Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples: Canon Elph 300HS camera $149, instore and online

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2012 8:35 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 3, 2001
99 posts
7 upvotes

[Staples] Staples: Canon Elph 300HS camera $149, instore and online

I just picked up a Canon Elph 300HS camera for $149 at Staples instore. (Website says price valid until Feb. 28) I also used a $15 off a $100 instore purchase coupon (check the Staples Coupon thread.) The coupon says you get a free $15 Staples gift card with $100 purchase but when the cashier entered the code, it just automatically took $15 off.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
exo123 wrote: I just picked up a Canon Elph 300HS camera for $149 at Staples instore. (Website says price valid until Feb. 28) I also used a $15 off a $100 instore purchase coupon (check the Staples Coupon thread.) The coupon says you get a free $15 Staples gift card with $100 purchase but when the cashier entered the code, it just automatically took $15 off.
Getting the store to accept the $15 online only coupon is very YMMV. But worst case, you just have to order online then. But if you don't have access to the Staples coupon, at least you can try to PM at BB/FS.
Dec 3, 2001
99 posts
7 upvotes
kmchow wrote: Getting the store to accept the $15 online only coupon is very YMMV. But worst case, you just have to order online then. But if you don't have access to the Staples coupon, at least you can try to PM at BB/FS.

The coupons are specifically for in-store use only, Feb. 23-Feb. 25. See the Staples coupon thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
When buying in store, do I need the physical coupon or can I just write down a code and bring it?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Bought and thanked.

Just so you guys know...black model = Made in Japan, red model = Made in China.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Like the OP, my coupon also scanned at the register as just $15 off the total, not as a gift card.
Dec 16, 2006
657 posts
223 upvotes
Central Ontario
ilove wrote: Bought and thanked.

Did you happen to notice where the silver model was made?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
No sorry. I would imagine it's made in China though. Because red = shiny body and black = sandpaper body
Dec 16, 2006
657 posts
223 upvotes
Central Ontario
ilove wrote: No sorry. I would imagine it's made in China though. Because red = shiny body and black = sandpaper body

thanks - black it is.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA

Nice heads up! Thanks! And thanks to OP.

Is there a source for the Japan vs China info? Or does it just say on the box?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
so the black-japan model is the way to go? China one has that supposed noise issue right?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
What's the noise issue about?
Oct 21, 2010
169 posts
23 upvotes
I bought a black one from sears last year. It's made in China. Yes, it's very noise when you zoom.
Troy_McClure wrote: so the black-japan model is the way to go? China one has that supposed noise issue right?
Aug 20, 2001
254 posts
62 upvotes
QC
ilove wrote: What's the noise issue about?
Yeah I would like to know too since I just bought the red one and indead it is made in China.

And by the way, its written on the box and also underneath the camera.

I would like to know if I should exchange it for the black one...
"Vive le Québec ... Vive le Québec libre !!!", Charles de Gaulle, July 24th 1967
My heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
This is a good deal, but the quality control on these 300HS cameras SUCK.
I bought one a month ago at Dell, black, made in China. HORRIBLE zoom noise zooming IN (retracting lens). Returned it.

Bought a silver one today at Staples. They made me get a $15 gift card and I could not talk them into removing $15 from my purchase.
Silver one is also made in China. Bad zoom noise zooming out (extending lens). Returned it a few hours after testing it.

Maybe I'm too picky, but every other Canon Elph camera I've owned had a nice quiet consistent zoom.
It's such a shame because the camera has an awesome lens and is awesome in the dark.

Guess I'll wait for a deal on the 110HS. That is the model that closest competes to the 300HS for 2012. It has the 24mm wide angle lens. AFAIK, the 310HS does not.
Always in search of a great deal....
Jul 16, 2008
447 posts
42 upvotes
Bought black one from Amazon.ca in Dec, made in China. I doubt any of these are made in Japan.

The battery that came with the camera was made in Japan, though.

And yeah, the noise when zooming in/out during video recording is the only thing I don't like about it. But not enough that'd make me return the camera/recommend against buying it.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
I got a black one from del....its made in china!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto

which one did you buy? Also, did it state on the box of the black model it was made in japan?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
I bought my black one from Bestbuy in the US and my red one from Staples. I guess it's safe to assume US models = Japan and Canadian = China.

Edit: haven't checked the boxes yet. Will go home tonight and report back

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)