Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Hyken™ Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black, 50% off ($142.41)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 4:45 am
Nov 15, 2005
723 posts
411 upvotes
Montreal
thanks op bought one with 25$ off coupon for total of 134.99$ taxin.
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 39,99$
Feb 25, 2006
285 posts
56 upvotes
Went from the Ikea Markus to the Hyken. I've been using the Hyken for just over a year now and absolutely love it, for a person under 5'8 I would definitely recommend the Hyken over the Markus (as long as you're not obese) as the headrest and adjustable arms can make for the perfect fit. I used the Markus for over 3 years and although it looked great I found it giving me lower back problems with extended use and the thin armrests aren't as comfy as one would hope (although they're great for doing dips on the spot lol). The bonded leather/pleather on the Markus headrest started to fray quite a bit and looked terrible by the end.

Summary:
Ikea Markus
+ Suited for taller individuals (5'10+)
+ Looks better
+ Very sturdy, never had any structural issues
+ Comfortable for taller individuals (gave my chair to a 6'2 friend - he loved it)
- Not for shorter individuals (headrest not at optimal level, static armrests, lumbar support too high)
- Cheap material (pleather)
- Can get uncomfortable with prolonged use (for a short person)

Staples Hyken
+ Perfect for those 5'8 and under
+ Neck rest is super comfortable, adjustable armrests work good
+ Meshed fabric is nice on a hot days
- Seat can get uncomfortable at times
- Uncomfortable for those 5'10+
- You need to remove keys and hard edged objects in your back pocked while sitting to avoid potential damage to the seat

Hope this info helps!

Cheers
Jul 5, 2007
237 posts
91 upvotes
Guelph
Cheapowill wrote: had 25 off $75 coupon and applied it to purchase one of these chairs. Pretty sweet coupon they mailed me.
Whaa? I haven't seen one of those mailed to us in months!
Mar 5, 2016
29 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
oooh actual mail. Thanks!
Mar 5, 2016
29 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
how heavy are you if you don't mind me asking? Has it sagged on you yet?
I'm 5'7 220lbs, wonder if it'll last long.
Apr 25, 2017
157 posts
373 upvotes
if you go through ebates, there should be a $10 off $100 coupon. I used that one since I don't have the $25 off coupon people got in the mail.
Jul 11, 2015
371 posts
195 upvotes
edmonton, ab
exyzee wrote: how heavy are you if you don't mind me asking? Has it sagged on you yet?
I'm 6"1 and 165lbs(I know, model size), will this chair be good for me? or is it a tall mans kryptonite? I have been using a mesh ikea chair i bought used for like $5, but it sucks. i just use a pillow, to soften the landing, and my butt always gets sore after an hour or so. I probably need a new desk too. Its too low.... or maybe i should raise it up on some casters...
~You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.~
Nov 22, 2012
336 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
jointedhornet wrote: I'm 6"1 and 165lbs(I know, model size), will this chair be good for me? or is it a tall mans kryptonite? I have been using a mesh ikea chair i bought used for like $5, but it sucks. i just use a pillow, to soften the landing, and my butt always gets sore after an hour or so. I probably need a new desk too. Its too low.... or maybe i should raise it up on some casters...
This chair isn't for tall people.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
exyzee wrote: how heavy are you if you don't mind me asking? Has it sagged on you yet?
i think you need to lose some weight buddy, so you can live longer and post more often in rfd :) for your own good!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Mar 5, 2016
29 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
L4cky wrote: i think you need to lose some weight buddy, so you can live longer and post more often in rfd :) for your own good!
Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. I know I need to spend more time on cardio while at the instead of bulking it's hard when you can only do low impact exercises. I'm just slowly cutting while getting my injured knees(ball is life) treated.,

I really Just want a good chair for work.
Banned
Sep 18, 2016
9 posts
I want to buy some chairs for office. Does this fit for desk of size 1 1/5'' H?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
exyzee wrote: Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. I know I need to spend more time on cardio while at the instead of bulking it's hard when you can only do low impact exercises. I'm just slowly cutting while getting my injured knees(ball is life) treated.,

I really Just want a good chair for work.
Good luck! You can keep bulking, just do some low carbs diet. A diet is more important than exercises, you can be healthy with a diet and not training, you may not be necessary healthy by working out and not dieting. I hate to diet as well and I also have struggles, just eat unlimited veggies and drink water and get proteins. Do some cycling if u can, avoid at all cost jogging and running long distance.

