Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Honeywell True HEPA Compact Air Purifier - $47.60 (was $119)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2014 11:17 am
Nov 29, 2011
486 posts
718 upvotes
London

[Staples] Honeywell True HEPA Compact Air Purifier - $47.60 (was $119)

Staples online has this Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover Compact Air Purifier with Permanent Filter on sale for $47.60, reg. price is $119. Seems like a good deal if you're looking for one and if this would fit your needs. Includes free shipping.

For comparison this unit sells for $99 at Walmart: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/honeywell-p ... 0012973000

$129.99 at Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/permane ... ier/845098

PRODUCT DETAILS
  • True HEPA Filters are 99.97% efficient at capturing microscopic particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, mould spores and pet dander
  • 3 cleaning levels
  • Carbon pre-filter helps reduce common household odours
  • Circulates room air up to 5 times per hour
  • Emits No Ozone from filtration process
  • Estimated AHAM CADR 50
  • Estimated Room Size 85 sq. ft.
  • Replacement Filter HRF-B2C
  • 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W9Xecjp.jpg[/IMG]
36 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1349 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
less than 100 sq ft... not sure if this is very useful
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
407 upvotes
[QUOTE]Estimated Room Size 85 sq. ft.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem to cover that much area...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2249 posts
704 upvotes
Toronto
gbssengo wrote: less than 100 sq ft... not sure if this is very useful
Pretty sure it will be useful, it just won't clean as thoroughly due to larger volume of air requiring cleaning, and likely it will require being cleaned more often.

If you absolutely need super clean air, then at this price it's easier to justify getting more than one, and put them in the opposite corners of the room.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
just checked, none of the filters are washable.

so how many years does it last and what's the replacement cost?

I missed the older sharp air filter units with washable carbon filter and HEPA filter lasts a few years.
Nov 29, 2011
486 posts
718 upvotes
London
sf1 wrote: is the filter washable? how many years does it last and what's the replacement cost?
I have a different, larger model Honeywell true HEPA model, which also has a lifetime HEPA filter so it isn't supposed to need to be replaced, but dependent on usage it may need to be replaced in 3-5 years...at least mine says that in the manual. You just vacuum it regularly to keep it clean. The carbon pre-filters which go around it should be replaced every few months, although I vacuum mine regularly also to help them last longer.

You can get a 2-pack for $16.99 at London Drugs: http://www.londondrugs.com/Honeywell-Pr ... lt,pd.html
Also at Best Buy for $19.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hon ... 09506.aspx

Here's a link to the product site which has the user manual: http://www.kaz-canada.com/kaz/air-purif ... c-deedCAN/
The True HEPA Permanent Filter is vacuum-able and should be cleaned regularly for optimum performance.

The stage 1 odour absorbing pre-filter (Model HRF-B2C) not only helps reduce odours, but also helps capture large air bourne particles that enter the rear grille. This pre-filter should be periodically replaced every 3 months as it will become covered with particles and fibres that will reduce filtration performance.

These air purifier models each have two electronic filter checks to remind you when to clean the True HEPA filter (s) or when to replace the Odour Absorbing pre-filter(s) based on the air cleaner’s hours of use.
When the True-HEPA filter(s) need to be cleaned, the light below “HEPA filter” will remain on until it is RESET. You may unplug the air cleaner without interrupting the filter check.
The light below “pre-filter” will illuminate when it is time to replace the pre-filter.
You should periodically check these filters. Depending on operating conditions, the True-HEPA filters should be cleaned regularly, and the odour absorbing
pre-filters should be replaced every 3 months, especially if there have been heavy odours in the home.
Jun 30, 2013
60 posts
25 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks OP,
In for one, order placed.
Oct 14, 2003
87 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
got 2 and used a 25$ coupon too.
80$ for both after taxes basically!
Jul 30, 2011
626 posts
915 upvotes
Durham region
MalayZN wrote: got 2 and used a 25$ coupon too.
80$ for both after taxes basically!
Nobody asked how loud these are. I have one. They're basically loud as a running car engine. Running two of these in the same room will probably make it sound like you're standing in an airport hanger.
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
Would it help with cooking odours too?
Nov 29, 2011
486 posts
718 upvotes
London
I don't know about this model specifically, but I run my larger unit on low, 24-7 and it's pretty quiet - it doesn't distract me or guests while watching TV or anything, and I sleep with it on. It is a bit noisy on high, but I usually only run it on high occasionally, like after cooking when I want to get rid of any smells quicker.
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
incongruent wrote: Nobody asked how loud these are. I have one. They're basically loud as a running car engine. Running two of these in the same room will probably make it sound like you're standing in an airport hanger.
Just read the amazon reviews and there are noise complaints. That's too bad. It's a great price but if it's that noisy, it may be worthwhile to pay extra for quieter one.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. And thanks also for the coupon reminder.
May 18, 2010
91 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
I've owned this one for about a year, and my GF keeps turning it off because of the noise. It doesn't bother me, but it does have a pretty distinct fan sound.
Sep 6, 2010
141 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know how much the electricity bill will go up running one 24/7? Thinking of picking one up. Let me know if you guys have any experience thanks
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
OOS online. Do they sell this in store?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)