Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

*HOT* Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router R8000 $220+FS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2015 3:35 pm
Tags:
Dec 10, 2006
581 posts
163 upvotes
Kitchener
is the different between this and the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 worth the price difference? I posed the same question in that thread.... but I have a ton of devices on my network. Some wifi some using powerline adapters. My current router can't handle all these devices and I'm constantly loosing wifi internet access. Is the price upgrade worth it?

Thanks
Oct 6, 2012
33 posts
16 upvotes
NathanCS wrote: is the different between this and the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 worth the price difference? I posed the same question in that thread.... but I have a ton of devices on my network. Some wifi some using powerline adapters. My current router can't handle all these devices and I'm constantly loosing wifi internet access. Is the price upgrade worth it?

Thanks
It depends on the needs of your network. The difference is the AC3200 has 1 extra 5Ghz band in which provides better and balanced throughput for compatible devices. In terms of range, connectivity, and speed, the AC3200 is not a significant upgrade from the AC1900.
Dec 10, 2006
581 posts
163 upvotes
Kitchener
donbb7 wrote: It depends on the needs of your network. The difference is the AC3200 has 1 extra 5Ghz band in which provides better and balanced throughput for compatible devices. In terms of range, connectivity, and speed, the AC3200 is not a significant upgrade from the AC1900.
Okay, thanks for the advice. Hmmmm, Maybe I'll just get the X6 and not have to worry about upgrading again....ever lol. I'm using a currently using a DLink DIR-880L Wireless AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router and am not happy with it even with dd-wrt firmware installed.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I hesitated between this and the AC1900. Went with the latter as I've not enough 5 ghz devices to justify 100 bucks extra for the same hardware.
Aug 20, 2015
195 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
bought this router, some pencils and erasers totalling $6 (as i need them anyways lol) for $226 before gst, after GST, total is 237.30
great deal on this router
thx RFD and OP :D
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
jmichou wrote: I wonder which is better x6 or Asus RT-ac3300..i just got the Asus when itvwas on sale 2 weeks ago and paid $245..
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/ra ... 200/rev8/6
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
BinaryJay wrote: Meh... I just need a good reliable wifi AP *not* a router... nobody outside of very pricey commercial stuff seems to sell a decent AP that isn't trying to be a router and NAS and game console all in one these days for hundreds of dollars. After I switched all of my firewall and routing duties to pfsense I just can't go back to regular router land again no matter how "good" they are.

Can anybody recommend something more inexpensive than this that has just as good of a wifi chipset and antenna array? I really don't care about the other specifications.
I suspect that there really isn't much of a market for a high-spec consumer-class AP because most consumers just want a plug & play box and don't even know about pfSense. That would mean your choices are probably expensive industrial/commercial-class APs or high-spec consumer-class routers (or extenders) repurposed as an AP (with its other functions doing nothing but adding to its price).
But you can at least DIY the antenna side of things, so maybe you can settle on a decent router with replaceable antennae and use high-gain ones (which you can make yourself, cheap) aimed at your useage areas. Unless you really need omnidirectional, in which case you probably can't do much with the signal (except boost it at the transmitter beyond legal limits and mess up everyone around you, of course; but even then you'd still need to boost every device as well, or use boosted extenders throughout your useage areas - so much for cost & convenience).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4608 upvotes
Mississauga
The 30$ coupon is no longer working as it keeps saying that this coupon has been used before.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
jadoogar wrote: The 30$ coupon is no longer working as it keeps saying that this coupon has been used before.
$30 coupon still works

if you have ebates
got thru ebates get 3% cash back
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
I'm going to give the OnHub a shot. As long as I can change the DNS I'm happy. If it actually works in my bedroom and on my deck, it will be worth every penny.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)