off my list, but don't worry, the biggest jokes are yet to come. BB and FS.
Jul 21, 2011
620 posts
204 upvotes
Kingston
I look forward to sleeping in and relaxing all boxing day... The sad part is that there will still be some stooges who rush to BB/FS/Stooples " 'cause it's boxing day, and we know that boxing day is the best sale day of the year". I am not impressed with a playbook (seriously that's like getting someone a Zune instead on ipod)...
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
redeagle wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 7:55 am
Staples should hand out $30 gift cards to us Red Flaggers for wasting our valuable time to look over this crap flyer they call BD sale.

Another store off my list, but don't worry, the biggest jokes are yet to come. BB and FS.
Naw.. I think we might be surprised with some prepaid phones that Bell, Telus want to get rid of... hopefully those NEW Sony Android phones from a few months back for $99
Mar 4, 2009
577 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 7:28 am
WD 2TB USB 3.0 was $99 last year. For sure this should have gone lower but they are keeping the price artificially too high. Only good thing is the drive will work flawlessly in the Bell 6131 and 6141 satellite receivers if you want to turn them into PVRs. Sure not getting up early for one though...
has there been cheaper price on this HDD?

I am looking for WD externals.
Mar 3, 2012
85 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
the microsoft explorer touch mouse at 9.99$ seems like a pretty good deal to me...
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
t2i price is very nice. if i didnt have 2 id get one for backup.
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
Mar 10, 2007
714 posts
202 upvotes
I don't see any difference in this flyer and regular staples weekly flyer .

Benq Projector Last year $229
Similar specs different model this year $299

Laptops were cheaper last year too.

I hope futureshop , Bestbuy Flyer will beat everyone so next eyar they will make better flyers
May 13, 2007
878 posts
130 upvotes
WHITBY
A Staples manager told me that all the vendors were not giving them big discounts on their merchandise so the deals were not going to be great this year.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Jul 21, 2011
620 posts
204 upvotes
Kingston
isitin wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 10:45 am
A Staples manager told me that all the vendors were not giving them big discounts on their merchandise so the deals were not going to be great this year.
I find that hard to believe. Dell, HP, Sony, Sharp, nintendo, blackberry... have all reported subpar to horrendous quarters in the last few years (exclude Apple and Samsung among others from this list). The Chinese (foxconn and such) are still pumping out huge volumes of cheap goods, so unless there are more idiots paying full price on this junk than I have previously assumed, there should be tons in inventory. A surplus in inventory (especially electronics, which depreciate fast) means the retailers would be getting slaughtered (looking at BestBuy USA, Sears, JCPenny,... that seems to be the case).

Lastly, Staples makes a good chunk of money selling supplies to companies in addition to regular retailers, companies aren't investing in growth or infrastructure (for the most part), so Staples certainly isn't booming that way.

Sounds to me like a hunking pile of BS... And simply means they think consumers are dumb enough to blow their money simply because it's boxing day.
Jul 16, 2005
265 posts
46 upvotes
Go get the N7 32g from SDM for 202+ tax (with the 25% off coupon). GL with looking for stock tho. Limited quantities.
× < >