Lastly, go read on shoes. Some shoes are more expensve, but will save your knees.

I know it's very hard but u can do it!! Remember: everything is worthless if you can't be healthy forever, You can be as rich as Steve jobs, or as famous as he is, but he wasn't able to manage to live at the end of the journey, Summary, a homeless person is in a better spot than he is.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Feb 25, 2006
285 posts
56 upvotes
I hover anywhere from 150-155. It's about 18 inches in width from the inside of one armrest to the other, with me sitting relaxed I'd say I've got about 1 inch on each side before my thighs hit the edge of the seats. I would HIGHLY recommend you go to your nearest Staples and test it out due to your current frame. The seat has not sagged yet, the mesh lining has held up pretty well.
Feb 25, 2006
285 posts
56 upvotes
jointedhornet wrote: I'm 6"1 and 165lbs(I know, model size), will this chair be good for me? or is it a tall mans kryptonite? I have been using a mesh ikea chair i bought used for like $5, but it sucks. i just use a pillow, to soften the landing, and my butt always gets sore after an hour or so. I probably need a new desk too. Its too low.... or maybe i should raise it up on some casters...
It'll fit snug but based on other taller users I'd say you would probably have to remove the headrest.
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm 6'1" and the headrest fits at my neck, which is fine with me.

The headrest has an inch of room to adjust up and down. Make sure yank it up.

If you want it to fit at your head, there is a mod mentioned in this thread that does that.
May 15, 2009
117 posts
48 upvotes
If anyone has a spare coupon I would appreciate it. I have pretty bad neck and upper back issues right now. Looking for a new chair that may help.

Edit: Thanks. Ordered.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1258 posts
287 upvotes
Ontario
This chair is designed for midgets. No height adjustability.
May 6, 2004
461 posts
70 upvotes
Last year i bought this chair online after seeing numerous positive reviews here on RFD. After putting it together and sitting on it for about 2 months, I decided that it wasn't quite for me. I work from home every day so I do spend 9-10 hours on the chair M-F. I'm 5'6", skinny built (130lbs). I've also adjusted my work desk (L-shaped) to be slightly lower than normal for better posture. I couldn't quite get the chair to adjust to a comfortable enough setting. The arm rest hits up against the edge of my desk even at the lowest setting, I couldn't get close enough to my workstation. I eventually had to take the arm rest off.
I eventually picked up a Steelcase Think chair off kijiji for $250. Yes, more expensive, but after taking the chair home and comparing it to the Hyken, I can see why the Hyken is a ~$150 chair VS some the chairs used in corporate offices costing minimum of $500+. The built is just better even on my 2nd hand chair. The arm rest could be adjusted up and down, left and right, and tilting sideways. Yes it's not brand new, but the construction quality, the amount of adjustments available, and the overall comfort is worth the difference for my purpose.
By no means I'm bashing the Hyken - it works out well for many people. I'm probably not the body type that works well with the chair. Ultimately I think it's best if you try the chair in store first to see if it fits you. If you work from home often enough, I personally think it's worth investing more $ on the chair to minimize the damage done to the body by sitting so much. Check out various office chair manufacturers (Herman Miller, Haworth, Steelcase, etc) and used office furniture deals.
My 2 cents :)
Jul 16, 2007
315 posts
696 upvotes
Don't forget -2% GCR, and $10 off $100 coupon 7404099000252808
Oct 4, 2013
25 posts
61 upvotes
woob wrote: Don't forget -2% GCR, and $10 off $100 coupon 7404099000252808
Thanks, will add to OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)