Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples: HP 1TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive &69.91

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2012 11:02 pm
Tags:
None
17 replies
Feb 4, 2010
408 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
Interesting.

Any idea about the HDD inside?
Nov 12, 2004
151 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone please confirm the Drive specs inside?

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
I just picked up the 1 terabyte HP drive with the $25 off coupon, not bad for $50 bucks, makes it 50 cent a gig.
Don't go for the 1.5T Seagate drive I mentioned earlier, so many people on Amazon reported drive failures just prior to loud clicking sounds. Once I get the drive I am getting rid of that crappy HP backup software.
Jun 3, 2012
1 posts
astrotrain wrote: not bad for $50 bucks, makes it 50 cent a gig.

Lucky for you, it's actually not 50 cents a gig (that's old cheapo SSD pricing). It's more like 5 cents!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: Don't go for the 1.5T Seagate drive I mentioned earlier, so many people on Amazon reported drive failures just prior to loud clicking sounds. Once I get the drive I am getting rid of that crappy HP backup software.

B.S.

I have that drive from the last Staples sale. I have been using it like non-stop, with very heavy load for the past two weeks (24/7 spinning), I have disabled the idle mode also, no issues.

People get in trouble with this drive when they leave it at default settings and plug it into a router, then it goes into sleep mode and never wakes up. Until you turn it off completely, then on again. Just disable sleep mode using the Seagate software and you will be good to go.
Feb 7, 2010
244 posts
42 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: I just picked up the 1 terabyte HP drive with the $25 off coupon, not bad for $50 bucks, makes it 50 cent a gig.
Don't go for the 1.5T Seagate drive I mentioned earlier, so many people on Amazon reported drive failures just prior to loud clicking sounds. Once I get the drive I am getting rid of that crappy HP backup software.

If you don't mind me asking, where/How did you get a $25 off coupon?
Jan 17, 2010
425 posts
170 upvotes
rg1980 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, where/How did you get a $25 off coupon?

same question
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
rg1980 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, where/How did you get a $25 off coupon?
I got it in the mail, $25 off 75 staples coupon, added a notebook to get to 75, whole thing $56 after tax. You have to sign up for the Staples newsletter to possibly get the coupons.

other note: On the Seagate drive seemed like a better deal but the amazon reviews spooked me away.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm using the 2TB HP I bought for $90 a couple weeks ago from stOOpleS. I swapped the hard drive into my main desktop and took out a 750GB 7200RPM WD to use in the external. Reassembled and tried to use the external with one of my Bell 6131 receivers to make it a PVR.......but the 6131 doesn't like it. I think the USB 3 connection which gets screwed directly to the hard drive is screwing it up :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)