Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Hyken™ Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black, 50% off ($142.41)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 4:45 am
Aug 24, 2005
679 posts
242 upvotes
Etobicoke
had 25 off $75 coupon and applied it to purchase one of these chairs. Pretty sweet coupon they mailed me.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1344 posts
456 upvotes
Calgary
I just bought one earlier. How much assembly is required?
Mar 5, 2016
24 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How do you get those? Do you just subscribe to their email list?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5356 posts
768 upvotes
Mont-Royal
exyzee wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:33 am
How do you get those? Do you just subscribe to their email list?
no i think u have to request them to send u by mail, canadapost
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1705 posts
285 upvotes
qwerty0123 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 9:28 pm
Found a way to mod the headrest heightHere.
Oh that's genius. I have the hyken and I'm short and even I find the angle of the head rest weird. I will try this.
Nov 15, 2005
495 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
thanks op bought one with 25$ off coupon for total of 134.99$ taxin.
HOBBY: HOT DEALS HUNTER!
Feb 25, 2006
211 posts
24 upvotes
Went from the Ikea Markus to the Hyken. I've been using the Hyken for just over a year now and absolutely love it, for a person under 5'8 I would definitely recommend the Hyken over the Markus (as long as you're not obese) as the headrest and adjustable arms can make for the perfect fit. I used the Markus for over 3 years and although it looked great I found it giving me lower back problems with extended use and the thin armrests aren't as comfy as one would hope (although they're great for doing dips on the spot lol). The bonded leather/pleather on the Markus headrest started to fray quite a bit and looked terrible by the end.

Summary:
Ikea Markus
+ Suited for taller individuals (5'10+)
+ Looks better
+ Very sturdy, never had any structural issues
+ Comfortable for taller individuals (gave my chair to a 6'2 friend - he loved it)
- Not for shorter individuals (headrest not at optimal level, static armrests, lumbar support too high)
- Cheap material (pleather)
- Can get uncomfortable with prolonged use (for a short person)

Staples Hyken
+ Perfect for those 5'8 and under
+ Neck rest is super comfortable, adjustable armrests work good
+ Meshed fabric is nice on a hot days
- Seat can get uncomfortable at times
- Uncomfortable for those 5'10+
- You need to remove keys and hard edged objects in your back pocked while sitting to avoid potential damage to the seat

Hope this info helps!

Cheers
Jul 5, 2007
191 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cheapowill wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:28 pm
had 25 off $75 coupon and applied it to purchase one of these chairs. Pretty sweet coupon they mailed me.
Whaa? I haven't seen one of those mailed to us in months!
Mar 5, 2016
24 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
oooh actual mail. Thanks!
Mar 5, 2016
24 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
how heavy are you if you don't mind me asking? Has it sagged on you yet?
I'm 5'7 220lbs, wonder if it'll last long.
Apr 25, 2017
25 posts
50 upvotes
if you go through ebates, there should be a $10 off $100 coupon. I used that one since I don't have the $25 off coupon people got in the mail.
Jul 11, 2015
209 posts
97 upvotes
Victoria, BC
exyzee wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:19 pm
I'm 6"1 and 165lbs(I know, model size), will this chair be good for me? or is it a tall mans kryptonite? I have been using a mesh ikea chair i bought used for like $5, but it sucks. i just use a pillow, to soften the landing, and my butt always gets sore after an hour or so. I probably need a new desk too. Its too low.... or maybe i should raise it up on some casters...
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Nov 22, 2012
334 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver
jointedhornet wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:05 pm
I'm 6"1 and 165lbs(I know, model size), will this chair be good for me? or is it a tall mans kryptonite? I have been using a mesh ikea chair i bought used for like $5, but it sucks. i just use a pillow, to soften the landing, and my butt always gets sore after an hour or so. I probably need a new desk too. Its too low.... or maybe i should raise it up on some casters...
This chair isn't for tall people.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5356 posts
768 upvotes
Mont-Royal
exyzee wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:19 pm
i think you need to lose some weight buddy, so you can live longer and post more often in rfd :) for your own good!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Mar 5, 2016
24 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
L4cky wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:09 pm
i think you need to lose some weight buddy, so you can live longer and post more often in rfd :) for your own good!
Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. I know I need to spend more time on cardio while at the instead of bulking it's hard when you can only do low impact exercises. I'm just slowly cutting while getting my injured knees(ball is life) treated.,

I really Just want a good chair for work.