Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 10:01 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4050 posts
2993 upvotes
Markham
lincoln wrote: An inkjet. People still buy these over laser?
People still throw up obsolete one liners?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 13, 2017
159 posts
235 upvotes
Halifax
tofubb wrote: I think so, 123ink is selling the generic one, but not much cheaper. I may just wait for the sale at Costco or join the instant ink program.
Staples has a special ink program for the 8720, didn’t get much details about it since I got the 8710.
From 123ink website directly: https://www.123inkjets.com/HP/Remanufac ... oduct.html
" I have an HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer and all the inks that I bought did not work in my printer so I had to buy the original HP cartridges for my printer to work. So I had to get rid of all the ink cartridges that I had originally brought because they were refurbished and my printer would not work with refurbished cartridges. Unless I am reimburse with HP original cartridges I would not recommend this product to anybody."
[OP]
Member
Dec 17, 2009
459 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
SavvyShopperCa wrote: From 123ink website directly: https://www.123inkjets.com/HP/Remanufac ... oduct.html
" I have an HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer and all the inks that I bought did not work in my printer so I had to buy the original HP cartridges for my printer to work. So I had to get rid of all the ink cartridges that I had originally brought because they were refurbished and my printer would not work with refurbished cartridges. Unless I am reimburse with HP original cartridges I would not recommend this product to anybody."
Thanks for the information. I didn’t read the reviews, since the price is not attractive at all.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
2901 posts
1607 upvotes
Kitchener
Good deal, might be a good time for an upgrade.

I already have the HP Insta Ink Program, so I guess just a matter of changing the profile. Thx
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 31, 2012
1237 posts
561 upvotes
Guelph
How do we feel about the 8720 over the 8710? Im a sucker for the larger screen, and its faster. Looks like it's worth the $30 difference, but like the black better.
Newbie
May 25, 2010
30 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
A few questions for you guys.

Is the ink program mandatory for this printer?

Also does the scanner work when the ink is out? I have an HP printer that is out of yellow ink and I can’t use the scanner function.

How long is this on sale for?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1813 posts
560 upvotes
LawEightSix wrote: How do we feel about the 8720 over the 8710? Im a sucker for the larger screen, and its faster. Looks like it's worth the $30 difference, but like the black better.
Was in the same predicament last Christmas. But to my knowledge, the 8720 can duplex scan pages (i.e. scans front and back automatically). That's something I use the printer for tbh. I'm not sure if the 8710 can do that.

Edit: Found these links. It's not much but may help your decision
https://damorashop.com/hp-officejet-pro-8710-vs-8720/
https://reviewfinder.com/top-inkjet-pri ... -pro-8720/

Main difference is speed. So if that's not a concern 8710 for $40 is a steal IMHO
Sr. Member
Mar 28, 2011
692 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the equivalent hp printer to these that are eligible for the free instant ink plan? I need one for legal size and auto duplex scanning.

I see the free plan mostly offered with the cheaper HP ENVY trim.

Have a broken hp office jet pro 8500 that I can trade in.
I have a 2nd 8500 that is also kinda broken since it keeps cleaning the nozzle head and needs calibration all the time. I don’t print enough each month so the free 15 page/month is perfect for my use.
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2013
198 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Second link seems to imply the 8720 has an ADF while the 8710 does not? BTW, where is the $60 trade-in link? Nvmd...the 8710 obviously has an ADF.
[OP]
Member
Dec 17, 2009
459 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
GlenFry wrote: A few questions for you guys.

Is the ink program mandatory for this printer?

No, you can enroll in/out anytime.

Also does the scanner work when the ink is out? I have an HP printer that is out of yellow ink and I can’t use the scanner function.

How long is this on sale for?

The trade in program is good till April 2.
[OP]
Member
Dec 17, 2009
459 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Pbc100 wrote: Second link seems to imply the 8720 has an ADF while the 8710 does not? BTW, where is the $60 trade-in link? Nvmd...the 8710 obviously has an ADF.
8720 has legal size scan glass, but 8710 only has A4 size scan glass. But both can scan/copy legal size doc though ADF
Newbie
Jan 12, 2017
31 posts
17 upvotes
In staples right now, and they're telling me the deal only works if you trade in an older model 8710 or 8720...?

Top