Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Mesh Chair - 50% off!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2018 2:09 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
2388 posts
2185 upvotes
I'm 6 2 (and handsome), should I expect to return this chair. What can I replace it with for a similar price.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1724 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone have a coupon I can use?? Thanks in advance!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6102 posts
2228 upvotes
Kootenays
chatbox wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:02 am

e.g. Why are office chairs on wheels...and mostly 5 wheels?
Chairs are on wheels so you can scootch up to your desk without having to lug a chair and to roll between file cabinets. They have 5 wheels to keep them from tipping over if a wheel catches on something.
Mar 21, 2013
806 posts
514 upvotes
EDMONTON
ayo23 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 12:52 pm
I've had the Hyken before and now I have the Markus.
Markus >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyken

The Hyken f'd up my lower back b/c of the mesh seat sagging and putting inward pressure on my back.
Also if you're 6' tall, the headrest on the Hyken is useless since it'll dig into your shoulders.

Markus is comfy af.
Markus hurts my back. And depth of lumbar cannot be adjusted.

It's different for everyone.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1518 posts
117 upvotes
toronto
Thanks.
Seems like those codes are for reg price items.
I notice there's a $10 off coupon signing up for email, if anyone's interested. Not really sure how long it would take to get.. I signed up almost an hr ago
Aug 22, 2017
15 posts
8 upvotes
anyone have a new coupon and is there any good desk deals ?
Feb 7, 2008
386 posts
174 upvotes
St Catharines
Flonkeys wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:23 am
Did you mod it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
I picked this up maybe a year ago on a similar sale. I'm about 6" and I found the headrest too low as others have described. Otherwise it's held up well in my home office and hasn't noticeably sagged. There is a small lumbar support pad that has some limited up/down adjustment. As someone with back issues I find it a touch low and not very pronounced, but certainly 'good enough', and better than most chairs I've tried in this price range (I did not try Ikea/Markus).

Re. modding:
The modding was very easy to do and helped with the headrest height - use a thin screwdriver and you don't even need to pierce the fabric like the picture.

The issue I noticed was that once you flip the bracket, the headrest angle adjustment gets messed up a bit. The stoppers are on the other side of the bracket so it just wouldn't stay in place and kept hinging downwards - It's usable, but I kept having to tilt it back up. Also, if I remember correctly, flipping the bracket flipped the direction of tilt meaning it would angle really low and stop at midway (vs. being able to angle it upwards). I ended up just taking the head rest off, which is easy to do.
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix