Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Hyken™ Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black, 50% off ($142.41)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 4:45 am
Sep 11, 2011
42 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
hogujak wrote: Code doesnt work. It is already used.
open incognito mode in browser
google for a temporary email account (eg: https://www.guerrillamail.com/, https://www.mailinator.com/, https://temp-mail.org/en/)
go to staples.ca
there will be a popup that asks you to sign up for a newsletter to get $10 off $100
get email with coupon code
????
profit
Jul 16, 2007
315 posts
696 upvotes
hogujak wrote: Code doesnt work. It is already used.
Oh dang. Guess staples creates a personal coupon code.

If you go to the canadian "retail me not" website, you will be able to generate your own coupon code there
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3916 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
This chair is smaller in size compared to most office chair in the $150+ range. I am 5'8" 140lb and it fits ok. But never able to adjust it to a comfortable tilt etc. ended up returning.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
wongmb wrote: This chair is smaller in size compared to most office chair in the $150+ range. I am 5'8" 140lb and it fits ok. But never able to adjust it to a comfortable tilt etc. ended up returning.
im 5'4 , will it be ok?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3916 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
you should be fine. I suggest buy in store so you can try it first and also scratch and save today for extra 5-15% off
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5057 posts
4990 upvotes
Toronto
I've put in my personal experience, but really, most people have several Staples not too far away and most have this chair on display, so the best thing to do is check it yourself. Also, there shouldn't be any issue with returning it if you tried it at home for a while and it doesn't work for you. It's the same as a mattress, for everyone that says a certain one is uncomfortable, another one will say it's great.

Some things to keep in mind when trying it out in store or at home:

1. Headrest is adjustable (not very obvious)
2. My body took a while to adjust to it as it's my first mesh seat. I had previously used leather padded foam chairs (think ones sold at Costco or the typical < $200 Global brand chairs). First few days, it wasn't uncomfortable, but didn't feel "right". After that, I adapted and it's been great.
Feb 22, 2012
109 posts
8 upvotes
SURREY
I feel that the head rest is too far back but that may be because I have poor posture. I wasn't a big fan of the mesh feeling either--especially when I wear shorts or go shirtless on a hot day because it ends up feeling sticky. I put a blanket over the chair and find it more comfortable lol

All in all, I'd recommend the chair.
Jul 16, 2007
315 posts
696 upvotes
Chair arrived yesterday and I just put it together. I'm 5'9" and the headrest digs into my shoulders. Super weird, but I will try out the mod mentioned earlier, hopefully that will make it acceptable.
Last edited by woob on May 19th, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3916 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
woob wrote: Just arrived yesterday and I just put it together. I'm 5'9" and the headrest digs into my shoulders. Super weird, but I will try out the mod mentioned earlier, hopefully that will make it acceptable.
I am similar height and that happened to me too. Why I ended up returning. Also find sitting position way too upright even after adjusting.
Jul 16, 2007
315 posts
696 upvotes
wongmb wrote: I am similar height and that happened to me too. Why I ended up returning. Also find sitting position way too upright even after adjusting.
Hmmm yeah I am on the fence. After doing the mod, the headrest feels like it sits a bit too far forward for my liking, but ever so slightly.
Jul 9, 2013
16 posts
3 upvotes
CHATHAM
How high does the chair at it's lowest setting ? Comfortable to sit cross legged ?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
I tried a few chairs today. I'm 6' and that head or neck piece sits in the middle of my shoulder. No good. Too bad that piece doesn't seem to adjust higher.
Nov 15, 2005
723 posts
411 upvotes
Montreal
trellaine201 wrote: I tried a few chairs today. I'm 6' and that head or neck piece sits in the middle of my shoulder. No good. Too bad that piece doesn't seem to adjust higher.
Im 6,2` and i did the trick previous posted from another member and the neck sits at the good place.
first picture

Second picture
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 39,99$
Nov 15, 2005
723 posts
411 upvotes
Montreal
trellaine201 wrote: Mmm can't really tell what was done?
Look at op first picture and look at mine its way higher then original
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 39,99$
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
Thanks OP - ordered with the $10 off as well.
Banned
Apr 12, 2017
85 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
patroniton wrote: I've seen some mixed reviews about this chair (mostly from Reddit. Just search "hyken" and you'll find the discussions too). The biggest cons seem to be that the arm rests are hard and if you're taller than about 5'2" the headrest will dig into your shoulders.

General consensus is that if you're a shorter person you'll find the chair more comfortable, and that it's a decent chair for the price point.
Just got the chair today. I'm 5'7. All good here.
Ahorra plata o plomo.
May 8, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
Works great for 175cm
Note that it's pretty upright in comparison to others that lean back
Tech consultant by day and crafting useless software by night.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1288 posts
290 upvotes
Would've bought the chair, but I'm 5'11, so gg me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)