Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Hyken™ Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black, 50% off ($142.41)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 4:45 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3107 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jm1 wrote: I've put in my personal experience, but really, most people have several Staples not too far away and most have this chair on display, so the best thing to do is check it yourself. Also, there shouldn't be any issue with returning it if you tried it at home for a while and it doesn't work for you. It's the same as a mattress, for everyone that says a certain one is uncomfortable, another one will say it's great.

Some things to keep in mind when trying it out in store or at home:

1. Headrest is adjustable (not very obvious)
2. My body took a while to adjust to it as it's my first mesh seat. I had previously used leather padded foam chairs (think ones sold at Costco or the typical < $200 Global brand chairs). First few days, it wasn't uncomfortable, but didn't feel "right". After that, I adapted and it's been great.
I just bought the global chair at Costco $199. It feels comfortable except the leg part, it has kind of a hump at the front and after awhile my legs hurt. Did yours have a hump as well? I'm 5'11 and I tried it at the store only for like a couple minutes I didn't feel uncomfortable until I put mine together at home and sat for awhile. I have joint paint sometimes and wanted a chair to help with that. Would the mesh chair feel better?
May 1, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
MachinaMaw wrote: Decent price for a fairly popular budget office chair. You can sign up for Staples' newsletter to get a code for $10 off $100

So I ordered my chair on May 19 for $142.41 and got email confirmation from Staples. But today I got an email stating that my order cannot be fulfilled and Staples does not honor back order. The chair will be back in stock in 7-10 business days and I should re-order at that time. Could you guys tell me what I can do in this situation? Is Staples legally obligated to sell me at $142.41 when I re-order or sell at regular price of $284.82? Can I exercise my rights under 'Consumer Protection Act'? Please advise. Many thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3107 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
dealhunter2017 wrote: So I ordered my chair on May 19 for $142.41 and got email confirmation from Staples. But today I got an email stating that my order cannot be fulfilled and Staples does not honor back order. The chair will be back in stock in 7-10 business days and I should re-order at that time. Could you guys tell me what I can do in this situation? Is Staples legally obligated to sell me at $142.41 when I re-order or sell at regular price of $284.82? Can I exercise my rights under 'Consumer Protection Act'? Please advise. Many thanks!
if it says no rainchecks and/or anything about price errors or while supplies last, then you cannot do much about it. Try buying in store, I was able to buy and pickup at the etobicoke location at queens plate, they had 3, 1 was a display.
Oct 5, 2011
446 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if there any more stock in the GTA?
Aug 8, 2008
414 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
About 20 in stock in-store at Heartland, Mississauga. Just grabbed one from there.
Aug 1, 2005
918 posts
111 upvotes
Burnaby
Just bought online with coupon and selected an in stock store pick up. Odd that when you select the pick up option, you can't buy the $13 one year Easycare warranty. Would have made a great filler to get over $150 for coupon.

EDIT: Odd, I've ordered twice now with in store pick up from two stores in Vancouver that show it in stock. Both got cancelled saying it's OOS. Website still shows stock at both stores.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been refreshing the staples page every couple hours the last 2 days to grab one and just copped one for home delivery (-$25 coupon). Quite happy.

Website now says OOS again after my order, so hopefully it goes through
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1100 posts
236 upvotes
bought this chair last year. I'm 5'9" 190... I took out the headrest as its optional. Love the chair.
Fido client
Tangerine client.
Feb 16, 2017
396 posts
385 upvotes
jlo mein wrote: Just bought online with coupon and selected an in stock store pick up. Odd that when you select the pick up option, you can't buy the $13 one year Easycare warranty. Would have made a great filler to get over $150 for coupon.

EDIT: Odd, I've ordered twice now with in store pick up from two stores in Vancouver that show it in stock. Both got cancelled saying it's OOS. Website still shows stock at both stores.
The shipping is like 1-2 days. Just get it shipped to your home.
My experience with the chair currently is that first the assembly was not the easiest. I suggest putting the armrests second last (headrest last). The instructions say to put on the armrest before you put on the seat support which makes putting on the seat support a pain. Second, the seat itself is not really comfortable. The mesh is rough on bare skin. The front end of the seat has a foam piece. When you sit, the mesh sinks it but the foam piece doesn't which means it will dig into your thighs and cut circulation UNLESS you use a foot stool so your thighs don't rest on the front end of the seat... I am keeping this one though because although my legs lose circulation, the rest of my body a lot more air circulation which is great.
Aug 1, 2005
918 posts
111 upvotes
Burnaby
wwkk624 wrote: The shipping is like 1-2 days. Just get it shipped to your home.
My experience with the chair currently is that first the assembly was not the easiest. I suggest putting the armrests second last (headrest last). The instructions say to put on the armrest before you put on the seat support which makes putting on the seat support a pain. Second, the seat itself is not really comfortable. The mesh is rough on bare skin. The front end of the seat has a foam piece. When you sit, the mesh sinks it but the foam piece doesn't which means it will dig into your thighs and cut circulation UNLESS you use a foot stool so your thighs don't rest on the front end of the seat... I am keeping this one though because although my legs lose circulation, the rest of my body a lot more air circulation which is great.
Yeah I wanted delivery but it was OOS at the time. It seems to be in and out of OOS online constantly, I snagged one last night. Hopefully the order goes through.

Thanks for the tip on assembly. I didn't run into the commonly mentioned thigh circulation issue when I tested it in store, but I did have the chair at a height where both my feet were planted on the ground and my thighs weren't supporting much weight. So it seems for those who do have that issue, they should use a foot stool like you suggest, or lower the chair until their feet are on the ground.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Last day for the 50% was yesterday, Monday.

- I placed an order on Sunday for the chair
- Called in yesterday, 24 hours after ordering at 3pm to add in coupon, went fine. Added coupon with representative - checked my order and didn't say anything about oos.
- I get an email right now, 48 hours after placing the order that chair is OOS and my order CANCELED

WHAT TF, STAPLES. Why are they waiting 2 days after an online order to tell me it's OOS and to reorder on 2 weeks again when the sale is already done. I fricking could have saved time and drive to get one from nearby store pickup. Shit, I could have just ordered another chair instead from the sale

Now no sale to buy another chair, no chair to get the one I ordered, and no rainchecks :s

Staples Canada is a f stupid company. Staples Canada is a crap company
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
all these big store in Canada have ******** Min-wage paid employee with very poor inventory control system.
I have ordered store pick-up from homedepot, canadian tire , lowes. None of them fill in my order properly once.

"Sorry we cannot find your items sir"
"the website showing wrong inventory"
"we don't know where are they"
In one word, all they are saying is "we just cancel your order, refund in next week, please F off , don't order from us anymore"
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
modelerIII wrote: all these big store in Canada have ******** Min-wage paid employee with very poor inventory control system.
I have ordered store pick-up from homedepot, canadian tire , lowes. None of them fill in my order properly once.

"Sorry we cannot find your items sir"
"the website showing wrong inventory"
"we don't know where are they"
In one word, all they are saying is "we just cancel your order, refund in next week, please F off , don't order from us anymore"
It's 2017 and marijuana dispenseries have better inventory system than some of these big retail stores.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)