Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

HOT Two Day Canada Day Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 9:11 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
NG wrote: These two look interesting. However, fwiw by comparison Superstore has a Sandisk 16 GB for $5.97 on sale this week but if you need the space divided by two you could do worse.

For the laptop, although this screen size is bigger, I'm wondering if there'll be a flood of cheap Windows 8 tablets soon, like Android tablets, from companies like Curtis/Proscan and Venturer/RCA now that Windows is giving away licenses for free for tablets less than 9".
I bought the same laptop about 1 year or so ago, only with 80GB SSD, for $17x.xx. Nice condition cosmetically, pretty snappy for basic stuff, but the battery crapped out within about 3 months. I replaced with a bigger capacity one for $40, and everything's been fine since.
May 9, 2008
674 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: What coupon site?
Rfd blocks the place but if you google $20 off $100 purchase you should find it.
Mar 7, 2010
438 posts
271 upvotes
North GTA
Why would RFD block it?
intotech wrote: Rfd blocks the place but if you google $20 off $100 purchase you should find it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Mr ILIA wrote: Why would RFD block it?
Because it's a competitor, and said competitor gets money every time somebody uses one of the coupons.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I bought the same laptop about 1 year or so ago, only with 80GB SSD, for $17x.xx. Nice condition cosmetically, pretty snappy for basic stuff, but the battery crapped out within about 3 months. I replaced with a bigger capacity one for $40, and everything's been fine since.
Did you get it at Staples?
LNahid2000 wrote: What coupon site?
I believe it is retail me not dot ca and then go to the Staples page.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Banned
Jan 14, 2015
1586 posts
84 upvotes
I don't see why people are saying it's too old or people saying it's a bad processor. These ave probably offloaded and used for about 3 years and sitting in the back of staples storage room. The processor is more than adequate to run Windows and normal use for a computer of this size and it's a up. I'd never buy a used computer but this seems like a solid deal
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1889 posts
1445 upvotes
NG wrote: Good point about the age. I didn't realize it was so old but I guess it depends on how much it had been used.

However, it is pushing me to consider this one for that's new and comes with Win8.1 installed for the same price but posters are saying it has it's own issues for specs:

ld-pre-release-proscan-windows-8-1-tabl ... st22907335
I'd take the Dell over that one (although comparing a tablet to a laptop isn't exactly apples to apples). The Dell has a hard drive (which you could probably upgrade to an SSD for $60), twice as much RAM and the brand name isn't Proscan. The hardware will be more than sufficient for surfing/email/Youtube/Facebook. Assuming the Windows 10 update goes okay the OS isn't really an issue.
Nov 2, 2004
360 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
Is anyone else able to login to the Staples website? I'm getting an error.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
Stooples = Scroodges. What you want from a bunch of scroodges? Move forward!
My signature was deleted by RFD because my truth is inconvenient for them. Be aware!
Jun 7, 2011
205 posts
130 upvotes
Yellowknife, NT
Greasy wrote: Huh, that Gila mouse seems alright. Reviews aren't bad... I've been looking for an MMO mouse at a reasonable price to try out for AutoCAD and Revit.
I picked up one for my younger brother for DOTA 2