• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 10:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
4995 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
What about the HP color all in one for 200. is it a good deal, can we find cheap toner cartridge?
Sep 10, 2006
1527 posts
261 upvotes
slotscanada wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 1:11 pm
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

I think a great deal on Kingston 120gb Solid State Drive - $69. Almost half the price of Best Buy!
I did notice that too, tempting to get one as I don't have any SSD yet. Complete internal kit and looks like it comes with an USB 2.0 external kit too.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Dec 25, 2005
90 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Just called and they price adjust from $99.64 to $79.64 - coupon code.

ugly wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 11:28 am
I did the same thing.

They have a price match policy, but it's limited to 14 days and I fall outside that so I didn't bother to try.

But if you try and they let you price match, let me know.
Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
Staples deals on BF were a big yawn in the US. That equates to a coma in Canada, which is usually the land of no deals on the best day at any store compared to across the border.
In your pants!
Apr 5, 2005
451 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal
Snagged a remote control BMW car for my son yesterday.
XQ Toys brand, reg. $30; paid $9.98.
They had 2.5 channel RC helicopters too for $9.98, not sure of the brand.
Limited selection online compared to what is in store.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
1685 posts
97 upvotes
Burlington
slotscanada wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 1:11 pm

I think a great deal on Kingston 120gb Solid State Drive - $69. Almost half the price of Best Buy!
Anyone know if this is a decent drive? I m thinking about replacing the HDD (Windows/XBMC/apps drive) in my HTPC setup with an SSD and this seems like a decent deal, especially since I have the $30 from the AppleTV incident.
Nov 25, 2012
46 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Reviews for the drive are favorable. While it's not high-performance over other high-end SATAIII SSDs, for the regular consumer, this drive should provide a significant and noticeable improvement over a regular HDD. For me, I don't mind waiting a second or two more for my computer to boot up everytime if I save about $40 or more. With the $30 coupon, this drive is practically a steal.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:07 am
Ordered an Apple iPod Touch 32GB Black (5th Gen) for $244 ($279 w/ $15-off $100 + $20-off $150 coupons).

Will tether my Android device with Mobilicity's cheap unlimited 4G data and iOS VoIP app and pretend that I have an iPhone 5. :)
Wow StOOleS... they called me telling me it's OOS. Before I ordered, the online stock checker said there was some dozen left. At least I spoke to the guy, he allowed me to get the $20-off boxing discount applied in-store (if I can find stock that is). Pretty annoying to say the least.
Aug 26, 2012
719 posts
153 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:19 am
Anyone know if this is a decent drive? I m thinking about replacing the HDD (Windows/XBMC/apps drive) in my HTPC setup with an SSD and this seems like a decent deal, especially since I have the $30 from the AppleTV incident.

If you're looking for a SSD this is one of the few decent deals on 120gb ssd ATM
Not the greatest deal in terms of what one could have bought in November during BF...
but it's the best I've seen out of the boxing day sales

ps XBMC rocks :)
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4983 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
DerangedMedic wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 1:15 am
It's unfortunate that the $449.99 HP G6-2067 laptop is on sale until the 24th, but not on the 26th, which is when I'll have the money to buy one. I was really hoping to get a laptop with dedicated graphics this year.

Oh well, hopefully there's something good in Future Shop's flyers.
I seem to recall an HP G6 line back in the AthlonII mobile CPU era; the board was using a Radeon IGP/AMD Fuzion/AMD Vision chipset. The video chip was known to crap out while the rest of the laptop was perfectly fine but since the video chip is integrated in the chipset the laptop wouldn't function until sent for hardware repairs. Really nice looking laptop quickly became paper weights.
Krakenlayer wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 8:04 am
I look forward to sleeping in and relaxing all boxing day... The sad part is that there will still be some stooges who rush to BB/FS/Stooples " 'cause it's boxing day, and we know that boxing day is the best sale day of the year". I am not impressed with a playbook (seriously that's like getting someone a Zune instead on ipod)...
What's the difference between a Zune and an iPod anyway? I don't see/understand how any of them differ in purpose?
last_sd wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 8:33 am
has there been cheaper price on this HDD?

I am looking for WD externals.
I bet in the end you wind up with a Seagate drive inside lol. Also at the launch of NCIX BF sale they had Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM internal for $90 no MIR.
isitin wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 10:45 am
A Staples manager told me that all the vendors were not giving them big discounts on their merchandise so the deals were not going to be great this year.
vendors are distributors not the manufacturers. Ingram Micro, TechData, Synnex (I believe those are a few of their names).
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:07 am
Ordered an Apple iPod Touch 32GB Black (5th Gen) for $244 ($279 w/ $15-off $100 + $20-off $150 coupons).

Will tether my Android device with Mobilicity's cheap unlimited 4G data and iOS VoIP app and pretend that I have an iPhone 5. :)
Is this Mobilicity unlimited data available in Montreal? To prepaid?
yell0wduckie wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 9:32 pm
purchased this for 49.97 about 2 weeks ago!
Shows $250 now, how much was it when you posted the link? I find it hard to believe it went up more than $100 in a week.

I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
These I just wanted opinions/recommendations what is:
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
  • Better deal/quality than 800-Watt Cuisinart 5.5 Qt. Stand Mixer $279.99 Model: SM-55BCC futureshop web only boxing day flyer? 250-Watt Kitchenaid Mixer $100 in Futureshop liquidation flyer? Breville 550 Watt Steel Bench Mixer $199.99 Model: BREBEM800XL futureshop boxing day flyer?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
× < >