Boxing Day 2019 Deals

[Staples] Free $15 Gift Card for first 30 customers in-store - Boxing Day

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:27 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 9, 2017
44 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Free $15 Gift Card for first 30 customers in-store - Boxing Day

11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1142 posts
463 upvotes
Sask
ryurouge wrote: At purchase or at enter.
Should be exact same as they did black Friday. If that is the case then it's upon entering the store.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1030 posts
905 upvotes
Vancouver
Only total of 10 people waiting for the store to open at 7am at the W Broadway location. BD sales is not like it used to be....
Sr. Member
Sep 22, 2016
733 posts
1320 upvotes
wranglery wrote: Only total of 10 people waiting for the store to open at 7am at the W Broadway location. BD sales is not like it used to be....
I remember I was lining up in front of future shop from 1am in heavy snow 10 years ago. And there were like 100 people lining up with me.. BD is truly dead
I love great flight deals, although it sucks that I only have 4 weeks of vacation per year 😢
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3684 posts
1200 upvotes
Ajax
wranglery wrote: Only total of 10 people waiting for the store to open at 7am at the W Broadway location. BD sales is not like it used to be....
I would line up for $50 or maybe $25 but $15, no.
Jr. Member
Apr 10, 2019
120 posts
195 upvotes
Ottawa
I walked in at 10am and got one. 30 customers in 3 hours. This means Boxing Day is officially dead. RIP.
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2012
514 posts
317 upvotes
Surrey
GrumpyOne1 wrote: I walked in at 10am and got one. 30 customers in 3 hours. This means Boxing Day is officially dead. RIP.
Lol, Boxing Day is not dead. The Metropolis mall in the lower mainland that I went to was extremely busy, so much so that it was actually kind of suffocating to be there.
Jr. Member
Apr 10, 2019
120 posts
195 upvotes
Ottawa
henrik112 wrote: Lol, Boxing Day is not dead. The Metropolis mall in the lower mainland that I went to was extremely busy, so much so that it was actually kind of suffocating to be there.
If it’s not dead it’s on life support. You clearly weren’t around in the late 90’s early 2000’s when lineups started at 9pm. Every single store was jam packed. Fights were breaking out left and right over $19 dvd players. Websites were crashing 4 minutes into the sale. You had to stand in line (queue) for hours with your virtual cart online just to process payment.

Those days are long gone.

This will be our generations equivalent of the boomers’ walk to school in waist deep snow every day uphill both ways.
Member
Apr 7, 2012
397 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
GrumpyOne1 wrote: If it’s not dead it’s on life support. You clearly weren’t around in the late 90’s early 2000’s when lineups started at 9pm. Every single store was jam packed. Fights were breaking out left and right over $19 dvd players. Websites were crashing 4 minutes into the sale. You had to stand in line (queue) for hours with your virtual cart online just to process payment.

Those days are long gone.

This will be our generations equivalent of the boomers’ walk to school in waist deep snow every day uphill both ways.
that was a case of slow technology back then; i am sure there is more online shopping being done on boxing day now than compared to previously, but you dont have the bottle necks to deal with.
Jr. Member
Apr 10, 2019
120 posts
195 upvotes
Ottawa
navyblue wrote: that was a case of slow technology back then; i am sure there is more online shopping being done on boxing day now than compared to previously, but you dont have the bottle necks to deal with.
I knew someone would come to say this. How do you explain Costco crashing on Black Friday this year? Nordstorm? Lowes and J Crew on BF 2018? Amazon on Prime Day 2018?

Sales were junk and no there was not more shopping being done just watch the news.
Jr. Member
Feb 28, 2015
125 posts
55 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
Lots of people at the Staples here I went to. (we have 3 stores) It depends where you are I guess.
I got there just after 5am going extra early and was the first one. The next person arrived already about 15-20 mins after I did. The manager came out with the gift cards well before the store opened, there was already 30 lined up. It was -15c too.

Maybe not a big gift card for some, but I got 4 packages of Tassimo coffee and 2 retractable erasers, and with the gift card it cost me only 1.58 which was a good deal for me.

Top