Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:05 pm
Mar 1, 2011
307 posts
165 upvotes
Saskatoon
imoo2u wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 3:23 pm
Here is my shopping experience ...

Too bad, had to leave my old working -matrix printer (parallel port) behind Crying Face
So sad to leave the dear and familiar old but working printer behind and have to deal with this new technologically confusing printer. Crying FaceCrying Face

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Feb 15, 2017
152 posts
40 upvotes
Omydeal wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 3:24 pm
deals46 wrote: ↑ Just back from a Costco run... stopped to ask about the cartridge refill. Was told that they do NOT refill the starter cartridges and I have to purchase/have the regular cartridges (which can be refilled for $13.99 each). Anyone have experience with this?

Kinda weird, If they are replacing the chips it wouldn't matter if they are starter cartridges or not. The starter cartridges can take the the same capacity as a standard cartridge. If they aren't replacing the chips then the printer will throw an error because they are "setups"
I found one video that stated starter pack can be reused as regular one. Not sure as I have not tried it myself.
Edit: I misheard, he instead said he had problem with starter cartridges (@10:48).
So it may be best to not use them.

Here are others that you may find useful.

If you go down the route of refilling them yourselves, I found that air bleed attachment for the syringes to fill used cartridges from retailers can be bought from Aliexpress.

Last edited by slomoo on Apr 11th, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2019
2 posts
Does anyone have a link to information about this printer trade-in rebate? Can't seem to find it anywhere online. Printers see to be sold out everywhere already though :/
Oct 27, 2017
99 posts
33 upvotes
SpicyComments wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 4:45 pm
Does anyone have a link to information about this printer trade-in rebate? Can't seem to find it anywhere online. Printers see to be sold out everywhere already though :/
Because it is only displayed in store. But I do find it odd how only Staples participating in this HP promo. All of us could be harassing Best Buy or Canada Computers instead of poor Staples.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4271 posts
1645 upvotes
Omydeal wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 3:24 pm
Kinda weird, If they are replacing the chips it wouldn't matter if they are starter cartridges or not. The starter cartridges can take the the same capacity as a standard cartridge. If they aren't replacing the chips then the printer will throw an error because they are "setups"
probably related to some weird legality only lawyers would understand.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
265 posts
290 upvotes
vancouver
quesnel153 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 6:49 pm
Bought today two Printer with Coupon
Williams Lake! You guys have all the stocks
Mar 1, 2011
307 posts
165 upvotes
Saskatoon
SpicyComments wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 4:45 pm
staples.jpg
Note that it says while supplies last. The extended deadline and application of the deal to the purchase of any new HP printer is in store at any Staples branch in the printer aisle.
Jan 29, 2017
178 posts
88 upvotes
yyzrush wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 1:06 pm
For all you peeps who live in the lower mainland:

The Staples store at 1055 West Georgia will be getting these printers(HP 8710) today (Wednesday) from the ware house. I just checked with the associate. Her name was Clevy. Please call and then order online. Apparently this particular store has a different supply chain management at the warehouse in Burnaby. If approved you will get an email and go to the store to collect.

I picked mine from 1322 West Broadway. I was told that was the last one they had in store.

As for the rebate all Staple stores know about the printer trade in program. Any Printer make and model will do. All the stores I called acknowledged that this promo is in place until end of the month.

Also if you are OK with open box HP 8710 go to Staples at 901 Seymour downtown Vancouver. They will give you further 10% off and also do the printer trade in for you. Spoke to store associate Andy.

Wish you guys all the best ...Cheers.
called this store (and my local one 10 times throughout the day), can't even get a hold of them. i live an hour from vancouver so don't want to risk driving out there sight unseen.

dropped by the local store after work and they said it was discontinued, wouldn't even check their stock.

also i don't see how to search any stores online to see if the item is in stock anywhere(?)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2364 posts
2380 upvotes
Montreal
stagefright wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:23 pm
called this store (and my local one 10 times throughout the day), can't even get a hold of them. i live an hour from vancouver so don't want to risk driving out there sight unseen. dropped by the local store after work and they said it was discontinued, wouldn't even check their stock. also i don't see how to search any stores online to see if the item is in stock anywhere(?)

Follow this link.

Click "Check Availability" Enter "Vancouver" or "V1A" or a specific postal code... Select 100km

Stock tracking doesn't seem to be working ATM for this product.

Odds are low that there are still stock though.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4271 posts
1645 upvotes
Sale ends on Sunday, unless Friday's flyer indicates they extended this sale otherwise this is over in a few days.
Apr 9, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
I was in the area and went to check again.They are sold out. The associate told me they received 10 of them wed morning and was mostly booked online. Your best bet is open box .Not sure about the level of ink though. The store at 901 Seymour told me that they will give you a further 10% off and honour the trade in rebate as well. I spoke to Andy the store associate. Best wishes mate.
Apr 9, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
stagefright wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:23 pm
called this store (and my local one 10 times throughout the day), can't even get a hold of them. i live an hour from vancouver so don't want to risk driving out there sight unseen.

dropped by the local store after work and they said it was discontinued, wouldn't even check their stock.

also i don't see how to search any stores online to see if the item is in stock anywhere(?)
I was in the area and went to check again.They are sold out. The associate told me they received 10 of them wed morning and was mostly booked online. Your best bet is open box .Not sure about the level of ink though. The store at 901 Seymour told me that they will give you a further 10% off and honour the trade in rebate as well. I spoke to Andy the store associate. Best wishes mate.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
265 posts
290 upvotes
vancouver
Williams Lake has 20+ and Duncan has 10+ yesterday, but both of them show 0+ now. I believe they are shipping the BC interior’s stock to Vancouver. Just keep checking.