Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples High-Back Leather Racing Chair, Brown, $49.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 10:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16511 posts
3315 upvotes

[Staples] Staples High-Back Leather Racing Chair, Brown, $49.97

Probably OOS in GTA now. That was fast.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

[IMG]http://www.staples.ca/ENG/images/produc ... _1_enl.jpg[/IMG]

Large contoured seat and back
Tension and seat-height adjustment
Ergonomic, height-adjustable arms
Seat tilt and lock
Waterfall edge
Centre-tilt movement
Leather, Brown
47"–51"(H) x 26"(W) x 28"(D)
55 lb.
250 lb. capacity
Ready to assemble
Limited lifetime warranty

Filler items:

Can't speak to the quality, but the black version was selling for $249.91
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Thanks. Hope the color is better than depicted online.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16511 posts
3315 upvotes
Heh, for the price I'll take the risk.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1735 posts
243 upvotes
BC
i added it to cart.. it was oos by the time i checked out
Mar 9, 2009
387 posts
756 upvotes
Winnipeg
I am sitting on the black one right now. It is absolute garbage. There is no way it is worth $249. If you lean on it at all, the back support pushes further and further back, and is now to the point where I am either in a full recline, or sitting up straight without the back at all. A backless stool would be just as effective. If you want to take a chance with this price feel free, but do not expect a good quality chair.
May 10, 2008
279 posts
Scarborough
the order went through but im not getting a confirmation email. guess i didnt get it?
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
dwaldron wrote: I am sitting on the black one right now. It is absolute garbage. There is no way it is worth $249. If you lean on it at all, the back support pushes further and further back, and is now to the point where I am either in a full recline, or sitting up straight without the back at all. A backless stool would be just as effective. If you want to take a chance with this price feel free, but do not expect a good quality chair.
Not surprised. These chairs' prices are so massively inflated it's redic.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4409 posts
10632 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Reminds me of Captain Picard's chair, I'll look around locally, but not expecting much.

Is it real leather, or another pleather chair?
In the ad it says "Genuine leather seating surface". So take that for what it's worth. The quality of leather may be up for debate though, who knows.
Mar 9, 2009
387 posts
756 upvotes
Winnipeg
= an incredibly thin film of leather that peels in no time. Technically leather, but very, very thin......
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14957 posts
2917 upvotes
Toronto
dwaldron wrote: = an incredibly thin film of leather that peels in no time. Technically leather, but very, very thin......
At least they're using less animals to make these chairs (I guess).
May 22, 2011
331 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I bought 2 of these Ackerley managers chairs for $50 each in the States during black friday. I'm not sure I'd pay the full price, but they were a steal at $50.
Nov 22, 2012
290 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
From a mechanics point of view, the design is just odd. How would it be able to offer support to the back without connection to the armrest? I would imagine after certain amount of time, it will naturally become 'full recline'.

Was about to pull the trigger, but this is a killer.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4409 posts
10632 upvotes
frankbug wrote: From a mechanics point of view, the design is just odd. How would it be able to offer support to the back without connection to the armrest? I would imagine after certain amount of time, it will naturally become 'full recline'.

Was about to pull the trigger, but this is a killer.
I'm not sure this has much to do with it. The Global Concorde chair, a $1500 chair that is used in professional 24-hour workplaces, has the same design with arms not attached to the back. I've used it the Concorde personally and it's the best chair I've ever sat in. So IMO it's less about design and more about implementation.

Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4409 posts
10632 upvotes
Got this today. Exceeded my expectations, very solid. Looks better than photos. Thanks OP.
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sitting in this chair right now, too, and can confirm it's a total piece of ***** . "Leather" starts peeling within weeks. Recline lock barely holds, and will slip off if you lean back too long/with too much weight. The padding quickly thins to next-to-nothing on the rump. It squeaks and squeals with ever slight shifting of weight. Save your money. Decent at this price for maybe the first two weeks, then you will wish you bought ANYTHING else.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)