Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples.ca

Staples Hyken 184.82$

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 7:47 pm
Mar 8, 2017
244 posts
551 upvotes

Staples Hyken 184.82$

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100$
Expiry:
March 28, 2017
Retailer:
Staples.ca
My first post :
Not sure if I'm posting this right but, I was looking for a office chair for a while and now saw it on sale. So I thought I might share it. Looks great and has a lot of good reviews.

32 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Personally...returned the chair after using it for 2 weeks

Sitting area is way too short...ends like halfway under leg no matter how i sat in it.

Got the Ikea one...forgot the name...night and day!
Mar 8, 2017
244 posts
551 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: Personally...returned the chair after using it for 2 weeks

Sitting area is way too short...ends like halfway under leg no matter how i sat in it.

I think it might be the Ikea Markus chair. I guess it depends how tall you are and the length of your legs. I'm 1m73-75. Oh well I'm gonna try it tonight and if it doesn't fit, I will return it.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
forgot to say..im not tall...5'8-9...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
mtlmonk wrote: Personally...returned the chair after using it for 2 weeks

Agreed. I bought one and it felt like it was cutting my legs off just above the knees. Didn't work for me. I'm about 5'8" too. Depends on the person I guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
dalex100 wrote: I think it might be the Ikea Markus chair. I guess it depends how tall you are and the length of your legs. I'm 1m73-75. Oh well I'm gonna try it tonight and if it doesn't fit, I will return it.
That's it...Markus...Leather I got...so comfortable and after a year...leather is intact.
Mar 8, 2017
244 posts
551 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: That's it...Markus...Leather I got...so comfortable and after a year...leather is intact.
I would've gone with that chair, it looks really confy, but the problem for me is that the armrests are not height adjustable.
Mar 9, 2017
1 posts
Bought this chair yesterday. I love it.

I am 5 feet 11 and about 245 lbs.

There is a 5 year warranty on this chair.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Great chair, I use it all the time for pc use and for gaming in front of the tv. The arm rests are the worst in the world, I had to cut an old gel wrist rest in two and put it on the arms, throw a sock over it so it stays in place, now it's the best chair I've had.
May 17, 2003
820 posts
742 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought this chair for my office 6 months ago and am very pleased with it. Very comfortable and the mesh seat has held up well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bought this about a year ago. Love it, and have recommended it to many others.

Don't forget to try and find Staples coupons to stack on top.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got this. Started squeaking under a year. The seat sagged a bit because I sometime hit it with a knee when i go to sit down. Back support jams into my lower back and doesnt lock into place, keeps resetting. Im 5'8 and 190 lb, wouldn't buy it again, not even if it were 100$.

Edit: Oh and the headrest is laughable removed it 30 seconds after installing it. I would of thrown it away if I wasn't a hoarder.
Mar 24, 2016
60 posts
105 upvotes
I bought this chair last time it was posted on RFD and personally I love it. Some people complain about the head rest but for me it's great. I can sit back with my feet up and head resting on the headrest, it's very comfortable for when I want to kick back and relax. Surprising to me to see all the headrest complaints, because for me it's perfect.

I do agree that the seat could be a little longer but it wasn't a deal breaker for me (I'm 5'11). Another plus for me is I have 3 cats and they don't claw the hell out of it like any fabric chair I've ever owned. They don't bother with it at all.

With this chair it seems like either you love it or you hate it so best advice I can give is that they usually have one set up in the store so just try it before you buy to see which camp your in.
Jan 26, 2013
132 posts
148 upvotes
Vaughan
I bought this chair back in the fall when it was on sale. I removed the headrest; it made me posture worse. I returned the chair after a few weeks, noticing that the mesh seat of the chair was starting to slightly sag (I could only imagine it would get worse) [I'm 5'9", 140 pounds]. Further, I felt that the back lumbar support was lacking.

This chair could be good for some people, but I would highly recommend trying it out at Staples before buying. It takes a fair amount of effort to assemble [45 minutes] and even more to disassemble and pack it back in the box to return it.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
moridach wrote: I bought this chair back in the fall when it was on sale. I removed the headrest; it made me posture worse. I returned the chair after a few weeks, noticing that the mesh seat of the chair was starting to slightly sag (I could only imagine it would get worse) [I'm 5'9", 140 pounds]. Further, I felt that the back lumbar support was lacking.

This chair could be good for some people, but I would highly recommend trying it out at Staples before buying. It takes a fair amount of effort to assemble [45 minutes] and even more to disassemble and pack it back in the box to return it.
No need to disassemble to return next time...returned mine assembled no problem at all
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1977 posts
1206 upvotes
Narkham
+ $25 off $100 coupon, $159? lowest price iirc.
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
thr333zy wrote: + $25 off $100 coupon, $159? lowest price iirc.
i see this chair come on sale all the time
Dec 26, 2011
909 posts
896 upvotes
thr333zy wrote: + $25 off $100 coupon, $159? lowest price iirc.
It was $142 - $10 (off $100) = $132 this last boxing week.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1977 posts
1206 upvotes
Narkham
divx wrote: i see this chair come on sale all the time
on sale all the time =/= lowest price.
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
thr333zy wrote: on sale all the time =/= lowest price.
then is this the lowest price?