Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Clearance Bluetooth Bike Speed and Cadence Sensor after 25% OFF YMMV: $15

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2016 7:31 pm
Tags:
Nov 24, 2008
133 posts
195 upvotes
Markham

[Staples] Clearance Bluetooth Bike Speed and Cadence Sensor after 25% OFF YMMV: $15

For the cyclists in the group. Staples has the Runtastic bluetooth speed and cadence sensor on clearance for $19.97 - 25%. Just over $16 taxes in.
It's a rebranded Wahoo sensor. Great if you're using Runstastic, or Strava to ride, and excellent for on the stationary trainer.
My local Staples (14th and Markham Rd) had half a dozen in stock.

Link to image:
http://imgur.com/znPgFey

Amazon is on glue selling it for $127CDN in comparison.
https://www.amazon.ca/Runtastic-Cadence ... +runtastic
53 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Going to look for this today. Interested to see the data on my 3 hour bike rides.

To clarify the 25% off.. I got this email a week ago from staples

Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
Nice find, was it just in a pile of clearance junk on a table?
Nov 24, 2008
133 posts
195 upvotes
Markham
They were in a basket on the clearance table when you walk in. With some other runtastic stuff. Heart rate sensor I believe.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2236 posts
569 upvotes
Kelowna
Kelowna staples had 3 of these and a bunch of other runtastic accessories like heart rate monitors. I picked up one of these, but it won't work with my spin bike due to the pedal sensor not being able to reach the main unit as the wheel is at the front, not the back. I picked up the heart rate monitor as well and i wanted to test it out, but you require the pro version of the software before you can. They do include an activation code for Runtastic Pro in the box.

I am unsure if I want to keep the heart rate monitor. It seems to get questionable reviews online. Lots of people saying it stops working entirely after a couple months.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1034 posts
1076 upvotes
Ottawa
I got mine in Ottawa South Keys location a few days ago. It was listed @ $40 and then there was the extra 25% off. It rung up at $20 and I though that I got a good deal. Maybe I didn't and the cashier was to apply the extra 25% after it scanned in. :-(
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1789 posts
509 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if this will work with cyclemeter app?
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
hmmm, Sinyk's post makes me wonder about these. CAN the runtastic cadence sensor be used with a GPS watch w/ bluetooth, or Strava, or is it branded and specifically locked to RUNTASTIC apps and software?

I'd get the cadence sensor to use on my Scott road bike and monitor with my TomTom Multisport but if it's like some of the POLAR products that are locked in to their own environment, I'm out.

Hope someone has some experience with this!
Feb 9, 2005
934 posts
242 upvotes
No sensors left at OP's site. Ask a friend to pick one up for me. Only HR monitors left.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8085 posts
3868 upvotes
Checked all 4 downtown Toronto locations. All had none except the one near Summerhill Station which has one left (I bought the other one).
Apr 12, 2004
253 posts
174 upvotes
Keep in mind that this sale is 25% off ALL clearance items. Not just the stuff thrown into the big bin-o-junk. I just bought a USB hub off the normal shelf location. I noticed it was on sale but didn't notice it was also clearance!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Picked up two at the Barton st location in Hamilton. None left there now. Thx again op
Nov 9, 2002
601 posts
261 upvotes
With 25% off the scale is $45+ tax....I also picked up the bike and heart rate monitor... All Bluetooth....$101.63 out the door for all three!
Mar 21, 2002
895 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone has an extra speed and cadence monitor in Vancouver I wouldn't mind it. PM me.
Mar 4, 2003
416 posts
43 upvotes
burnaby
thanks OP bought one.

check Staples Marine Way ( I saw 2), I bought one speed and Cadence sensor , tons of heart sensor.
Grayson M wrote: If anyone has an extra speed and cadence monitor in Vancouver I wouldn't mind it. PM me.
Mar 21, 2002
895 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn... gonna have to go there tomorrow I guess...
Nov 24, 2008
133 posts
195 upvotes
Markham
I can confirm it works with Strava. It detected the sensor right away as BSCBLE V1.5. Nothing to do with Runtastic. That's just a rebrand.
The package does contain an activation code to upgrade the free version of the app to the PRO version which uses sensors, and I can confirm that works as well, but isn't necessary to use it. Even Wahoo's app which is another rebrand works with it.

thecrashton wrote: hmmm, Sinyk's post makes me wonder about these. CAN the runtastic cadence sensor be used with a GPS watch w/ bluetooth, or Strava, or is it branded and specifically locked to RUNTASTIC apps and software?

I'd get the cadence sensor to use on my Scott road bike and monitor with my TomTom Multisport but if it's like some of the POLAR products that are locked in to their own environment, I'm out.

Hope someone has some experience with this!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)