• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 2:59 pm
May 25, 2015
170 posts
135 upvotes
London, ON
awais wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 12:31 am
Just to provide clarity to everyone, I registered for HP Instant Ink right away once i got the printer. The ones that come with the printer will not count towards your count. After you register, they ship you a new set of ink cartridges which are instant ink ready and even tell you not to install them until your current ones run out.

Email:
Does that mean I can put back in my original cartridge which came with the printer when I run out the monthly limit of instant ink? Or once you put in instant ink cartridge the regular cartridge won't work?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1378 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
swar12894 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 9:39 am
Does that mean I can put back in my original cartridge which came with the printer when I run out the monthly limit of instant ink? Or once you put in instant ink cartridge the regular cartridge won't work?
Not sure about that, i would assume it wouldnt since it detects instant ink ready cartridges by the chip on them?

From their website:
Page counts are not recorded in real time. Printed pages are automatically recorded about once per day and reflected in your Print History on the date they were printed provided that the printer is connected to the Internet via WiFi or Ethernet. If pages are printed when the printer is not connected to the Internet (offline), those pages will be recorded on the date the printer comes back online. Pages printed without using Instant Ink cartridges are not recorded.
Aug 31, 2012
180 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else having trouble signing up for instant ink? It’s saying that it is not available in my country. But I have it with a previous HP printer bought from Costco. Got this one for the instant ink and the faxing capabilities. Wonder if calling in would work?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1378 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Maplesugar25 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 3:42 pm
Anyone else having trouble signing up for instant ink? It’s saying that it is not available in my country. But I have it with a previous HP printer bought from Costco. Got this one for the instant ink and the faxing capabilities. Wonder if calling in would work?
https://hpinstantink.ca
Oct 9, 2019
14 posts
1 upvote
Did pick up mine, installed HP smart on my iPhone to set it up. Used original inks. it was very straightforward setting it up and sinning up for instant ink using the app.
The app offered 4 month of free printing and as many advised did a quick google search to find one more code for 1 month of free + another referral code for 1 month, so six month in total.

- Printing using original cartridges counts toward your monthly prints. Waiting to receive my ink shipment.
- You have 7 days to accept the 4 months free offer from the time you set up the printer I believe.
- Once you chose one of the non-free plans, you cannot switch to free plan any more, but you can cancel or switch between paid plans anytime.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2964 posts
1399 upvotes
calgaryleb wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 8:41 pm
I Signed up for the 4 month free trial on the 10$ plan.

afterwards can i downgrade to the light/free plan?
The downgrade plan option i only see the other paid plans
No, you cannot downgrade to the free plan once you are on a paid plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1378 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Just an update for everyone wondering: I can confirm that the original ink included does become part of instant ink as soon as you register it online. The pages printed from the original ink are being counted towards the monthly limit on hpinstantink.ca