Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 10:01 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
424 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
FritzToch wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:48 pm
Yes, it does. I don't have a way of posting images here but yes, it says instant ink on the box, in the packaged documentation, on the included cartridges, everywhere. They really want you to use II.
They told me the started ink is part of the instant ink program if the instant ink ready sign is printed on the box. But seem like it is not truth. You got the sign but your started ink was not part of the program.
Thanks for the confirmation. I still can’t figure out why some do and some don’t .
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
tofubb wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:03 pm
They told me the started ink is part of the instant ink program if the instant ink ready sign is printed on the box. But seem like it is not truth. You got the sign but your started ink was not part of the program.
Thanks for the confirmation. I still can’t figure out why some do and some don’t .
Exactly. The box and docs say then included ink is "Instant Ink Ready". I installed the cartridges, signed up for II, and the webpage on the printer says: "HP 952 INSTANT INK READY" on all 4 cartridges and my II account page says "Ink Status: Your service hasn't started yet. We shipped you ink, however your billing won't begin until you install an HP Instant Ink cartridge. Use your current cartridges until empty, then install the shipped ink."
I have already received the II cartridges but I plan to use up the included ink first.

On a side note, I wonder if the confusion about the free tiers is because HP has different II plans for US and Canada, and the reps that some people are getting are not aware they are talking to a Canadian customer?
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
424 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
FritzToch wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:12 pm
Exactly. The box and docs say then included ink is "Instant Ink Ready". I installed the cartridges, signed up for II, and the webpage on the printer says: "HP 952 INSTANT INK READY" on all 4 cartridges and my II account page says "Ink Status: Your service hasn't started yet. We shipped you ink, however your billing won't begin until you install an HP Instant Ink cartridge. Use your current cartridges until empty, then install the shipped ink."
I have already received the II cartridges but I plan to use up the included ink first.

On a side note, I wonder if the confusion about the free tiers is because HP has different II plans for US and Canada, and the reps that some people are getting are not aware they are talking to a Canadian customer?
I believe we have same set of plans, just different prices.
Before you set up your account, they may need to pay extra attention to figure out where are you calling from
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2500 posts
2778 upvotes
tofubb wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:26 pm
I believe we have same set of plans, just different prices.
Before you set up your account, they may need to pay extra attention to figure out where are you calling from
Any chance you can have a summary added for instant ink best signup steps ? Too many opinions and approaches.
Oct 27, 2017
404 posts
278 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:40 pm
Any chance you can have a summary added for instant ink best signup steps ? Too many opinions and approaches.
The main point for us OfficeJet Pro series owners than aren't supposedly eligible for the free 15 page plan, you will have first create a paid account and then have a support agent override and change to the free plan. Just a matter of finding one that knows what to do.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2259 posts
310 upvotes
London
Seems a great chance to grab a new printer!
No external links in signatures.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5439 posts
2258 upvotes
Capture.JPG
Have you guys gone to the instant ink page and tried to sign up? It is missing the free option to choose from as one of the primary steps. Not sure what to make of it.
Oct 27, 2017
404 posts
278 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:45 pm
Have you guys gone to the instant ink page and tried to sign up? It is missing the free option to choose from as one of the primary steps. Not sure what to make of it.
Again, the Pro line isn't supposed to be eligible for the free 15 page plan. Create account with the $3.99 plan and get the free 2 month trial. Contact Instant Ink support to get an override to downgrade to the free plan.
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
eelw11 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:57 pm
The main point for us OfficeJet Pro series owners than aren't supposedly eligible for the free 15 page plan, you will have first create a paid account and then have a support agent override and change to the free plan. Just a matter of finding one that knows what to do.
This was my experience. There was a free plan in the list, until I selected my printer as 8720 and the free option disappeared.
Jan 26, 2018
620 posts
287 upvotes
Just saw the 8720 is on this week's flyer (starts Apr 17), does it mean they will restock the printer? It seems it's OOS everywhere,
wondering if I can order it online and choose to pick up and adjust for trade in price when I pick it up? is it doable?
Thanks.
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
OOS within 100km of Scarborough on both the 8710 and 8720 as of 8:50am. Not even "0+" available. I still have one old dead printer to trade...
Oct 27, 2017
404 posts
278 upvotes
Enroled in Instant Ink Saturday morning. Ink has finally been processed and shipping label created. So hopefully will get the cartridges in 4-5 business days via Canada Post
Mar 13, 2013
218 posts
75 upvotes
LONDON
Assuming on-line stock, how does trade-in work if one order it online and ship it to 1) home, or 2) store pick up?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2500 posts
2778 upvotes
chene7 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 9:46 am
Assuming on-line stock, how does trade-in work if one order it online and ship it to 1) home, or 2) store pick up?
Only store pickup available, once you get the pickup confirmation, you go there, return and rebuy it. Store pickup acts like reserving it.

Edit: correction, looks like shipping is now available. Most probably you would have to go to store return and rebuy once you have received it.
Last edited by PriceHunter on Apr 17th, 2019 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.