Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples.ca] Asus RT-AC3100 Wireless Dual-band Router - 299.69$ (includes free wireless adapter)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2016 1:28 pm
Sep 26, 2006
87 posts
8 upvotes

[Staples.ca] Asus RT-AC3100 Wireless Dual-band Router - 299.69$ (includes free wireless adapter)

Deal Link:
Price:
299.69$
Savings:
30.00$
Expiry:
August 30, 2016
The Asus RT-AC3100 Wireless Dual-band Router on sale at 299.69$ (30.00$ off until Aug 30th) and coupons can be applied to further lower the price. What makes the deal even more special is that it includes a free wireless Asus USB-AC56 Adapter (value 70.01$) with purchase of the router.

I reluctantly created a thread for the deal because I've never done one. I did add a post to the Newegg refurb thread for the same router but thought maybe few people would see it. Be kind guys I've never done this before. Thanks
Images
  • m003322514_sc7.jpg
9 replies
Feb 3, 2007
945 posts
112 upvotes
thanks for the post.

The price is not super good usually around the same price (~$319)

If you value the USB adapter it might be worth it.

cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Thanks for the post OP. Its always better to put something up and be told its cold than to hesitate and have others lose out on what could have been a hot deal. Having said that, I have a hard time justifying AC3100/3200 routers at $300 when AC1900 routers are just over $100 now although the adapter helps a lot here.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
flopticalcube wrote: Thanks for the post OP. Its always better to put something up and be told its cold than to hesitate and have others lose out on what could have been a hot deal. Having said that, I have a hard time justifying AC3100/3200 routers at $300 when AC1900 routers are just over $100 now although the adapter helps a lot here.
The AC3200 apparently sucked... the AC3100 is supposed to fix some of the issues the AC3200 had, specifically with range.
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
This deal looks interesting, I might be in the market for a new router and definitely need a wireless adapter. I have no clue what kind of specs to go for though, is this one good? I was considering just getting a few powerline adapters to go with my Shaw modem/router but maybe a separate, stronger router is best?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
atheoncrutch wrote: This deal looks interesting, I might be in the market for a new router and definitely need a wireless adapter. I have no clue what kind of specs to go for though, is this one good? I was considering just getting a few powerline adapters to go with my Shaw modem/router but maybe a separate, stronger router is best?
I owned the AC68R (same as AC68U), and don't find much difference in my network performance with the AC3100. The AC3100 does better when you have several devices connected to your network accessing local network shares, or streaming local audio/video.

Save yourself a few bucks, and just buy a refurb AC68U/AC68R.
Aug 28, 2009
23 posts
It comes up a 329.99 for me even with the code (57133) for then usb adaptor
Oct 3, 2007
377 posts
48 upvotes
fudge_u wrote:
atheoncrutch wrote: This deal looks interesting, I might be in the market for a new router and definitely need a wireless adapter. I have no clue what kind of specs to go for though, is this one good? I was considering just getting a few powerline adapters to go with my Shaw modem/router but maybe a separate, stronger router is best?
I owned the AC68R (same as AC68U), and don't find much difference in my network performance with the AC3100. The AC3100 does better when you have several devices connected to your network accessing local network shares, or streaming local audio/video.

What kind of max speeds do you get with wifi on your AC68? Also in the market to max out my 500mbits line but it gets capped at around 150 when using wifi. I've got the Asus N66 router.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
Morphius wrote:
fudge_u wrote:

What kind of max speeds do you get with wifi on your AC68? Also in the market to max out my 500mbits line but it gets capped at around 150 when using wifi. I've got the Asus N66 router.
My AC68R was sitting in the middle of my main floor. My NAS is hardwired into it. I frequently copied large files wirelessly from my laptop (on the second floor) to my NAS, and would be able to get speeds of 20-30MB/s. On average, I'd hit about 20-25MB/s.

I seem to achieve the similar speeds with the AC3100. I hope things improve through firmware updates.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)